Quantcast
Parking Tickets at UofC - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking Tickets at UofC

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

Default Parking Tickets at UofC

So I've received mixed news about this topic, and just wanted to create a thread to clear this up.

As we all know, the UofC has parking authority to enforce parking by giving "fines" to students. On the back of your fine it says that failure to pay may result in withholding on university graduation or something along those lines

My question is that since we never registered our car with the University, how would they know who drives the car?
    has anyone tried to simply not pay the fine and see what happens?
    anyone ever had their car towed from campus? if so, what did you do?

I've heard stories of people having multiple (like 10+) tickets and never paying them off, and nothing happens and they graduate from the university and go away

I've also heard other stories that people have had their student center have a "hold" placed in regards to registering for courses for the following year, or stories about having to go register a different license plate for their car because parking authority said that the car was no longer allowed on campus, and if seen would be towed.

On that note, I would also like to see how many days someone could go without paying for parking, and see if the total amount of tickets you get costs less than the total amount on fines, as i know that I've gotten away a couple times with not paying for parking for the day that i'm there
    Last edited by rockwolf2001; 09-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

hmm, this has some insight, but its like a year old...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/266569/un...et-transcript/

any new updates to policy or changes to anything?

I have probably over $1000 worth of parking tickets from U of C. I registered for classes and graduated with no problems at all.

3 years ago I got a letter saying one of our cars had $1600 in tickets. I couldnt even guess what that number is at now. As long as the car is not under your name you are fine. Even if it is under your name you have a 50-50 chance of them putting a hold on ur student center.

Will they tow you if you're a repeat offender?

ive seen cars towed..but its been a long time since

Also it was being towed out of art parkade believe it or not. Just try to park somewhere tight so that tow trucks wont attempt towing it. I have 300 bucks outstanding and I dont plan on paying them a penny
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

my car is registered under my name, and I've never had any problems.

My Ride
    04 G35

Yea, I wouldn't worry too much about it, what you can also do haha, is if you do get a ticket, park in that same lot the next time and just stick the ticket on your windshield. Worst that could happen is you'll get another ticket, but unless you've got a pretty distinct car, they'll probably just glance over it and be like oh, already ticketed this guy
    If I had a nickel for every time someone said that, I'd have a nickel.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Originally posted by rob.cal
    Yea, I wouldn't worry too much about it, what you can also do haha, is if you do get a ticket, park in that same lot the next time and just stick the ticket on your windshield. Worst that could happen is you'll get another ticket, but unless you've got a pretty distinct car, they'll probably just glance over it and be like oh, already ticketed this guy
    I doubt that would work. they would probably tow your ass for having multiple tickets on your car
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by buh_buh
    my car is registered under my name, and I've never had any problems.
    I think they can only with hold if its registered in your name and you have a U of C issued parking pass in your name.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by buh_buh
    I have probably over $1000 worth of parking tickets from U of C. I registered for classes and graduated with no problems at all.
    You graduated? lol

anyways, same deal here, i never pay for parking @ the U of C.
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride

I got a U of C ticket on June 12, I paid for the whole day since one of my cars was in the Driven car show, and decided to take my brothers truck, anyway they gave me a ticket for not leaving the parking card on the dashboard, which was a bunch of bs, so I decided to challenge it and well I'm still waiting for an answer lol, I asked the parking office lady how long did it usually take to get an answer, she kind of laught and said it was going to take a few months.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

What do you guys think would happen if you didn't pay with a loaner car that you have while your car is getting repaired?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

yah my car was never registered under my name, i actually used to park for "free" quite often racked up the fines big time.

I found it cheaper and easier to change my license plate then pay the fines.
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    '09 Mazda 3

why dont you stop being a jew and just buy a parking pass.

My Ride
    Slow Injected

It doesn't affect your credit if you don't pay?

My Ride
    Acura RSX Premium

Originally posted by jmintz
    why dont you stop being a jew and just buy a parking pass.
    Because the University rips us out of enough money as it is, might as well find any way possible to get some of it back
    thanks for contributing to the tread

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
    ive seen cars towed..but its been a long time since

Also it was being towed out of art parkade believe it or not. Just try to park somewhere tight so that tow trucks wont attempt towing it. I have 300 bucks outstanding and I dont plan on paying them a penny
    I wonder if it's because they snuck in, or because they had withstanding tickets?

I tend to use Art Parkade these days because I'm worried about getting towed from my ridiculous debt. It would totally suck if I was towed out of there lol..

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

So I got a notice for an unpaid ticket. They gave me 30 days and if I don't pay $50 they can tow me apparently. So as long as I pay when I'm there now I should be fine right? I doubt they check license plates unless they haven't paid...

My Ride
    WRX STI

I was parked in the underground parkade today, with a fully visible pass right on my table sized dashboard, and got a fine with a code 15.12. Says my parking rights have been suspended. I do have an outstanding ticket from June.
    What worries me is that some asshole actually took the time to lookup my plate even though i had my pass displayed.

Should i just ignore it, or should i just get a new plate.
    And another question, if I wanted to cancel my old plate and get a new one, would i have to pay for outstanding u of c, impark, and vinci fines?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast