Quantcast
Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot

My Ride

Default Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot

Just saw some dangerous shit go down on Deerfoot, about 2 pm. Posting this in case someone else on here reported it and needs another witness... or if the drivers are on here. In point form:

I got on Deerfoot at Anderson heading North. I merged, got in middle lane with the flow of traffic (~70-80 km/hr), this shit starts happening around the Glenmore overpass. Traffic is heavy but flowing well.

A Late 70's/early 80's orange GM truck (think it was a GMC) starts passing people where ever he can, driving like a douche. ~20 yr old kid, hat crooked, gf in truck. Doesn't get too far due to the volume of traffic.

R33 Skyline GTS followed by black 1st gen sunfire w fart can hanging down, sunfire had 3+ people in it, going the speed limit (80 km/hr). Diving safe, leaving room in front of them
    Skyline was gray, had a tall (12+ inch) body colored wing (supra style), silver 17 or 18 in rims, fart can

Just after calfrobe, truck cuts in between skyline and sunfire (both driving fine at the speed limit in left lane), cutting off sunfire badly (inches to spare)

Sunfire passes on left, cuts off truck in retaliation, does a small brake check

Truck passes both on left, cuts off skyline pretty bad

Skyline gets into middle lane, swerves at truck while driving side by side

Truck takes off, possibly sideswiping skyline, skyline takes off after

Truck starts driving erratically, gets sideways, almost loses it (goes over curb off highway while sideways, pulls back onto highway at speed), skyline pulls off near it, truck takes off again. Everyone seeing this in front of us slows down to like 40

Bunch of people driving around me start speeding up to catch up to the tards, presumably to get lisc plate #'s

Skyline takes off after truck, brakes hard infront of the truck while fishtailing, skyline parks on the side of the road with the truck stopped in the slow lane, driver of skyline gets out and pitches a bottle (I think) at the windsheild of the truck, smashing the pass side

Truck takes off, Skyline takes off after it, sunfire takes off after both

Truck and Skyline are side by side near 17th swerving at each other, truck fakes then swerves at last moment to take 17th E exit, Skyline can't follow

Skyline and sunfire exit 16th E exit, Skyline driver gets out to talk to sunfire friends, was ~20, chubby, with shaggy blond hair

Anyone else see this?

Was too bad that there were no cops to see any of this, I was convinced that someone was going to crash into the cars they were weaving around, or the fact that they were stopping ON Deerfoot with tonnes of other drivers around.

Oh, and a preemptive brool story, bro, cool story bro, etc

My Ride
    EK Civic Si

Default Re: Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot

Originally posted by Abeo
    Oh, and a preemptive brool story, bro, cool story bro, etc

My Ride
    Squdixxer 600

Shits messed, but its calgary..

Kewl story broski.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Def the worst case of road rage I've heard reported in Calgary.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    Nothing

Calgary drivers
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Originally posted by M.alex
    Calgary drivers
    I think the kid in the truck was from the sticks, looked like he was driving a farm truck

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

That's nothin, man.

Me and my bro were cruisin in his old Jetta when he pulled up to an S2000 at the lights. The S2k flashes his pink slip, so my buddy does the same thing thinking he's gonna take him.

Light turns green and we are fuckin pinning it. Hit the NOS and pass that sucka, right, and then outta nowhere this S2K just takes off man, like way ahead of us. My buddy chokes and heads back to his place. He was gonna take all his stuff outta the car, ya know? It was 100% legit.

Next thing two homeboys on bikes show up and fucking UZI everything. Man it was nuts! THAT'S ROAD RAGE, SUCKA!

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Saw that same orange gmc truck, assuming there is only one around being driven like a lunatic, about two days ago bookin a solid 110ish in the 80 zone on deerfoot by anderson weavin like a champion.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by A790
    That's nothin, man.

Me and my bro were cruisin in his old Jetta when he pulled up to an S2000 at the lights. The S2k flashes his pink slip, so my buddy does the same thing thinking he's gonna take him.

Light turns green and we are fuckin pinning it. Hit the NOS and pass that sucka, right, and then outta nowhere this S2K just takes off man, like way ahead of us. My buddy chokes and heads back to his place. He was gonna take all his stuff outta the car, ya know? It was 100% legit.

Next thing two homeboys on bikes show up and fucking UZI everything. Man it was nuts! THAT'S ROAD RAGE, SUCKA!

I actually beleived you until I read the entire thing up to the UZI part!

hahahahahaha.. then it all sounded way to familiar to me!

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Default Re: Re: Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot

Originally posted by Wehbeast

well that's just funny right there.

Seems like Calgary is bad news bears more and more recently

^bra thing was great

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I hope license plates were caught. Its likely someone called it in.

And no, its not worse here than in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg.

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by A790
    That's nothin, man.

How did it feel to get VTEC sprayed in your face when that S2k passed you?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Yeah people doing 80 on Deerfoot really bothers some people. People are quite divided over it, and I too have seen some real drama. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
    I'll do 80 if they are doing actual construction, but just because there aren't lines painted doesn't necessarily justify leaving ALL of it an 80 zone, especially when there is no Construction staff there.

I really wish they'd finish, since its like they're just stalling over the rest of the paving.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Slow Injected

The guys should just pull over and duke it out or something instead of putting others in danger It sounds like you kept up with them the whole time

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Yeah people doing 80 on Deerfoot really bothers some people. People are quite divided over it, and I too have seen some real drama. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
    I'll do 80 if they are doing actual construction, but just because there aren't lines painted doesn't necessarily justify leaving ALL of it an 80 zone, especially when there is no Construction staff there.

I really wish they'd finish, since its like they're just stalling over the rest of the paving.
    Traffic was flowing well at 80-90, guys in the skyline and sunfire were taking it easy beforehand... and the truck was the one idiot who what to drive faster than everyone else, even though it was impossible to maintain 100km/hr for more than 10 seconds.

As for construction, they could at least throw some temp paint down like other areas do... but with the large lips between the right and middle lane, I think it makes sense for it to be 80, not to mention the people who brake to 60 because there is a bump.

My Ride

Originally posted by gyu
    The guys should just pull over and duke it out or something instead of putting others in danger
    Thats what I thought was going to happen when they pulled over... looked like the skyline kid wanted to

Originally posted by gyu

It sounds like you kept up with them the whole time
    I got out of the lane they were brake checking in (I left a ~100 ft gap because I got a bad vibe from the truck from the beginning), then caught up to them both times they stopped on the highway. I was trying to avoid them, accelerated slow, left a huge gap, but it just played out in front of me.

My Ride

skyline plate found: kijiji ad

(assuming there is only one gray r33 with a wing that big in town)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast