Quantcast
Netflix launches in Canada today! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix launches in Canada today!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Ya been using it for a month or so. They really need to add new content as some movies are better than others.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by dj_patm
    Except not really. Who rents old movies anymore? They only movies I rent are new releases. Which Netflix doesn't have.
    For $8/month, its cheaper than renting old movies at BB.

I think Blockbuster is safe here in Canada. Plus were not as lazy as Americans. I'm pretty sure everyone here would rather go to the video store to rent new movies over settling for an older movie.
    It's not about lazy. It's about convienence, having a movie when you want it, without worrying that they're all rented out.

You can rent new movies on Apple TV for the same price as Blockbuster. And not worry about returning it, late fees, etc.

Unless Netflix gets new releases on there release date. Then blockbuster is F'd.

Why doesn't blockbuster come out with a Netflix like service except with its new relases?
    Because you can't do that for $8/month. Try Apple TV. The combination of the 2 has completely eliminated Blockbuster visits for me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Yeah I've never heard of Apple tv. Time to google.

I still think Blockbuster will be fairly safe in Canada for quite a while. At least until someone comes along with blu-ray player or tv's with these different apps already on it (I know there already out there but I mean, wants it's standard)

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Haha. Using the iTouch to control Apple TV is pretty cool I must admit.

And the new one for $119 isn't bad at all. Damn Apple. I try to stay away from you, oh well.

My Ride
    This and that.

I know bit of an old thread but I am looking for websites that stream movies/tv shows online? Other than netflix, I used to know off one which was pretty good but I seem to have forgotten what it was.

anyone notice that using lan cable to xbox, netlix struggles to maintain hd? I have telus optik. Tips thoughts?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Switch off Telus?

I watch a movie a day on xbox netflix and never have a problem with HD.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    anyone notice that using lan cable to xbox, netlix struggles to maintain hd? I have telus optik. Tips thoughts?
    I have CAT5 to both my Xbox and PS3 and don't see any issues with maintaining HD. Only time I've noticed that was when I was running a torrent program on my PC at the same time.
    -U

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I signed up and while I have defenitely changed my tune from earlier I still think it DESPERETLY needs more movies. Not even new ones necessarily. Just more. I literally have only 3 or 4 movies left to watch on my "really want to watch" list and I've only watched 3 or 4.

What I do find it most useful for is catching up with classics. Until I got Netflix a few weeks ago I had never seen Reservoir Dogs, Snatch, Memento or Requiem For A Dream. Now those are some of my favorite movies.

Its also severely lacking in the comedy department. What Happens in Vegas and Superbad are obviously hilarious but outside of that there is nothing that I want to watched. Maybe Dazed and Confused but thats it.

Anyways my current list of whats to watch goes:

1. American History X
    2. The Game
    3. Layer Cake
    4. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    5. Dazed And Confused

Thats it... What am I going to do after? Thats about a month or so of movies to watch...

My Ride

the documentaries are great. Alot of them, at a glance, your'e like "meh" but once you start watching you're enthralled. As any good documentary should be.

Try watching Who the Fuck is Jackson Pollock, and King of Kong for a healthy dose of indignation.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Just got added today I think. I remember racing home from school to watch Gadget at lunchtime, so many memories.

See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

If anyone doesn't know why Alex Caceres from the Ultimate fighter calls himself Bruce Leroy and wears the yellow jumpsuit you have to see "The Last Dragon"

Sho-'Nuff!

I just signed up & I'm impressed...

looks like it scales to the highest res that can be displayed through available bandwidth...

I'm on telus optic and the content of most shows/movies are better than my HD Telus TV.

Content definately can be improved, but there are some great titles there already...

Eulogy... my favorite comedy!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by FraserB
    Just got added today I think. I remember racing home from school to watch Gadget at lunchtime, so many memories.

Lol, yeah same, I only lived 4 blocks from my elementary school. Always watched Inspector Gadget, and You Can't Do That On Television during lunch.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i just got it last night, fairly limited selection, i searched ssome stuff on the website and it recognizes it, but it says not available. Does that mean US has it and we dont? when will they release more shit to us?

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by JfuckinC
    i just got it last night, fairly limited selection, i searched ssome stuff on the website and it recognizes it, but it says not available. Does that mean US has it and we dont? when will they release more shit to us?
    It has pretty much every movie in there, I'm not sure if that means the US has it but I know that they have ALOT more then us. They have enough selection and enough new releases to drive Blockbuster USA into Bankruptcy.

Canada has much different laws then the states about distributing Movies and shows so our selection will be A LOT more limited for a VERY long time unless that law changes. Hence why Blockbuster Canada is still going strong. Infact I've heard a rumor that blockbuster is going to get new releases even earlier then everyone else would should secure there finacial health even longer.

I wish we had it like they do in the States.

This link shows every new addition to the CA site....

http://app.whatsnewonnetflix.com/
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

My Ride
    Acura EL

Looks like Netflix canada has just started getting the idea. Looks like they got the newer harold and kumar. And currently watching notorious.

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah they updated with some fairly current stuff.
    -U

My Ride
    changes every year

most of the newer stuff can be seen on super channel or movie central. i just watched notorious on superchannel a couple days ago. they also changed the interface to netflix and i dont like it, it seems like half of the movies arent even there, anyoe found a way around this without searching for something you dont even know waht youre searching for?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast