Quantcast
Cars with good stock audio systems? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars with good stock audio systems?

Default Cars with good stock audio systems?

With the prospect of paying $45k/year or more for tuition in the near future and a pending sale on my car resulting from that, I've been on the lookout for something to fill in for the next 10 months I need a vehicle for.

For me the audio system is a huge factor when I'm looking at a vehicle. If the head unit can't be easily replaced, and can't even read MP3 CDs or take a non-iPod aux input, it's a huge strike against it. I'm OK with putting an amp/sub in myself to balance it out, but I would really like to avoid it.

So with that said, what are some decent and inexpensive sedans (within the past 4~5 years or so) in the $25,000 and under range with good audio systems?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

any bmw with the basic or premium sound package is pretty damn good IMO. the mazda3's with the upgraded bose system are pretty good too

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Avoid anything that has a Bose system if you care about sound quality. Pain in the ass to take out and don't sound good. I have one with my G and well, it works. We'll say that much.

What would be the problem with getting a modest car like a civic and putting in a system yourself? Or trying to avoid installation?

As dorky as it sounds, my mom's 2008 CRV with the premium package has a sound system that blows mine out of the water. I really like that SUV actually.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

My xterra has a rockford fosgate upgrade...it has subs under the seats! Lol. It sounds pretty good imo.

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

All the Lexus cars have really good quality audio systems
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride
    4g63 powered

Just buy a car with a base sound system and swap them out to you something you like.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

The tiburons have a really easy deck to replace. you can probably sway a deck within 30 mins, if you have a slight wiring harness ability. and the hardest part of the install is the wiring, which is pretty simple

If someone was to budget for a decent sounding system swap i.e. head unit, amps, subs and replace existing components, how much should be set aside?

I'd say we are not talking like car show quality, but would be better than any factory upgrade. i.e. for the everyday person to enjoy tunes in their car.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

800 to 1200 will get you a decent set up

^^ Sorry, forgot to ask if that includes or does not include install and what are we talking about roughly for a professional job.

Yes, yes, some people can do it themselves but for arguments sake, let's throw out some numbers.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Your priorities are all wrong - as a student.

Buy a good reliable vehicle and THEN install a good custom system.

My Ride
    BB6 | E60

Audi factory stereo's are pretty solid

Thanks for the ideas everyone who threw some stuff out there! Much appreciated.

And to clarify, I'm trying to avoid having to put in aftermarket speakers or even a head unit where possible just because I don't want to do it.

I've put in aftermarket head units and speakers in all of my cars (except the A4), but just don't really want to do it for this next car since I know I won't be keeping it for long... And I'm not picky by any means. Just some of my previous cars (when I was a super cheap undergrad student) had some horrible speakers.

Originally posted by nixrx8
    Audi factory stereo's are pretty solid
    I quite like my '09 A4's premium (not B&O) speakers.
    However, I don't think I would get an Audi prior to 2009. Really don't like the interior of any of the sedans that would be around 25k or under.
    Last edited by Pahnda; 09-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Originally posted by msommers
    Avoid anything that has a Bose system if you care about sound quality. Pain in the ass to take out and don't sound good. I have one with my G and well, it works. We'll say that much.

What would be the problem with getting a modest car like a civic and putting in a system yourself? Or trying to avoid installation?

As dorky as it sounds, my mom's 2008 CRV with the premium package has a sound system that blows mine out of the water. I really like that SUV actually.
    So true, the Bose system in the G is mehhhh

My parents' FJ Cruiser has a way better system.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Any Nissan product with the Rockford Fosgate upgrades are FANTASTIC systems. I had one in my 2003 Nissan Maxima and another in a 2006 Frontier LE. They come from factory with a sub built in. They sound better than many $1000 aftermarket systems.

If you are looking for decent quality sedan with a good factory sound system look for a 2002 or 2003 Maxima SE.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

+1 on nissans rockford fosgate systems, had one in my sentra and it was noticably better then my parents acura mdx.

Buy a quiet car then upgrade the sound system. Personally I think it's pointless to have a nice audio system if it's going to get muffled by road noise.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by jjmac

So true, the Bose system in the G is mehhhh

My parents' FJ Cruiser has a way better system.
    The Bose system in my old RX8 was not that great either. The one in my Lexus is nice and I didn't even get the Mark Levinson model.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Any Nissan product with the Rockford Fosgate upgrades are FANTASTIC systems...
    Originally posted by 93VR6
    +1 on nissans rockford fosgate systems, had one in my sentra and it was noticably better then my parents acura mdx.
    That's good to hear... I was considering going with an Altima, but I can't find much info about their sound system. And the current one when you build it on Nissan's website makes no mention to any sound upgrades let alone a rockford fosgate branded system... Is it the black sheep of the bunch?

Maybe I'll go check out the maxima, altima and sentra and see what I think is best for the money they're going for.

Sound isolation is a fairly big deal to me, and interior quality, so I'm thinking the Sentra will probably fall out of favour quickly. A couple other features that are nearly must haves are proximity entry/start and bluetooth... But I don't want this to turn into a "what should I buy" thread so I'll try to keep it just on the audio.

Edit: The Altima uses bose apparently
    Last edited by Pahnda; 09-28-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Personally, I think Lexus has the best stock sound systems around.
    Bay Area Dreamin'
    Cruisin' in Cowtown
    10' IS F

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast