Quantcast
Shaw's loyalty department - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Shaw's loyalty department

No dice here either, I tried a month or so ago. On hold for like 45 minutes just for them to tell me to pound sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by codetrap
    Bump from the dead....

Anyone had any luck lately trying to get a deal from Shaw? I was very politely just told to go pound sand when I inquired about the loyalty department.
    Shaw doesn't have a loyalty department.

They are well aware of the fact that over 90% of the cancellations calls were just people trying to bluff their way to a discount.

If you don't like Shaw's prices go elsewhere.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

When I switched from shaw to telus, I called up shaw and asked them what they could do, discussed my needs, and they were no help at all. Basically, they told me that telus sucked, and I would be back. Been a few years, and I'm still with telus and still not switching back to shaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

I use to pay $146 after tax for personal tv + 2 theme packs, Internet and basic phone and the Filipino tv package which is $20. I call to give them my 30 days notice and they offered me premiere tv and 1 extra channel (investigation discovery)+ Internet 50 + phone with 250 mins long distance and the Filipino tv package. all in for $155. Not great but I'm happy with it. I think that's $40 off the regular price.

My Ride
    Silverado

haha, told me telus sucks and to pound sand

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yeah, from what it looks like, all the bluff calling ruined it for us haha.
    Shaw doesn't give a fuck anymore.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

From when I signed up with them, they weren't too bad. But they weren't willing to give as much hookups. Tried to get them to match Telus 6 month promo and no go, only 3 months. But got them to hook me up with 2 free HD-PVR boxes.

As well, I believe they are or have getting rid of the student plan. Not sure if thats a good move or not. Student plan use to be $36/month for high speed 20 and basic tv.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Shaw doesn't give a fuck anymore.
    Neither does Telus.

They won't give you a deal if you threaten to leave either.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    As well, I believe they are or have getting rid of the student plan. Not sure if thats a good move or not. Student plan use to be $36/month for high speed 20 and basic tv.
    The student plan still exists.

http://www.shaw.ca/back-to-school/?i...-all-non-shaw&

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by sputnik

Shaw doesn't have a loyalty department.

They are well aware of the fact that over 90% of the cancellations calls were just people trying to bluff their way to a discount.

If you don't like Shaw's prices go elsewhere.
    Really? I'm pretty sure they transferred me to their loyalty department in July where I got them to knock $30 off my monthly bill or I was taking my business to Telus (not bluffing either). Now I am a 20 year customer so maybe that made a difference but they did try pretty hard to remove as many dollars as possible for me.

That said I still hate Shaw and hate that Shaw and Telus are making $$$ hand over fist because they can.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by sputnik

The student plan still exists.

http://www.shaw.ca/back-to-school/?i...-non-shaw&

Oh okay. But if you look, they don't bundle the TV+Internet together anymore for the $36/month. Its now $51/month and even though its not much of a jump, for a student thats alot of money.

For me right now, I have the Personal TV. All the channels they give you are shit. The only channel so far worth watching in HD is the HGTV to watch for ideas on renovations.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    blue limo

Anybody's home phone down? As I don't use the home phone a lot just for when people are trying to get into the apartment. Apparently it's been down for two days now though.. I just called and reached a machine saying they know it's down and are currently trying to fix it, what B.S.

My Ride
    Car

Bumping this thread, my shaw bill just doubled thanks to the end of my promo period. Anybody have luck with negotiations, or are they still offering us SFA?

My Ride
    XT6

We got a price hike ($100 to $215).

Called them and complained they didn't give two shits so we cancelled.

They called back a week later with a free hd pvr, all the hd channels + movie central, 100Mb internet, and home phone for $100 + tax.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

we called to cancel, our bill was well over 200 and now they dropped it to 99, we were actually going to cancel though

May I ask Theken and Chandler_Racing what your packages were at the time of the price increase? Crazy that it went up that much, and I'm for sure feeling the strain from paying a stupid high crazy cable bill each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

They called back a week later with a free hd pvr, all the hd channels + movie central, 100Mb internet, and home phone for $100 + tax.
    How long would this last for, though? Once it ends, you're going to be in the same situation again.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:36 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

I called in to complain about the rate hikes a couple months ago and they gave me a $15/month loyalty discount for a year. Better than nothing I guess but still comes out to 140 or something before taxes.

I really should just switch to telus but it's kind of a pain in the ass to do since I have all this recorded stuff on my pvr's all the time and need 4 boxes which Telus can't seem to offer without adding rental fees.

Probably why Shaw is succeeding in keeping me since they can provide 6 recordable HD feeds at a time vs a max of 2-3 for Telus. I also get 50MB internet which Telus can't match either.

Last time a Telus rep called and we added up the cost I would have saved $40 or $50 per month for 6 months then I would have ended up paying more for the full package then I do for shaw currently.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    XT6

Originally posted by Disoblige

How long would this last for, though? Once it ends, you're going to be in the same situation again.
    Believe 6 months my fiance called in so would have to check with her.

With that said, we will leave if they don't honour something similar at expiration.

Their model is shit and encourages customers to move but it is what it is.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast