Quantcast
Where to buy Nokain Hakkapeliitta Tires? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Nokain Hakkapeliitta Tires?

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Default Where to buy Nokain Hakkapeliitta Tires?

I'm looking for 2 Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi tires size 195/55r15. Anyone know of a place to buy them with a decent price?

I've looked online and can't seem to find them anywhere that ships to Canada. KalTire wants $200/tire and I was really hoping to find them for less than that.

My Ride
    Z

Kal Tire has a monopoly on them from what I have read. There is always kijiji if you don't mind a used set.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

You can't buy them locally through anyone except Kal Tire, but you can drive to the states and get them installed there and drive back and not pay duty... just an idea
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    You can't buy them locally through anyone except Kal Tire, but you can drive to the states and get them installed there and drive back and not pay duty... just an idea

that is if the Canadian customs agent is feeling generous. IIRC the maximum allowed on a 24hr period is something like $50 before you have to declare it.

I personally do not recommend this route with out declaring. As it will make every border attempt into the US and re-rentry into canada a nightmare for the rest of you life.

Unfortunately Nokian has very tight rains on the distribution of their tires, you cant even buy them online.

Toronto apparently is the place to get them at a decent price here in Canada

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

$200 a tire for 15's ouch that is steep.

My Ride

It's much higher then that. I handed them my receipt for $498 and they let me drive through.

I don't see why he'd declare it, pay cash, roll on them through. I'm not saying it's right, but it's an option.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Well my other option is mismatching tires (because I have 2 good Nokians right now and two bad ones).

I know most people say this is a bad idea, but has anyone tried it? ie: running 2 same brand tires on the front and 2 different ones on the back?

My Ride

There's a couple cheaper tires that have almost the same tread pattern as the Rsi's (old version). Can't recall them off the top of my head but I'd say go for it. Just make sure the stickier ones are on the front.

This should never be attempted with and AWD car though, center diff go boom

My Ride
    '05 Saabaru 9-2X

Last I checked, 1010tires had some Hakkas but they may not necessarily have the latest & greatest or ship them to Canada.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

Daytrip to Montana, screw the Canadian monopoly on the tires you want. I would declare the tires, as once you are red flagged for not doing so, well clean underware and a two hour delay at the border crossing for the next few years will be the norm. Want to fly to Las Vegas for a mini vacation? It will be delay after delay due to your red flag.

Hankook makes tires with the same tread pattern but much harder compound.

My Ride
    Edge

Originally posted by toastgremlin
    Last I checked, 1010tires had some Hakkas but they may not necessarily have the latest & greatest or ship them to Canada.
    1010tires has some but not in the requested size. And, yes, they will ship "to" Canada since they are located in Richmond, BC.

Just ordered a set of Nokian Hakkipilatas (spelling?) 7's for my 550i. Kal Tire wanted $2450 installed for just the 19" tires.

www.tiresbyweb.com had them for $1300 free shipping to Montana Shipping Outlet. They recieved them 3 days later, called me, I asked for them to ship to Calgary, no problem, $200 to do that, after everything is said and done, I'm probably about $1650 total.

Highly recommend them.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Just ordered a set of Nokian Hakkipilatas (spelling?) 7's for my 550i. Kal Tire wanted $2450 installed for just the 19" tires.

www.tiresbyweb.com had them for $1300 free shipping to Montana Shipping Outlet. They recieved them 3 days later, called me, I asked for them to ship to Calgary, no problem, $200 to do that, after everything is said and done, I'm probably about $1650 total.

Highly recommend them.
    What did Montana Shipping Outlet use for a postal company? Did you have to pay any fees like GST or brokerage when you picked up the tires?

My Ride
    NC1

Highly recommend them.
    Wow that is awesome.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by inline6turbo
    It's much higher then that. I handed them my receipt for $498 and they let me drive through.

I don't see why he'd declare it, pay cash, roll on them through. I'm not saying it's right, but it's an option.
    Depends on the border guard. My boss does this for all his tires, and I'm just waiting for him to get busted on it. It's easy and cheap, BUT all they have to do is look down and see those nice new rubbers (and it isn't hard to tell new what a brand new tire looks like), and you'll be in a world of hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Highly recommend them.
    Just talked to tiresbyweb.com. Very friendly on the phone. I'm gonna phone Montana Shipping Outlet to see what they're going to charge me but I already know it's going to be cheaper than whatever I'd pay at Kal-Tire. Shit, at these prices we might just pick up tires for the other car for the hell of it.

Originally posted by SportEL

What did Montana Shipping Outlet use for a postal company? Did you have to pay any fees like GST or brokerage when you picked up the tires?
    They use UPS to get the tires up here. There is a brokerage fee, that was included in my estimated. My friend priced out another set of Nokians, they were a more common 17" size and it only saved him $150, in which case he decided to order them from Kal Tire.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Well I spoke too soon.

Hakka R SUVs in 225/70R16:

$1009.34 installed from Kal-Tire

$950.80 w/o UPS brokerage and duty shipped to Montana, shipped to me, installed by UrbanX.

Can't argue with that.

I e-mailed Montana Shipping Outlet on Friday and got a response today saying they ship via UPS with shipping charges between $200-300 depending on weight of the tires and where it is shipped to, but I would be responsible for taxes, duties, and brokerage fees.

So with that in mind and my tire size, I would pay about the same price at Kal-tire to get installed and balanced, but I would also get the tire warranty, rotations and all that. I might as well get them at Kal-Tire then to save the hassle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast