Quantcast
Veyy bad experiences with Detail shop from HYATT INFINITI for 3M my FX35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Veyy bad experiences with Detail shop from HYATT INFINITI for 3M my FX35

My Ride
    2001 &2003 TOYOTA Soarer Convertible

Default Veyy bad experiences with Detail shop from HYATT INFINITI for 3M my FX35

I bought a brand new 2010 Infiniti FX35 for my wife 3 months ago from HYATT INFINITI. They had to order the SUV in from another dealership because of the color combo that my wife wanted. The buy was great with a great salesman at HYATT INFINITI. Because we had no time and trusting the dealership we had the whole front end of the new SUV 3M by a in-house shop located at the old Hyatt Infiniti dealership at the Calgary mall circle. We paid $899 + TAX for a full front bumper, 1/4 of the hood and fenders job (already got ripped off by them at that price but we had no time to take the SUV to anywhere else so we get them 3M ready before we pick up the SUV)
    Before we paid in full for the SUV we checked out the 3M and found a speck of dust under the 3M in the front bumper. being a white SUV and I do wash all my car & SUV by hand so I will see that speck of dust staring me in the face so I had them book the SUV in for a re-done of the front bumper in 2 weeks then we paid the SUV in full.
    2 weeks later I brought the SUV in to get the front bumper 3M re-done, and talk to this installer guy (forgot what his name is), but I had to face another way when talking to him because he smelled like he just got out of the drunk tank downtown (very strong alcohol smell in his breath). I waited for 30 mins and he said it was done. i came out to inspect the re-done 3M and found quite a lot of bubbles on it but he keep assurring me that they will go away after a few days and keep telling me this is an aftermarket stick on so I can not expect it to be perfect... I made him to take note all the bubbles spots and got him to agree that I will bring the SUV back if the bubble is not gone in 2 weeks time...
    2 weeks later I hand-washed my SUV and found one of the big bubble still there. Called that detail shop up and talk to this supervisor guy name Rob who told me to bring the SUV by for another re-done. This time I left the SUV there for the whole day tellign them maybe they were rushing the last re-done that why it was not good. Came by that detail shop after work to pick up my SUV and again I found 3 spot of dust and black hair under the 3M... And again I keep hearing the story of do not expect it to be perfect from that supervisor Rob, but i would not take that and made him to book it for another re-done.
    Today we dropped off the SUV at the detail shop at around 9:30am and was told that all the installer are out on the job so we had to leave the SUV there to be re-done at 2PM when their installer came back. Before we left the detail shop we and Rob came out to inspect the SUV. At around 2:15PM I got a call from Rob telling me that they is a rock chip deep into the paint of my front bumper and it scratch up and I need to come down to see it before they put the 3M back on. I thought something was fishy about this because my SUV only has 2300KM on it and had not get onto any highway because I know it is not even break-in yet. I intermediately called Rob back and tell him do not throw away the 3M because I wanted to see if the exact spot of the rock chip hit my bumper to match on the 3M and my front bumper. 15 mins later we are at the detail shop and this Rob guy showed us the rock chip which is about the size of a small flat head screw driver drive into it, and get this IT ALREADY GOT WHITE TOUCH UP PAINT TO COVER IT UP and it was not even match the color of my white SUV, it was deep enough so we can see it so clearly from far away. I asked for the old 3M and he gave me a ball of 3M who the hell can tell it was from my SUV or not. I asked where is the rock hit the 3M he said you can not see it because the 3m in a ball now. I was furious with this Rob guy when he took a freaking RAZOR BLADE to demonstrate to us how a rock chip can penetrate a 3M. i asked him what he is going to do about this now, he replied that they will refund my $899 + TAX and we can take the SUV to another shop or they can touch it up (they already tried to cover it up with white touch up paint anyway) and put the 3M back on, that when I lost it with this guy Rob for treating me like a 2 year old kids because we can see clearly that a rock can not put a that deep scratch into the font bumper like he claimed. I demanded my bumper to be replace or repair he said it never going to happen that when I am about to punch this freaking guy in the face if not for my wife pulling me back.... The he just drove my SUV and left it outside. I came out front and called the Infiniti dealership and they directed me to a General Manager in that building named Brian, came into Brian office sat down but I was so furious about that Rob altitude. Finally I got Brian to admit that some mishap did happen (he never say what but I really did not care what) and touch up the bumper is not acceptable so he will send my SUV to Calgary Coachworks in the NE to get the full front bumper re-paint and he will refund my $899 +TAX to get my 3M done by another shop

I am still not happy with my SUV front bumper being removed at 2500KM that detail shop monkey business but my wife told me to take it and get it done and over with so I left... Right now i am booked to get my front bumper re-painted in Oct. Will need a recommend a good shop to get it front end 3M, I do not care about the price but I do care about the job quality...

