Quantcast
Race Track Ideas - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Race Track Ideas

Originally posted by Zewind

Scott - Ive actually already looked at the specific peice of land. There is a residential community going in very close to that. So it would be the PERFECT spot.
    Far from perfect. Makes the likelihood of getting permits pretty slim to none.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Can you specify "the man behind race city"?
    I have not seen anybody that owns the place on any forum, but I know that some kind of deal was struck to let somebody else run the show and get things happening.

Honestly, the lessons that can be learned from race city are huge.
    #1, run events at a time that suits the people competing/spectating
    #2, not even close to a living person with a land title
    #3, much better safety typical of newer tracks
    #4, own the land
    #5, seperate 1/4 and road tracks
    #6, have something for everybody as close to all year round as possible
    #7, constantly look at ways to improve

The track is only running because of the huge interest of late in cars. I'm not 100% sure that alot of older race city stuff applies to any new track.
    That said, talking to somebody involved with such a big operation might lend some insight into the size of project this is once it gets rolling.

What is up with Badlands anyway? Isn't that deal on hold due to people worried about crap also? Hence #2.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Art MacKenzie is the lease holder and thus the "owner" of Race City. I assume that is who he is talking to.

My Ride
    Slow And burns oil !!

962 kid, that was my opinion, if you dont respect it or dont enjoy reading it then i would appreciate you not inputting your critisizm...

why does the majority of beyond enjoy causing little problems ??
    all i wanted to do was chime in a bit.
    if you are here to correct me every second like my teacher then fuck off.

and if u have anything else to say pm me.
    id love to meet up.

have a great fucking day
    Booooooooosted Da9
    WD21 pathfinder mud rig

Revhard, I know infineon has the 1/4 mile and roadcourse together, they just have the first 1/8 mile or so separate and then tie the last half into a straightaway on the main course.

Mugensix, it's a public forum. Don't like criticism or input? Don't post, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I wasn't causing problems or attacking you, so go chill. No need to pm me either, I have no interest in furthering your self delusions of being some hXc thug.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    Slow And burns oil !!

962 kid, eat a dick case closed. i could care less.

Did i mention the eat a dick part?
    Booooooooosted Da9
    WD21 pathfinder mud rig

My Ride
    it has wheels???

Originally posted by 962 kid
    Revhard, I know infineon has the 1/4 mile and roadcourse together, they just have the first 1/8 mile or so separate and then tie the last half into a straightaway on the main course.

Portland International Raceway is also a combo drag/ road course. Interestingly enough it also located on a city park and thus city owned. Even the garbage is collected by regular city sanitation workers. However they are even under pressure to close down.
    "Could you please turn down your car"- Ben

Originally posted by Roaring G60

Portland International Raceway is also a combo drag/ road course. Interestingly enough it also located on a city park and thus city owned. Even the garbage is collected by regular city sanitation workers. However they are even under pressure to close down.
    Currently I believe the best method is to have the drag strip and the road course separate. Maintenance cost being one issue, but the ability to have events on the drag and the road course at the same time is another.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

UPDATE: Dec 17/10
    Bump from the dead
    Website up and running Calgary Racing Core

We are currently looking into more feed back, questions and requests. They can all be posted as comments on the website, pm'd or e-mailed to Me

`

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

RV parking/campground could be a great income source for the racing facility if you guys can afford to buy 100~200 acres of lands and turn some of the section into RV parking facilities/storage.
    just my 0.02 cents

Originally posted by Zewind
    UPDATE: Dec 17/10
    Bump from the dead
    Website up and running Calgary Racing Core
    The web site, especially the 'About' web page, needs a lot more work - if you're going to launch a web site, then you should probably make sure that every page has content that is relative to the message you're trying to get out to the visiting masses. Even grammatical errors and spelling mistakes (reference) will turn people off - some of the sentences (reference) could have been better written by my twelve year old. Never the less, it's a better attempt than anything else I've seen as of late in an attempt to address the future of motor sports facilities in the Calgary area and hopefully, something positive can come out of your current venture.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by muse017
    RV parking/campground could be a great income source for the racing facility if you guys can afford to buy 100~200 acres of lands and turn some of the section into RV parking facilities/storage.
    just my 0.02 cents

Yes, that is one of the avenues we are exploring.

Originally posted by speedog

The web site, especially the 'About' web page, needs a lot more work - if you're going to launch a web site, then you should probably make sure that every page has content that is relative to the message you're trying to get out to the visiting masses. Even grammatical errors and spelling mistakes (reference) will turn people off - some of the sentences (reference) could have been better written by my twelve year old. Never the less, it's a better attempt than anything else I've seen as of late in an attempt to address the future of motor sports facilities in the Calgary area and hopefully, something positive can come out of your current venture.

Thank you for your input, sometimes I do jump the gun on the readiness of my projects. You should see an updated within the next few days. I might need to hire a professional writter. lol.

fwiw,

a shopping centre in foothills gets turned down. A shopping centre, in an area that needs it.

Good luck with a brand new track in a dysfunctional area where politicians only push through things that will make them/their friends money (bronco-cough-cough-lrt expansion-cough-cough), and say no to a bunch of good ideas.

You are better off volunteering with Art, or setting up a volunteer Nenshi-type army, to get out and spread the artificial word, to build support for this cause, that no one else in calgary cares about.

All of you that voted for Nenshi (because he can text and twitter better than McIver) better text and twitter him that you want the lease renewed on Race city for 5-7 years. So someone can invest in re-doing the north side when the ring road allowance will wipe out the track.
    ----------------------------------

My Ride
    03 Vette vert, 00 Cadillac STS, '81 Z28

Ummmmm, jumps

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6