Quantcast
Fuji Finepix X100 Introduced - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fuji Finepix X100 Introduced

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Fuji Finepix X100 Introduced

Holy shit, I think I just found my next camera especially if the colour is anything like the S5.

http://www.finepix-x100.com/
    http://dpreview.com/news/1009/10091910fujifilmx100.asp

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I read that only 1000 will be produced.

edit: nvm, I have mistaken this camera for another one.
    Last edited by HiSpec; 09-22-2010 at 12:50 AM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I'm hoping the price is the $1000 I read and not the $1800.

I'm really excited about this one.

My Ride
    W204

I can't seem to determine how manual focusing works. If it's a focus by wire system, a la m4/3, then I think it's a big fail in my books, unless it can somehow work better than the one on the GF1 with 20mm. I also can't tell if the ring at the front is the focus ring or the aperture ring. And without a good manual focusing system, what exactly is the point of actually having a viewfinder?

On a cam like this, unlike a Leica body that actually uses the viewfinder for focusing, I think it's actually a step backward. Had they gotten rid of it, they probably could have shrunk the body and weight and made this thing even more portable. For now, I think it's more like a gimmick to lure the old school, aging photogs, who despises LCD screens, yet, there so many advantages that an LCD screen can offer over a traditional viewfinder. Maybe in an SLR it's different cause you're actually looking thru the lens, but this.. Especially if you're shooting at the hip, wouldn't an LCD make way more sense? I dunno, maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

I am not sure I am seeing the appeal of this cam... Other than the fact that it's got Leica-like controls and looks, it seems to me like it's just a wanna-be. Like a Hyundai Genesis wanting to be a BMW and falling short because of bad suspension tuning and cheap materials, with undercutting by price being the only thing going for it.

Hahaha I have a feeling I am going to be shot down pretty quick here.

For now I'll just have to wait until the stupidly expensive M9 comes down in price hehehehe...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Fujifilm has confirmed it will be around $1,000 USD, not $1,800. Availability is expected March 2011.

Sadly, it has no image stabilization, and no zoom (or at least ability to change lenses), two things which are a must for me in my next P&S camera. If it had those things, I could even overlook the fact that it is the ugliest camera I've ever seen haha.

Anyways, a TON of people are excited about this one, I bet they will sell all they can make. This is fairly close to being my ideal P&S camera as well, but IMO it has overlooked some major things.

The lens should be top notch...very little doubt there.

Also, they are using a CMOS now (the S5 used a CCD), so it will be interesting to see how good the implementation is in APS-C format. They have a bit of a reputation to live up to, so I suspect it will be quite good.

My only hope is that other manufactures take note of its popularity and follow suit. Nikon has it's EVIL system coming up, but not a lot is known about sensor size.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-22-2010 at 09:17 AM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I'll take a nice big optical viewfinder over an LCD one any day, and I'm not old This one is a hybrid so you can apparently switch between the two?

Nice sensor for decent dynamic range and ISO performance and 35mm equivalent is pretty easy to live with as an all around lens.

Trying to compare this to Leica is a little far fetched. An M9 body is what, $7k on its own? Plus the stupidly expensive lenses. This is a throwback/update to the old fixed lens Rangefinders

DSC_8698 by ryankarr, on Flickr

My Ride
    LS460L

seems like the uglier the camera, the better it take pictures? lol