STAY AWAY FROM THE HYATT INFINITI DETAIL SHOP if you buy car from HYATT Infiniti as for me was bringing the SUV back 3 times and front bumper got scratch and my SUV lost her virginity and trust me the monkey in the jungle can do better job than this shop....

My Ride
    Axis powers

use the enter key, stopped reading after the first 3 sentences

My Ride
    is Invisible

Wall of text

My eyes fucking hurt and not only that, my brain as well.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I've read that entire story, twice, to fully understand what happened, and the only thing they did poorly... was charge you so much for those kits. That's crazy high. But it's a dealership, should be expected.

As for the hairs and specs of dirt. I hope you take this to heart, but it's nearly a physical impossibility to have an application be 100% dirt/debris free. The environments where they apply the 3M are not vacuum sealed filtered rooms. There is dust in the air and it will get trapped in the adhesive. Installers do their absolute best to limit this as best they can, but we always tell everyone to expect some sort of imperfection. White vehicles are always the worst because the show every flaw.

As for the rock chip, 3M doesn't cover ever square inch of the painted surfaces on the bumpers, there are corners and edges and places the 3M can't reach. You likely got that yourself after taking delivery of the car or perhaps when they shipped it for you from another dealership and they were courteous in trying to fill it for you. It's unreasonable to believe they would repaint the whole bumper for one rock chip.

They went above and beyond by replacing the 3M numerous times for "one spec of dirt" then by not charging you for the application at all.

I think if you talk to any 3M installer they will unanimously agree and tell you to accept a small amount of imperfection.

I hope you weren't to rash when dealing with them over this as it sounds to me like they were very courteous and tried to please you several times.
    Last edited by inline6turbo; 09-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

Thanks Renee.

Sounds like the OP is just one of those anal customers. Like the dude who got a chip on the caliper of his Hyundai
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

+1 with Renee, at least they agreed to pay for repainting your bumper and giving you your money back for the 3M. But your paint will never be exactly the same as your factory paint.
    Insurance Pro

I dunno, I'd be pretty pissed too if I just bought a brand new white car with $900 3m, and there were flaws in it.

I'm on the fence with this, for the price he paid it should have been done right and satisfactory the first time. Then again, maybe the OP was just being really anal about the "imperfections" - well at least they gave him a refund and the bumper is getting fixed.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Hyatt agreed to repaint your bumper over a rock chip and give you your money back? Hell has frozen over.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    is Turbocharged.

You had them replace the 3m because of a spec of dust? have you really got nothing better to worry about?

My Ride
    2001 &2003 TOYOTA Soarer Convertible

Let see how you people think I am annal think
    When you paid in full $60000+ from your hard earned money for a brandnew suv
    And have a hair, dust, bubles under your freshly installed 3M. And yes being a white color suv the imperfect shows clearly when I looked at the bumper all 3 times._
    Then they had mark on your front bumper at 2300 km... Then tried to cover up with white touch up paint before even informed you of the chip._
    They only agree to get my bumper re-paint after _general manager Brian admitted it was not a rock chip and mishap did happen._
    I am sure you will be annal about it as well.
    I only share my bad experience with that shop. It is your choice to pay your money to have monkeys work on your car for any kind of services...

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I'm with inline6turbo on this one.

Why would you even put that 3M shit on a new SUV? It's going to look like ass in a few years when its all faded.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Originally posted by SRT
    Why would you even put that 3M shit on a new SUV? It's going to look like ass in a few years when its all faded.
    maybe you should look up why people put 3m on their cars.....
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Originally posted by SRT
    This isn't 1998, you know? Technology changes...

As for the OP, you sound frakking annoying.

I lawled at veyy and annal

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

personally, I agree with the OP.

When I pay for something, I expect it to be done right the first time.

When I provide a service to someone, I make sure I do it right.

What Renee has said makes sense though. Depending on the size of the "spec" it might just be unavoidable.

However, for the price paid for the 3M, I would be pissed as well.

Having said all that, the dealership is shady as fuck for trying to cover up their mishap by claiming it was a rock chip.

to Hyatt
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I'd agree with the OP if they hadn't have apparently bent over backwards to try to make it right.

But they clearly made EVERY effort to try to satisfy you as a customer, and then when it became clear that they couldn't do that they gave you your money back and sent you on your way with an apology and a we'll do our best to fix it, and even after all that you still felt the need to come on here and bash them for their efforts.

You're one of those customers that isn't going to be happy no matter what they do, and even if they'd done a perfect job you'd have probably come on here to bitch about the price.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

How is that a bad experience, you end up paying nothing in the end and you rape them for 30+ hours of labour and hundreds of dollars of supplies.

You don't drive a ferrari, you drive a Nissan SUV
    If you're really concerned about dust under a temporary plastic cover, just wait until yo drive it in the winter in calgary.

Next spring when you had wash it after the winter, video tape yourself so that we can all watch the foam start to pour out of your mouth.

You sound like a spoiled child that cannot control their temper in public and address people with respect.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast