Quantcast
Flames Season Ticket Holder - Jason Fillion scams me out of $3K+ - BEYOND CSI HELP - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Flames Season Ticket Holder - Jason Fillion scams me out of $3K+ - BEYOND CSI HELP

My Ride
    08 550i 6mt

Default Flames Season Ticket Holder - Jason Fillion scams me out of $3K+ - BEYOND CSI HELP

Hi everyone - Just thought I would share a little ordeal I had have to deal with over the past few weeks and was wondering what my next steps should be. I apologize in advance if this is a little long winded...

Back in March, I had answered an ad on Kijiji for Flames Season tickets for the upcoming year. Normally I am very skeptical of most ads on there, but as it turns out, I had dealt with this guy before when I had purchased a few pairs off of him in 2008. I had met him in person at his office in Kensington and he seemed to be legit as at the time he was a mortgage broker. I had also talked to his wife at the time and as it turned out the tickets were legit and I didn't have any problems.

So... fast forward to this past March and Jason agreed to sell me the full season for $6,500. The seats were in Section 213 Row 22 so I thought it was a decent price. He wanted half of the amount upfront ($3,250) which I thought was reasonable, given that was when the first payment was due to the Flames for renewal according to some of my friends that have season tickets. He seemed to be in a huge rush to get the cash off of me which should have been a warning sign at the time, but again, given my dealings with him before I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I got him to sign an agreement and I paid via check which was cashed right away.

Starting about a month ago, I sent him an email asking if he had the tickets in yet with no response. I tried calling both his cell and office numbers, both of which were disconnected which was the first thing that started to get me worried. I was able to track down a home number from an old email back in 2008 and was relieved to find it was still active. I left several voicemail messages over the next week or so and even talked to his kids a couple of times... each time I was told that both Jason and his wife were not home.

The week before the preseason was about to begin... I tried calling again on a Saturday afternoon, but this time I used my girlfriend's cell and lo and behold he answers! He tells me that he was meaning to call me but has been really busy with work... I ask him if he has the tickets and he replies no... then he says that he has company over and he will call me back at 7pm that evening... of course...I never received a call. I continued to call and leave voicemails and emailed both him and his wife and still no response.

Last week after three weeks of not being able to get a hold of either of them and the first preseason game just around the corner, I begin to realize that I am officially being scammed. I tried calling the Flames sales office to see if they could give me any information but they said they can't because of Canadian privacy laws.... they say the only way they can give info if the cops get involved. ..so I call the cops and surprising enough, they can charge him with fraud so they took a report, but who knows how long that will take and whether I will ever see anything from it.

So, now I'm out $3,250 and dont' really know what my next steps should be. Who knows if he did this to others or if it was just me. It wasn't exactly a sophisticated fraud given I paid him by check and he signed an agreement so there is definitely a paper trail, especially given I know that they were his season tickets in the past! I have found 3 different potential home addresses online for him all in the South, but who knows if he actually still lives at any of these addresses. At this point, I don't even care about the tickets... I just want my cash back.

Here's the information I have on him:
    Name - Jason Fillion
    Wife - Lanie Fillion
    Former employer - mortgage broker - Mortgage Alliance
    Current employer - President, Lucrative Timing - well most current I have
    Vehicle - Silver/Grey Nissan Armada - what he was driving when I paid him in March

I know hindsight is 20/20, but I always got a bit of a bad vibe off this guy. He was always talking a big game. He even actually called me out of the blue a couple of times after not having talked to him the first time after a year trying to get me to invest in this or that and that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity blah blah blah.

I guess the lesson learned from this is to trust my own intuition.. I'm still hoping that I can get this cash back somehow...just not sure how... if he claims to be the entrepreneur/institutional investor that he is...surely, anyone trying to google him will come across this thread and steer clear.

If anyone else has any suggestions on what to do next, they would be more than welcome!
    Last edited by habshabs; 10-14-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Same guy I wonder?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...icle828019.ece

"Jason Fillion knows he isn't an ideal loan customer for a bank or any other old-school financial institution. Back in 2000, his computer store in Enderby, B.C., went belly up, leaving $48,000 in unpaid debts...."
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Same guy I wonder?

"Jason Fillion knows he isn't an ideal loan customer for a bank or any other old-school financial institution. Back in 2000, his computer store in Enderby, B.C., went belly up, leaving $48,000 in unpaid debts...."
    Was just going to post that.

http://whois.domaintools.com/jasonfillion.com

My Ride
    08 550i 6mt

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Same guy I wonder?

I know he said he was originally from BC and had only been out in Calgary for a few yrs...so that would make sense..

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Last edited by cam_wmh; 09-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

oh this will be interesting
    op hopefully you can get your $ back from this dbag

My Ride
    2000 323i

Is it his name on the season tickets? I'm not sure if it'll help you immediately, but I'd e-mail the Flames as well (Ken King directly if you can)
    Mike

What a piece of trash his wife is.

To scam someone over 3k really...u have no soul.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    08 550i 6mt

Originally posted by Nissanaddict
    Is it his name on the season tickets? I'm not sure if it'll help you immediately, but I'd e-mail the Flames as well (Ken King directly if you can)
    I never saw whether the ticket booklet was under his name or his wifes but I assume it was one of them.. calling the Flames was no help... I guess I could try emailing him.

That facebook link is actually him... he looks pretty tough in the pic, but in reality, he's a pretty small guy

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Do you know his address? If you have his home number that should help to find it.

Originally posted by habshabs

I never saw whether the ticket booklet was under his name or his wifes but I assume it was one of them.. calling the Flames was no help... I guess I could try emailing him.

That facebook link is actually him... he looks pretty tough in the pic, but in reality, he's a pretty small guy
    Go into the police station (fraud dept I think its the one by the winter club but 100% sure) and they will go with you to pay a visit at the scammers place.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    Has four wheels

You could even call the 'consumer alert' reporter at CTV Calgary!

My Ride
    is Invisible

I dont understand ur logic!

You seem to have found out 3 potential address's, i aint sure why you aint camping outside the place seeing if he actually lives there.

My Ride
    Model S

Haha, if his title is "President", he does not have an employer. When people like him, and Sean Banerjee, and Pete Danihel (pr0) are unemployed, they dream up a bogus company, call themselves the president of it, and try to either sell snake oil or just outright scam people. That's why you got a cold call from him.

They owe so many people so much money that as soon as you give them some, they'll use it to get another guy off their back and worry about you later (never).

He probably does not have the tickets, otherwise he would be desperate for the other half of your money.

There is one way you might get your money back, and that is if you scare him badly enough that paying you to go away will hurt him less than holding off on paying someone else. For that to work though, he has to have some way of getting that much in the first place.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

This is the wife of the person in question.

OP, I'm able to help with this in terms of reconnaissance and possibly collection attempts, provided there is strict adherence to the law.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Why haven't you shown up at the adresses with multiple people? Sat on the front lawn...rang the doorbell for 45mins straight and not leave until he comes to the door....show up at his work and cause a huge shitshow...etc etc etc.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Why not call the Nissan dealers in town and pretend to be Jason Fillion, say you have moved and ask what the address on file is and last time you got an oil change, it may give you an idea of the address and how recent it is.

Looks liek he's has some Seadoo's for sale too.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 11 ... LastLast