Quantcast
Viper ACR Track Performance Debate - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Viper ACR Track Performance Debate

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    I think Rage2 needs to step back and think about what he's writing. He seems like he very angery and is not able to think before he writes. Obviously, if someone is going to be racing their car hard, they will be getting brake upgrades regradless of what car they own, any car being raced somewhat hard would have poor brakes after a few laps. I don't think that is the point of this thread, i thought it was discussing the faster car. Keep it cool rage and don't be a foo!
    Umm..no.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    I think Rage2 needs to step back and think about what he's writing. He seems like he very angery and is not able to think before he writes. Obviously, if someone is going to be racing their car hard, they will be getting brake upgrades regradless of what car they own, any car being raced somewhat hard would have poor brakes after a few laps. I don't think that is the point of this thread, i thought it was discussing the faster car. Keep it cool rage and don't be a foo!
    911 twin turbo works fine with stock brakes.
    SLK 320 works fine with stock brakes
    SLK 32 works fine with stock brakes.
    Viper ACR (American Club Racer) has massive brake fade after a few laps. Why they even call it a "racer" package, I'll never know. You sure the hell can't race an ACR out of the box.

I've already said the Viper is fastest in a straight line (compared to say 911 TT). I was bitching about the handling and braking of the car (the point of this thread). The Vipers can be very fast if upgraded, I've already mentioned that earlier as well.

You should READ before you write.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I think the reason he may have came off as angry to you (i found his posts direct, but hardly angry) is because every time he makes a point, someone misreads it or says something that it not entirely correct, and so he ends up repeating himself over and over on the same issue.

Like it or not, rage is correct on his explanation of the Vipers performance when the runway ends. The viper desimates all on the strip, but loses all its ground on the not so straight.
    Travel

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

one of the first thing that many viper owners upgrade is the brakes, as rage stated brake fade and burning out rotors is a common problem with those cars. Althoug it has a 48/52 weight distibution Ive heard that it has soe really strange handlign characteristics, ive also seen countless videos of stock vipers smokign the walls due to brake failure....ive never driven one so i cant make any mroe claims than this..would I buy one..never
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

On an interesting side note, Fear Factor host and UFC spokesperson Joe Rogan chose to buy an Acura NSX over a Dodge Viper because the Viper drove like crap compared to the Acura.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

but NSX soooo out of date! how can they not change the design for like 10 years ;(

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    but NSX soooo out of date! how can they not change the design for like 10 years ;(
    because evenm after 10 years it still looks better than 95% of the cars on the road today.....the viper has basically retained the same style since its release as well....these cars arent shitty little sunfires, they arent produced in huge numbers and dont rely on image transformation in order to generate sales
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 09-10-2002 at 11:15 AM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

because evenm after 10 years it still looks better than 95% of the cars on the road today.....the viper has basically retained the same style since its release....these cars arent shitty little sunfires, they rent produced in huge numbers and dont rely on image transformation in order to generate sales
    Word to that buddy, word to that!
    Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Check this out for comparisson.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...nge_opener.xml

Check out the braking distances. The porsche had 640 feet to stop from 150MPH to 0, and on the stock Discs and pads...almost all the other cars were 700+ and there was a vette at like 880 feet! There was a viuper that was close to the porcshe, but hey, I would expect that when spending 6 large upgrading the wimpy stock brakes... This is what we were saying, vipers are good at getting fast, but bringing them back is HARD!!! And these cars are the best of the best. This is with upgraded brakes for sure. So any talk saying this or that about vipers having wicked brakes is a farce.

And yeah, after reading it, I dont know how the porsche lost out...it excelled in everything but 1 second on the total course time...
    Last edited by Ben; 09-10-2002 at 02:37 PM.
    Travel

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    dudes the NSX has changed... its all new and better too... NSX -R dynamic balancing... a matter a fact saw one today... WHITE! niceee

Originally posted by rage2

911 twin turbo works fine with stock brakes.
    SLK 320 works fine with stock brakes
    SLK 32 works fine with stock brakes.
    Viper ACR (American Club Racer) has massive brake fade after a few laps. Why they even call it a "racer" package, I'll never know. You sure the hell can't race an ACR out of the box.

I've already said the Viper is fastest in a straight line (compared to say 911 TT). I was bitching about the handling and braking of the car (the point of this thread). The Vipers can be very fast if upgraded, I've already mentioned that earlier as well.

You should READ before you write.
    Well the point of this thread was the looks of the vipers, not their handling characteristics, shitty or otherwise, you changed the subject by bitching. Not that i'm keeping track or anything... lol
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    Well the point of this thread was the looks of the vipers, not their handling characteristics, shitty or otherwise, you changed the subject by bitching. Not that i'm keeping track or anything... lol
    lol bastard! Since we're keeping score, the thread started out as viper acr looks, someone pointed out that it was small, I said it was big and handles like crap, then a few people said how awesome the viper handles, and the discussion focused on the track abilities of the Viper. Time to split the thread...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by Benny
    Check this out for comparisson.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...nge_opener.xml

Check out the braking distances. The porsche had 640 feet to stop from 150MPH to 0, and on the stock Discs and pads...almost all the other cars were 700+ and there was a vette at like 880 feet! There was a viuper that was close to the porcshe, but hey, I would expect that when spending 6 large upgrading the wimpy stock brakes... This is what we were saying, vipers are good at getting fast, but bringing them back is HARD!!! And these cars are the best of the best. This is with upgraded brakes for sure. So any talk saying this or that about vipers having wicked brakes is a farce.

And yeah, after reading it, I dont know how the porsche lost out...it excelled in everything but 1 second on the total course time...
    I dont know who was contesting the brake quality on the viper. I certainly wasnt.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by jonny

I dont know who was contesting the brake quality on the viper. I certainly wasnt.
    Quality of the brakes is a direct corrilation to its ability to enter a corner later and hense allow for quicker lap times. If you can late brake, thats going to save you time, but if you have to start braking half way down the strait, that would suck.
    Travel

And?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

There are still people out there who think Vipers are wicked top knotch in every aspect, this just shows some clarification.
    Travel

Oh ok. I thought it was directed at me for some reason.

Originally posted by Benny

Quality of the brakes is a direct corrilation to its ability to enter a corner later and hense allow for quicker lap times. If you can late brake, thats going to save you time, but if you have to start braking half way down the strait, that would suck.
    Ask any racer, any real racer, its all about exit speed, not entrance speed.
    ---

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

this is what you get for putting a truck engine in a car lol...

Actually it's a car engine, that was put in the truck.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast