Quantcast
bullying in schools - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: bullying in schools

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Default bullying in schools

my daughter is in grade 4 and has been getting bullyed by a boy she has been threatened had her head smashed into a steel door frame lunch stolen, kicked, beat up. spoke with the principal and she said use your words tell him NO! tell a teacher or whom ever is supervising, oh yeah and shes going to pull my daughter out of class for lunch...i said i disagree with that why should she be the one pulled out she says they can take turns and if we feel that strongly about it we can look at other schools.......now at this point im fucking fuming mad but keeeping my cool which is keeping my mouth shut so i ask where do we go from here................she says what are you expecting from us to expell him or suspend him .......all im thinking is beat the living piss out of his dad

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

If it was my daughter I would do absolutely everything in my power to protect her.

It would not get passed threats before I removed her from that school and enrolled in a new one.
    There would be no questions asked.

I would not sit around planning out a new school, that same day she would be out of school that instant and not to return again. Then planning can be made for another school, none of this pondering bs while your daughter gets abused.

Absolutely ANYTHING in my power to protect her.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 10-01-2010 at 09:51 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I was going to trash your post, but bullying is pretty serious. Tell the principal that yes, you would like to have the kid suspended.

Ask her what their tolerance level is when it come to bullying/uttering threats/etc. She will say zero.

My Ride
    08 GTI 6MT RS

Definatley find out who the parents are and notify them. If nothing else, contact the media. Then you'll see results.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

all this anti bullying in schools is a load of crap it seems like

also the whole switch schools thing i disagree with the running away thing....

My Ride
    08 GTI 6MT RS

Or you could pay a bigger kid to bully the bully.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Originally posted by syeve
    I was going to trash your post, but bullying is pretty serious. Tell the principal that yes, you would like to have the kid suspended.

Ask her what their tolerance level is when it come to bullying/uttering threats/etc. She will say zero.
    she basically said there kids

Enroll your daughter in kickboxing. Instead of flight teach her to fight.

Bullying is a serious problem but i think its because of the way kids are being raised. Back in my young years you were bullied untill you stood up for yourself. Then the bully moved on to someone weaker.

This little piss stain will leave her alone if he gets kicked in the pills next time. Sure your daughter may face a suspension but i would rather have my kid stand up for his/her self and learn a valuable life lesson then to spend the rest of their life being taught to fold.

My two pence of course...

My Ride
    1996 del sol

if there is another incident i will definately speak with his parents or parent

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by 4bier
    I wish I could show you how incorrect your thinking is in this area.

It seems to me that you are putting your own ego ahead of your daughters personal safety.

What if something really does happen and she gets her head bashed in at school, how are you going to feel knowing all you had to do was pull her from this dangerous environment?

How are you going to feel knowing you put your own anxiety ahead of an actual tangible danger?

In the pro/con realm I think you are putting your own inconvenience ahead of your daughters physical health and well being.
    I might even consider this neglect and I think you should also be held responsible for what happens if you choose to leave her in this situation.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 10-01-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

all this anti bullying in schools is a load of crap it seems like

I wouldn't uproot your daughter either, some coping skills can be learned from a bully. Bully's are generally bullyed at home, so really the parents need to be contacted.

In my opinion the school should take it as seriously as you do. Make an appointment with the principal and express your concern in a formal setting (not over the phone/email/etc). You will get results, if not contact the school super.

This will likely lead to nothing. 9 times out of 10 bullies are a product of thier environment.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Originally posted by spike98
    Enroll your daughter in kickboxing. Instead of flight teach her to fight.

Bullying is a serious problem but i think its because of the way kids are being raised. Back in my young years you were bullied untill you stood up for yourself. Then the bully moved on to someone weaker.

This little piss stain will leave her alone if he gets kicked in the pills next time. Sure your daughter may face a suspension but i would rather have my kid stand up for his/her self and learn a valuable life lesson then to spend the rest of their life being taught to fold.

My two pence of course...
    yeah but boys never beat up girls it like an unwritten rule if i ever hit a girl my dad would have beaten the ever living piss out of me

yeah but boys never beat up girls it like an unwritten rule if i ever hit a girl my dad would have beaten the ever living piss out of me
    Right, back then it was an unwritten rule. Now not so much. Which is an even better reason to teach her that she has the right to defend herself if need be and she should have the tools to do so if nessesary.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Seriously, get the cops involved. A lot of people here will call you a bitch for doing it but with the schools stance on this it is the only choice you have. This kind of thing can and will have lasting effects if it is allowed to continue. Document everything; bullying instances, conversations with the school, what happened and who you talked to.

I'm really not too surprised that the school boards stance on this has not changed one bit from years ago when it was happening to me. Their opinion will always be that children could never do such things, the child being bullied is encouraging it or overreacting and that kids will be kids.

OP; I'm not going to throw up a massive multipage post on the subject, but if you want to PM me, feel free to do so.

Syeve; the school really doesn't care and won't until the real authorities get involved and even then they will drag their feet and lie.
    Last edited by FraserB; 10-01-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Shouldn't the useless school be doing this ? and suspending the little fucker for being a shit head?

isn't the school obligated to provide a safe learning environment?

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Originally posted by Modelexis

I wish I could show you how incorrect your thinking is in this area.

It seems to me that you are putting your own ego ahead of your daughters personal safety.

What if something really does happen and she gets her head bashed in at school, how are you going to feel knowing all you had to do was pull her from this dangerous environment?

How are you going to feel knowing you put your own anxiety ahead of an actual tangible danger?

In the pro/con realm I think you are putting your own inconvenience ahead of your daughters physical health and well being.
    I might even consider this neglect and I think you should also be held responsible for what happens if you choose to leave her in this situation.
    sorry but what happens if you pull her out of school and she still get her head bashed in somewhere else

Originally posted by syeve

I wouldn't uproot your daughter either, some coping skills can be learned from a bully. Bully's are generally bullyed at home, so really the parents need to be contacted.

In my opinion the school should take it as seriously as you do. Make an appointment with the principal and express your concern in a formal setting (not over the phone/email/etc). You will get results, if not contact the school super.
    Agreed 100%. If the school doesn't want to actively do their job then you need to MAKE them do their job; go over the principles head if needed, super, the media, etc.

My Ride
    08 GTI 6MT RS

There must be a higher power then the principal. It's true they won't really care unless you drag them over the coals.

-Have someone call the school pretending to be a reporter, and that a parent contacted them about a case of bullying that was brushed aside.

I was bullyed too when I was in school, it has an effect that is hard to overcome until you're older. I still have a hatred for some people, however Karma is a bitch!

Nowadays, I'll go down in a blaze of glory before I take any shit, purely based on principle.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Phenix

Shouldn't the useless school be doing this ? and suspending the little fucker for being a shit head?

isn't the school obligated to provide a safe learning environment?
    They should be and they are.

The simple fact is that the school does not want to acknowledge that this is happening, they will use any and every excuse to avoid dealing with it.

The solution they loved to use was something they called "peer to peer community counselling". Basically the sit both kids and their parents dow, talk about the causes and make up BS solutions. The bully then goes back to school pissed off, the school administration has "solved" the issue and the child is bullied more for causing problems for the bully.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast