Quantcast
September 24, 2010 mayoral candidate's poll - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who is your current mayoral choice?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Craig Burrows

2 0.93%
  • Joe Connolly

4 1.86%
  • Barry Erskine

0 0%
  • Bob Hawkesworth

3 1.40%
  • Barb Higgins

16 7.44%
  • Jon Lord

1 0.47%
  • Rick McIver

76 35.35%
  • Naheed Nenshi

108 50.23%
  • Wayne Stewart

0 0%
  • The other six

5 2.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: September 24, 2010 mayoral candidate's poll

My Ride
    Golf

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Barb just fired her campaign manager.

That just screams "You didn't pick out the red M&M's, you're gone" to me. Which is a bad thing.
    Ouch, things just haven't gone to plan with the Higgins campaign. Tide seems to be turning.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by speedog
    Poll was done by Leger Marketing for CTV Calgary and The Calgary Herald. Too bad demographic numbers weren't included in the story.
    That's exactly what I find to be problematic with the polls on here. They only focus on a specific demographic, one that isn't particularly influential in the real world.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Metro news story from today.
    Wow - interesting take. From the article:

It looks like Calgarians who are interested and concerned about the issues enough to show up to a mayoral forum are voting for Nenshi in great numbers, while the uninformed — who perhaps are relying more on name recognition — are getting behind McIver.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ffmf

Wow - interesting take. From the article:

Metro is grotesquely liberal. I would be surprised if the majority of their writers don't know the extent of Naheed's campaign platform. Back the brown, bro.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by downbytheriver

Ric McIver:

Votes for the $3 park & ride fee - now claims he wants to scrap it

Calls auditor Tracey McTaggart a "rock star" then a week later votes to fire her.

Votes to pre-approve police budget with zero scrutiny, yet still claims he's a fiscal conservative supporting a zero-based budgeting. can't be both.

Does the development industry's bidding by voting to gut Plan-It in a last minute behind-closed-doors deal reducing minimum density requirements.
    All this takes a back seat to the fact he doesn't oppose urban sprawl. That alone makes him unelectable.

Something to ponder - I know of people who won't vote for Nenshi because he's a practicing Muslim. Doesn't matter that it hasn't been been shown that he's an extremist or not, just the fact that he's Muslim is enough for them to vote for someone else. Kind of narrow minded IMHO, but that is the reality with many people - their faith can too easily muddy their perception of someone else.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Golf

^ People that retarded and xenophopic are unlikely to be drawn to such a substantive candidate anyway.

My Ride
    Silverado

im gonna vote for nenshi once i figure out when and where

Nenshi's campaign is looking better.

I love Ric on the Racecity but his flip flopping is ticking me off.

Barb - ummmm answers she gave regarding the airport tunnles & peace bridge were enough to turn me away.

Joe Connolly was a great Alderman - I think he should have stay on for another term before switching.
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

During the last federal election, I got into a discussion with someone about how Anders and Burrows were some how connected. How legit that claim was, I don't know, but it's enough to make me not take a chance on Burrows.

I'm leaning towards those that have some sort of experience in City Hall. Though the current council doesn't have much to offer, the lesser of all the evils would be McIvor. If I had to pick someone from the outside it'd be either Higgins or Nenshi.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Nenshi all the way. He use to tutor me when i was in high school...Super smart and classy guy. He always talked about his Family and it's nice to see that our future Mayor values family as much as I do.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Something to ponder - I know of people who won't vote for Nenshi because he's a practicing Muslim. Doesn't matter that it hasn't been been shown that he's an extremist or not, just the fact that he's Muslim is enough for them to vote for someone else. Kind of narrow minded IMHO, but that is the reality with many people - their faith can too easily muddy their perception of someone else.
    That goes both ways. How many immigrants are going to vote for him just because he is brown?
    Member since 2003.

Originally posted by 3g4u
    That goes both ways. How many immigrants are going to vote for him just because he is brown?
    Very true indeed.
    Will fuck off, again.

One thing to be considered in this poll is the demographics of beyond members - younger in age, but if Nenshi's campaign can get this demographic actually out to the polls, then an upset could be in the works.

this is kinda what i was thinking, nenshi wil.l actually have to be able to get his demographic to VOTE for him, he has the votes to win, but if they will actually get out and vote is the real issue with his chances
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

One thing to be considered in this poll is the demographics of beyond members - younger in age, but if Nenshi's campaign can get this demographic actually out to the polls, then an upset could be in the works.

And BTW, I am most likely on the upper extreme (down hill side???) of the bell curve when it comes to beyond age demographics.
    +1. If Nenshi has a chance, we all have to go vote and not vote on beyond online.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by kertejud2

All this takes a back seat to the fact he doesn't oppose urban sprawl. That alone makes him unelectable.
    Bingo! Exactly why I would never vote for McMoustache.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I couldn't care any less if he's Muslim, Hindu, Catholic, or Atheist. I won't vote for him because he's brown. It may seem racist to some, but from my experience brown people don't run the tightest ship. Almost every brown-owned store that I've been in is messy, dirty, and unorganized.

In university, if you wanted to cheat or take the easy way out of any exam studying/assignments, you went to the brown people.

When you buy a used car from a brown guy, from my experience, it's most likely beat to shit, full of hidden problems, and shady.

Check out what's going on in India for the Commonwealth Games and the reactions on this forum. Everyone sarcastically loled at "running on India time" and things of that nature, implying that it's a common trend. That's not an attitude I want in the mayor's office.

It may be my natural Polish prejudice talking, but I don't feel that a brown guy has it in him to run the city. Naheed Nenshi has a lot of ideas, but how many will he be able to execute with his one vote in a mostly white council opposed to change?

I'm voting for Ric, he has city council experience, he knows what can and can't be done, and he'll do a solid job.
    Last edited by Idratherbsidewayz; 09-27-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

I'm voting for Ric, he has city council experience, he knows what can and can't be done, and he'll do a solid job.
    Why would you vote for a white guy with a mustache? Every white guy with a mustache who holds any sort of executive position is a ruthless autocrat. Even if we ignore the easy ones the likes of Wilhelm II or Nicholas II were whiny bitches who's desire for expansionism at the expense of their current population would be their downfall. World War I was surrounded by pale, mustached men from Clemenceau to George to Archduke Ferdinand. Same goes for World War II, the two biggest pussies were Chamberlain and Montgomery, unlike clean-shaven Patton and Zhukov.

Knowing nothing else of McIver and his shitty policies, I wouldn't vote for him simply because mustaches make egotistical leaders who bring pain and suffering to all those around them through ruthless tyranny or limp dicked council procedure.

Why would you vote for a white guy with a mustache? Every white guy with a mustache who holds any sort of executive position is a ruthless autocrat. Even if we ignore the easy ones the likes of Wilhelm II or Nicholas II were whiny bitches who's desire for expansionism at the expense of their current population would be their downfall. World War I was surrounded by pale, mustached men from Clemenceau to George to Archduke Ferdinand. Same goes for World War II, the two biggest pussies were Chamberlain and Montgomery, unlike clean-shaven Patton and Zhukov.

Knowing nothing else of McIver and his shitty policies, I wouldn't vote for him simply because mustaches make egotistical leaders who bring pain and suffering to all those around them through ruthless tyranny or limp dicked council procedure.

Holy crap, this is hilarious!

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

BAM!

Great Moustached Leaders:

Lech Wałęsa - Great Polish leader who was integral in organizing the masses and taking down communism in Poland.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Theodore Roosevelt - American President who made more National Parks than all of his predecessors combined, and helped preserve the beauty of North America.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Idratherbsidewayz; 09-27-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast