Quantcast
What are your thoughts on Acura? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on Acura?

Default What are your thoughts on Acura?

Almost everyone I know thinks theyre overpriced and their reputation has been on the decline the past 10yrs. Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    TSX

They're basically just overpriced dressed up Honda's. I think they're very nice cars still and may still consider getting a used one someday. They're still extremely reliable and inexpensive to maintain. I just think that everyone driving a Acura who believes they're driving a luxury vehicle needs to get that out of their head. It's poser luxury IMO.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

^^^ yeah id say a TL would be in the same class as the Nissan Maxima. I dont know why Acura didnt go for more of a luxury product like Infiniti did.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

I'd buy a used one if it was cheap enough but anyone that buys a new FWD TL thinking its a worthy competitor in luxury land is an idiot.

Acura sales are in a free fall and that is why.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

The cars are okay kind of a luxury-lite car line. They use a lot of parts from the Honda parts bin so they are generally reliable vehicles and the interiors are usually pretty well done. The lack of RWD is their biggest failure as it's tough to compete against the big dogs without a RWD and a V8 offering. That homely front end has really brought the whole lineup down IMO.

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    ^^^ yeah id say a TL would be in the same class as the Nissan Maxima. I dont know why Acura didnt go for more of a luxury product like Infiniti did.
    Different subject but the Maxima itself is in deep trouble because of the G37. Maxima sales have fallen off a cliff ever since the G35 came to market in fact.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

I was in an Accura dealership this afternoon, not impressed with any of the cars and I used to like them in the recent past. The ZDX for example, you cannot expect an adult over 5'8" to sit in the back seat area, head banging experience for me at nearly 6'. As well many of the vehicles were not easy to enter or exit from the rear seats, not good at all.

I do like the Acura styles though, at least it is set off from the offerings of the other car makers. Maybe I should take a second look at the line up.
    Last edited by Muji; 09-05-2010 at 09:02 AM.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
    Originally posted by SRT
    I'd buy a used one if it was cheap enough but anyone that buys a new FWD TL thinking its a worthy competitor in luxury land is an idiot.
    Acura sales are in a free fall and that is why.
    While my dad and I were vaguely perusing Acura's a few years ago (more out of curiosity)
    Sales person: The TL is a great car. It's better than a 5 series
    Me: Oh? How so?
    Sales person: Because it has so much more horsepower and is $30,000 cheaper.
    Me: ..........thanks!

My Ride
    oooo

Well I have an '01 Acura CL type S along with the Passat and the Audi.

As far as reliability and operational costs go the Acura is retardedly reliable and cheap to maintain. It has been a super solid car.

However compared to the German cars it doesn't handle as well and the fit and finish of even the VW is definately superior.

Powerwise the CL fucking scoots, it definately has more power than the V6 passat but it is not as refined. When you mat the VW to pass it pushes you quietly back in your seat a little bit and off you go. In the Acura you put it to the floor and it says FUCK YOU to whoever you pass as it roars by (roars for an entry level luxury car).

All in all for used I would definatley buy an Acura over a used German car, but new Krauts all the way.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Not a big fan except for the 2007-08 Acura TL Type-S which is damn sexy!!

But yea considering they go for $25k+ and that you can get an M3 for the same price, its a tough sell for the Acura unless you would rather take the cheaper maintenance over better performance and what not.

My Ride
    E.L

Man, I have made up my mind that I m gonna drive mine too the ground a(2001 1.7 el).The damn thing is so reliable. Mechanically it will make it far into the 300,000's and will still probably run just as strong.

My Ride
    EP3

I wonder why Acura/Honda hasn't made the foray into RWD? I think this would help their image considerably...

If the current generation TSX (or the previous gen TL) were RWD, I would consider them in a heartbeat.

My Ride
    a tank

i had an 2004 acura TSX for 5 years 95k km zero issues, only the driver side power lock stopped working, replaced under warranty

a rear brake pad replacement after 50-60k in, that is about it.

car is fantastic if you can live without the power, mind you mine was a 6 speed, I am sure the auto feels much slower.

cant comment on the new TSX but the style does grow on me now
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Silverado

4 cylinder tsx with a six speed is an awesome combo, enough power for the commute with good honda fuel economy.
    also, I feel Acura has ruined the styling of the tsx like they have to various models.

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    4 cylinder tsx with a six speed is an awesome combo, enough power for the commute with good honda fuel economy.
    also, I feel Acura has ruined the styling of the tsx like they have to various models.
    Some of the new models are actually growing on me. I hated them all when they first came out but I actually quite like the CSX, TSX and MDX now. As for the ZDX, RDX and TL, those are all still ugly. I'm sure they're great vehicles still though. The front grill definitely needs to replaced on the whole Acura line!

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Sykes
    I wonder why Acura/Honda hasn't made the foray into RWD? I think this would help their image considerably...

If the current generation TSX (or the previous gen TL) were RWD, I would consider them in a heartbeat.
    I think its all about the main stream demand, having a RWD vehicle would turn off the majority of the buyers who want lives in cold winters settings.

but yet I will agree and cannot understand why they cannot at least release one RWD car

is it about sticking to what works for them?
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    4 cylinder TSX is rated at 11.8l/100 kms in the city according to EPA. G37 and Maxima for example are 12.4l/100kms and Audi 2.0T is 10.2l/100kms. That's not very good considering all those cars are much faster

new TLs look like bottle openers

My Ride
    EP3

Originally posted by SilverRex
    is it about sticking to what works for them?
    Given the what the competition offers, I don't know if what they have now is working for them. Granted, Acura makes a reliable product but - I think - there are better offerings out there.

I like the CSX, but I think it's a really weak effort on Acura's part, especially considering that it's a Civic everywhere else in the world. For the price of a TSX you could get into an A4 or 328 - they both have better performance stats.

I think what it comes down to is how high Acura has set the bar - it's too close to what Honda has to offer.

Sorry, I kinda ranted a little

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by Aleks

4 cylinder TSX is rated at 11.8l/100 kms in the city according to EPA. G37 and Maxima for example are 12.4l/100kms and Audi 2.0T is 10.2l/100kms. That's not very good considering all those cars are much faster
    is this the new TSX? because my 04 TSX 2.4L I was getting 10L/100km city, some times even at 9.6L/100km for 5 straight years.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast