Quantcast
Cocky cops can suck a $%&*!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cocky cops can suck a $%&*!!

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Default Cocky cops can suck a $%&*!!

Normally i dont have a problem with police, but i just got a ticket on Deerfoot going 111 from a laser trap (hidden behind a huge sign) by Mckenzie where it just so happens to still be a 70 zone for about a km, which is retarded. but oh well, i WAS "speeding", that not my problem, im gonna fight it anyway becuase the ticket wasnt fully filled out.....but as they were at my car, other cars were flying by at well over 100, so i say "see, everyone still thinks this a 100 zone, that guy is going like 120".....so he says....."Well YOU should have been going 70 then you wouldnt have been pulled over, this road is not suited to be going that fast because of the curve in the road due to construction"....if he is serious,what a joke, I could take the curve he is talking about at 150 in a 5 ton truck, its not even a curve.... then he rubs it in after he took 15 minutes to right out the ticket, which he didnt even finish....finished when he got back to my car becuase my address is different now, and i hadnt changed it on the lisence yet ( which he got all pissy about)... "are you aware that since May 20th, the fines have increased for traffic violations?"...."yeaaaaaaaa"....."well, hope you realize that this is a pretty big ticket($273), and if you were going 50 over that you would get an automatic court date, so i hope the rest of your night is better".......im just a LITTLE pissed off. . .....I cant express through text how cocky his attitude was, i wish traffic cops didnt have guns, cause he deserved to get knocked the F#*@ out. cocky bastard.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

What a bastard, I could easily say, your wrong, BUT there is cops like that out there, and I've come accross him, twice... A 1998 corvette goes screeming by me at speeds OVER 100 MPH on NE, Mcnight... (Me and the Vette are the only cars out there) the speed trap is near NORTEL,... Who gets the speeding ticket? ME, the Vette got away. I'm in a Mini-van "clocked" at, 109 KM/H in a 80 KM zone... the cop is yelling at me, saying I was racing him, ( A 1998 Corvette vs 1996 Caravan) How do you argue with a hot head cop like that?

The first time, i met him was a year before,... the same cop busted me for strobe lights in my headlights.( i forgot 2 turn 'em off,.. Alarm) He was a dick back then too, HE stuck his head inside the car and screamed for answers..... THEN wrote me a ticket for impersonating a police vehicle. He also tried to write tinted window tickets, but i was leagle in that department.. thank god... BTW: both times were during 6-7 PM on a weekday,

My Ride
    ferrari enzo.....lol jk

dont worry 70% of this forum feels your pain

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

heh, so thats who was pulled over, :tongue: dude, you of all people should know better than to speed through there, haha.

I 110% agree that it should be at least 100 on that stretch, but its not. Even at 4am on a sunday morning I still do 80 max through there. Cops love hanging out there cause the minimum ticket is like 30 over.

Ah well, live and learn.
    Travel

My Ride

Originally posted by Ben
    heh, so thats who was pulled over, :tongue: dude, you of all people should know better than to speed through there, haha.

I 110% agree that it should be at least 100 on that stretch, but its not. Even at 4am on a sunday morning I still do 80 max through there. Cops love hanging out there cause the minimum ticket is like 30 over.

Ah well, live and learn.
    Honestly, i usually cut through mckenzie/douglasdale instead of taking deerfoot, less traffic at most times of the day among other reasons, so it completely slipped my mind that it is still a 70, so i didnt think to slow down, and i wasnt even driving like a jackass tonight, i had my cruise set at 110 for christ sake!( well 111 i guess ).....another thing that pisses me off is my roomate just got in, and went 150+ the whole way home down deerfoot and didnt see a cop....my stupid luck.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    something green

Fight it, and take pictures of the curves on deerfoot and number 2 at 100 or 110 km/hr speed limits, and ask what the difference is... That 70 zone is being left like that , just for that purpose, especially right down the far end there, there is no reason for it to be 70, and even cops refuse to drive at 70, every cop that I have been behind down there, drives it 85-90 minimum...
    Revenue generation, masqueradind as safety enforcment, such a bunch of absolute shit.... Thats the kinda of stuff to take to your aldermen come election time, but no one seems to remember that kinda of stuff at election time...Maxt
    Too loud for Aspen

Originally posted by Maxt
    Fight it, and take pictures of the curves on deerfoot and number 2 at 100 or 110 km/hr speed limits, and ask what the difference is... That 70 zone is being left like that , just for that purpose, especially right down the far end there, there is no reason for it to be 70, and even cops refuse to drive at 70, every cop that I have been behind down there, drives it 85-90 minimum...
    The 70 zone that used to be at the end (from 22x to McKenzie) is now posted at 100. So, if you are entering the city from the south, the speed limit drops from 110 to 100 just before 22x and then is 100 all the way to the McKenzie turn-off and slightly beyond.

The area (southbound) where it is 70 is where the construction of the bridge is happening. (And shortly there after). It is 70 in both directions, and for many people, the way the lanes get cut off (especially in southbound lanes) is confusing even in the day time. Plus, hey, it's construction.

James:
    As for Northbound, which it sounds like James was going, there is a small area directly beside the bridge where it goes abruptly from three lanes down to two lanes. It is 70 from just shortly after barlow all the way to 22x (which is BS) It should be 70 specifically where you got your ticket (Sorry, but true) but near the end is where the real BS 70 is...

Unfortunately it is a construction zone...you are lucky fines don't double in construction zones like some provinces and states!

As for driving a 5 tonne truck...blah blah blah...YES! I agree, you could drive that fast with no problem in a loaded SEMI. You're unfortunately missing the point. It's a pisser mostly because you got this ticket at night, when construction probably isn't even happening. That's what sucks.

If the officer had any concern for the 'workers', he wouldn't be ticketing at this time of the day. He's just stealing money for the City.

As for the ticket, if you think it is not filled out correctly and in its entirety, any decent lawyer will get that quashed in about 2 minutes talking with the prosecuter. So fight it yes...also, you should fight it anyhow and basically have the ticket reduced. Because you are only 1KM an hour in to the 'bigger' ticket range, any judge would reduce that to 39 over and your fine (and points) will decrease.

Also, your Judge might just think the officer is a dumbass prick, because not many 'normal' cops would write you a ticket which they full well know pushes you in to the next 'bracket' of fines and demerits. Especially when it is by 1Km/H. That's just a *CUNT* officer.

Oh yes, I've been there a couple times...I feel your pain.

Now, for your amusement. A small story.

When I was 16-17 years old, I had a 1988 Chevy Sprint. We lived in Deer Run in the SE. Near where we lived, we had a playground zone. My older brother came home one day quite upset. He'd just got a ticket from a 'young cop' who was apparently quite rude, and mean. My brother made him out to be quite the asshole. I thought he was just making the badness up...

About a week later, I am late for class. I hop in the car and zip away. Speeding in the playground zone, I get pulled over. Cop comes to my car. Young male, ugly as sin. Asks nicely for my Insurance, Etc. I provide it. He takes it and turns to walk to his car. About half way to his car. He stops. One hand comes up and he scratches his head. He turns around. Slight grin on his face as he re-approaches my vehicle (window still down).

He says, and I quote. "Hey, you're the punk brother of that little punk I pulled over just the other day". My response..."Oh, really. I guess that makes you the ugly asshole cop he was talking about!". <No lies, these are memories forever for me!> The grin disappears. He says nothing, walks back to his car and writes my ticket up. After this...he was completely professional to me in the delivery of the ticket. No smart ass comments, nothing. (Think he was worried some folks might actually file a complaint!!!)

When I was young, I always fought every ticket, *NO MATTER WHAT*. So, I paid my lawyer $320 and fought and won. Nice.

Moral of the story: All cops are NOT nice. Fight all tickets. *NO MATTER WHAT*.

My Ride
    firebird

That ticket really sucks.

I almost got NAILED during exams just before the Mckenzie turnoff. I stayed at the University really late and I just wanted to get home. So I was about to break my record of 15 minutes back to Mckenzie doing 130 in that little stretch just after 130 Ave and Just as I get near the end of the barricades, I see a cop van hiding behind the big sign. I hammered the brakes and slowed down to about 105-110. I was like "ohhhh fuck oh fuck oh fuck I'm fucked" and I crept by praying that he wouldnt turn on his lights. He never did pull me over, or catch up to me. Thank god because that would have been an automatic court appearance.

As for your ticket, I dont think you will be able to argue that it should be 100 in that stretch for these reasons:

1) The 70 zone starts just after the Barlow exit
    2) It is a construction zone
    3) That curve is very dangerous to drivers who do not know that the right lanes cuts off (I have seen many near accidents there for that reason)
    4) There is no lighting for about 200m after the 130 Ave intersection making it a hazard that you cannot see
    5) The road is very rutty and bumpy in through there

You will be able to fight it with a Lawyer or by going to plea bargain with the CP. I hate that construction zone and I am always cautious of speeding through there. Good luck!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Originally posted by MK3HKS
    dont worry 70% of this forum feels your pain
    so true man!!!
    i just hate some of them!!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

hehe Construction zones at night sucks. Nobody working, yet they keep the speeds way down.

I almost got nailed in the Dalhousie Station construction zone back then... they were REAL sneaky there. 80km/h during the nights, 50km/h during the day when there's actual construction. Yet, on some nights without construction, they leave the limit at 50km/h and hide 5 cops there. That was evil.

I guess enough ppl complained and they left the limit at 50km/h night and day after that. But man, what a huge cash cow that section was.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Same thing when they were building that overpass near the junction of Crowchild and Glenmore Tr. No construction around yet the speedlimit was down to 50km/hr from 80km/hr with a nice big fat bridge support on the right and a hidden left lane. Luckly I was trapped behind two cars pacing each other going 45 km/hr frustrating the hell out of me......which quickly turned to relief when there was 2 cop cars and people getting pulled over.

These zones just because part of driving in Calgary, just like common Photo Rader locations. When you driving in them do the limit, then resume speeding when you are through them, lol
    Last edited by Akagi Redsuns; 12-28-2003 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Z_Fan

Moral of the story: All cops are NOT nice. Fight all tickets. *NO MATTER WHAT*.
    oh im fighting it, thats for sure, there is NO WAY im paying the whole fine, and i sure as hell am not getting demerits, i dont care how long it takes me, i'll drag this out till 2006 if i have to,......I was actually heading southbound on Deerfoot, and yes mckenzie does have some good points as to why its a 70 zone, but like rage and maxt siad , its nothing but a cash cow at night, during the day with construction workers on duty i would 100% deserve the ticket, but at night , its just lazy cops who should have something better to do.

Originally posted by James

its just lazy cops who should have something better to do.

u mean nothing lol

My Ride

Originally posted by tegdream

u mean nothing lol
    no, they SHOULD have something better to do, it makes sense.... :tongue:

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Hey James..... Were they hiding behind that sign with the picture of the new interchange and stuff? I've seen them many times during the day, but rarely at night. Guess I should watch out now!

My Ride

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Hey James..... Were they hiding behind that sign with the picture of the new interchange and stuff? I've seen them many times during the day, but rarely at night. Guess I should watch out now!
    yep, pretty sure that was it.

My Ride
    '05 Legacy GT

It's only 70 because of the construction for the overpass. there's not really a reason for it to dip down to 70, but I guess that's their decision. I always go 100 through there anyways. I've never seen radar there before though. sorry to hear you got stuck with a ticket, man. I'd go in and ask for a reduced fine 'cause you probably won't get it completely withdrawn.

My Ride

Originally posted by ThreePly
    It's only 70 because of the construction for the overpass. there's not really a reason for it to dip down to 70, but I guess that's their decision. I always go 100 through there anyways. I've never seen radar there before though. sorry to hear you got stuck with a ticket, man. I'd go in and ask for a reduced fine 'cause you probably won't get it completely withdrawn.
    oh i know, i'll just get the demerits withdrawn, its been done.

My Ride
    06 Legacy GT

This probably isn't the best time to make my introduction but as someone who knows an officer I should give their side of the story. I have ben on the receiving end of some BS tickets so I am in total agreeance with all of you here. Unfortunately, the cops are under constant pressure to issue "X" amount of tickets per month, depending on the beat they are on. If they fail to do so it goes on their permanent file and really messes up promotions and shit like that. He has admitted to giving shite tickets that he knows he shouldn't give....but it's in his best interests to do it. So, the best thing to do is watch the speed at the end of the month and keep the illegal mods to a minimum and they should....big emphasis on should....leave you alone.

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

so if TWO cops pull you over (one car, partner's) and hand out one ticket who get's the credit? Both cops?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast