Quantcast
Where to sign up for ball/indoor hockey? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to sign up for ball/indoor hockey?

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Where to sign up for ball/indoor hockey?

I'm looking to get back into it because I'm a lazy ass! Does anyone know where to go to sign up for or drop in for indoor/floor hockey or is anyone who is playing need a player? I usually play goalie so let me know.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Check out Superleagues. Season started though....

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

http://www.alliancefloorhockey.com/l...ueInfoID=58582

Its run out of two churches, but its not "churchy" or anything. I've been involved in the occasional scrap.

Non hitting, no wind-up slap shots, wood/composite sticks ok.
    Last edited by revelations; 09-24-2010 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

you could try calgary sport and social clubs

it is rec but i think some leagues get pretty competitive... it is no contact and all that though.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I've been playing for 3 seasons now with Calgary Sport And Social Club (CSSC). It was about $50 to play for the first season but then we signed up as a team and this season only cost me $27 for 9 weeks.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by revelations

Its run out of two churches, but its not "churchy" or anything. I've been involved in the occasional scrap.

I am one of the organizers for this league, lots of guys from the super league play here as well. In my opinion the best ball hockey in the city. Online stats, draft, and waiver system for new players. Would love to have any new members join. We especially need a couple new goalies this season. Games are Tuesday Nights, will the odd Saturday. Cost is $60 for the season includes a t-shirt and 40 or so games. Let me know if you have any questions.

My Ride

Originally posted by Eride

I am one of the organizers for this league, lots of guys from the super league play here as well. In my opinion the best ball hockey in the city. Online stats, draft, and waiver system for new players. Would love to have any new members join. We especially need a couple new goalies this season. Games are Tuesday Nights, will the odd Saturday. Cost is $60 for the season includes a t-shirt and 40 or so games. Let me know if you have any questions.
    I played on Aaron's team last year....it was pretty good hockey; playoffs got a little intense/personal at times for some people though.

Ya man, just like anything people can take it far too seriously. But on average I find its a great, competitive fun league to be a part of. 2nd week of pre season is this Tuesday so still time for new guys to sign up.

My Ride
    FA20

60 bucks for 40 games?! wow

How long is each game?

Each game is 30minutes, 2 15min halves. You play 2 games a night.

Originally posted by revelations

I'm a little curious as to what happens after a scrap? lol do you guys pray for forgiveness and talk about it?!...seeing as it's a Christian league...my parents are Christian so I'm not poking fun or anything just wondering...or is there some kind of outreach program integrated into the games, seems weird and honestly makes me a little apprehensive in joining...

No outreach program or anything like that, just show up and play hockey. We frown upon fights and that sort of thing, penalize them and hand out suspensions when needed just like most rec leagues. You are more than welcome to show up this coming Tuesday free of charge to check it out, if you don't like it you don't have to come back.

My Ride
    TL

don't go into CSSC for floor hockey. it's not even hockey with the rules they put in

My Ride

Originally posted by Canucks3322

I'm a little curious as to what happens after a scrap? lol do you guys pray for forgiveness and talk about it?!...seeing as it's a Christian league...my parents are Christian so I'm not poking fun or anything just wondering...or is there some kind of outreach program integrated into the games, seems weird and honestly makes me a little apprehensive in joining...
    The guys that run it are Christian, but you definitely dont see anything like an "outreach" program there - or anything "churchy" for that matter. Were just a bunch of guys who love hockey.

Just like regular hockey, penalties and suspensions are dished out for misconduct... no prayer circles or anything...

The age range is from 17-40 something? So a really good mix of people..... tons of talent as well (or in my case, lots of effort and no talent).

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by dandia89
    don't go into CSSC for floor hockey. it's not even hockey with the rules they put in
    No stick blades above the waist and 3 seconds grace in the corners. Nothing wrong with that.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I played in the CSC league before, and a few games subbing for the team that ended up winning it last year. Only thing is I have something going on Tuesday night. Good calibre ball.

You can also check GHL. They have a website and play at NSD and other locations.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Originally posted by Canucks3322

Stu Grimson is Christian and he fights but is pretty decent guy off the ice. Hordichuk is supposed to be too but I don't like his style.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Looks like teams are set and season starts Tuesday. Who might be the favorites? I see Aaron, Dan, Eric and couple others are way ahead of others in terms of points total :-)

Fyi....CSSC also has no offside rule, it gets kind of boring playing defence when you can just dump it down or make a stretch pass down to another person on your team standing behind the defence and right in front of the goalie lol....

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Looks like teams are set and season starts Tuesday. Who might be the favorites? I see Aaron, Dan, Eric and couple others are way ahead of others in terms of points total :-)
    Haha ya we drafted teams yesterday should be a great season for sure. Still room for guys to sign up too, will be put through on waivers. A few guys from beyond will be playing this year as well. Are you Bigbaboss?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast