Quantcast
How much do you study? (students) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much do you study? (excluding in-class hours)

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never, just wing it...

8 6.45%
  • Only if i have a test/paper to do soon/the next day

71 57.26%
  • 1-2 hours/day

25 20.16%
  • 3-5 hours/day

17 13.71%
  • I dont do anything but study during the semester

3 2.42%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much do you study? (students)

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Default How much do you study? (students)

I saw an article in the herald today, and thought damn.... On average, im pretty sure grade 12 students study more than i do in 3rd year at mt royal (im not a C student either... B, B+)...

Anyways, how much do you study on average?

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Really depends on your degree program and what type of grades you're looking to achieve.

If it's a 3.5+ GPA in an engineering degree, most need to spend a lot more time studying than for someone just trying to pass their certificate program.

My Ride
    95 eg coupe

i am always doing a couple hours a night at the very least even just going over notes again

My Ride
    GTI

I hardly study, last degree I'd study a couple hours the night before, then go over my notes quickly in the morning before the test, I did really well.

I'm in CompSci now, we'll see if I can change my habits, or if I need to.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Maybe half an hour for each test.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

My buddy in bio sciences has to study a shit load, but myself being in 1st year of a BComm at UofC haven't really had to spend all that much time studying, maybe a little more than grade 12, but I didn't do ANYTHING in grade 12.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Hakkola
    I hardly study, last degree I'd study a couple hours the night before, then go over my notes quickly in the morning before the test, I did really well.

I'm in CompSci now, we'll see if I can change my habits, or if I need to.
    ahaha... YES!
    This is me to a 'T'.

The herald said kids in grade 12 on average study 80mins/day!!!
    Thats a whole lotta BS from what i remember highschool being like!

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

I barely study, never go over the notes before classes and never read notes after the classes at night. Basically just if I got something due or a test. Rarely do I study the night before the test too, usually just throw open the textbook 2 hours before the test or something. Pretty sure I studied more in high school.

But I'm in Business with a Marketing major at the U of L so it's easy town haha.

My Ride
    4g63 powered

just listen to whatever the teacher says, do my work and call it good.

Hardly ever.. I'm an accounting major at U of C. School started on the 13th of Sept and I still haven't opened a book. So sick of school..

I am Bcom Program at the U of A since I am already in all I have to do is maintain my 2.0 average. I didn't really have a problem getting a 3.4 to get in, and have been maintaining my 3.0 quite easily. I do not do any reading, studying for exams never starts more than a couple days before the exam etc. But I do goto pretty well every class and pay attention, I do my homework, and with group projects I keep ontrack with the group charter.

Right now I have 4 classes
    Accounting, Organizational Management, Information Systems, and writing for Business. I have 1 lab, 2 group projects and 2 papers. I haven't started the papers yet, and usually complete my lab in class which leaves 2 group projects which I allot 1 hour a week each to.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

study less than in high school and am doing better since i can pick my courses.

My Ride
    TL

This thread is gonna be worse than a "who has the biggest dick thread" . Kids lie all the time about how much they study to look cool

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by dandia89
    This thread is gonna be worse than a "who has the biggest dick thread" . Kids lie all the time about how much they study to look cool

I remember back when I was in bio and everyone thought it was important to try to throw off the "competition", a lot of kids would talk about how little they needed to study... surprisingly enough, you'd run into them at the library on a weekend, spending all day with their nose in a book.

Originally posted by dandia89
    I'm actually quite depressed that I procrastinate so much. Opening a book feels so difficult.

During my undergrad, i would turn in all papers and assignment, and study the day before tests. I spent FAR MORE time getting high, drinking, and playing video games than I did studying. Graduated Cum Laude with a 3.7 in the sciences.

I think people who spend all of their time studying just don't understand how to study.

It's pretty hard to average out how much I did on a per-day basis. But if you include homework, probably at least a couple hours considering all the assignments and crap in engineering. If you don't include homework/assignments, I have no idea. I would have periods of no tests for a week or so, and not much studying, just finishing stuff on time, then periods of like a test a day where I would hermit and study a few hours a day.

To some it would seem like a lot of studying, but that's what you've gotta do if you want to go into Law while doing undergrad in engineering. I would say it paid off and I don't regret it finishing with a 3.92 LSDAS GPA.

LOL high school workload? yeah right, i literally had never done homework by the time i got into uni

however maybe i have poor work ethic

anyway i know a lot of kids in eng and similar streams and they study their ass off, hats off to anyone in eng especially, sounds pretty taxing

Study the night before the test....do a nice like 6hour study period before midterms and final the night before, read all notes and textbook. Seems to work for me but I dread those fucking days I have to read for 6 hours.

Oh and I'm at U of C business. School isn't that hard if you go to class and participate in lecture/take notes. Studying isn't required really in most programs.

My Ride
    Rude

First year bio sci uofc
    I try to study a good 2 hours a night on weekdays and 4 on weekends. You could call me a keener, but hey, nothing like annihilating lab tests and term exams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast