Quantcast
Alberta Drivers Fail - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta Drivers Fail

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by Thaco
    some of them are bullshit, like this one i got wrong, thay're both essentially the same thing
    Your first wrong one was a trick question, bro. I got the same one, but I got it right. Yeah, its sneaky, but its obvious which one is correct.

If you said 'D' for the school zone one, that question is bullshit, and you're right. In Calgary, they're all 8AM to 5PM, or at least the ones I've driven through are.

Originally posted by GoChris
    I think it's the second car to arrive, because traffic was still crossing the intersection. Had no other cars passed by, the first one there gets to go. However if after you both stop, a vehicle goes by, it resets and the one going straight has the right away. That's my guess anyway. I seem to remember something about that.
    Hmm...good point. That does seem logical, but just for argument's sake, I'll stick with my answer.

It doesn't matter which one of us is right though...Calgary drivers are still a hazard to everyone around them!
    Last edited by Stealth22; 10-05-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Originally posted by GoChris

I think it's the second car to arrive, because traffic was still crossing the intersection. Had no other cars passed by, the first one there gets to go. However if after you both stop, a vehicle goes by, it resets and the one going straight has the right away. That's my guess anyway. I seem to remember something about that.
    It can't be the one going straight has the right away. Both have stop signs, the one stopped first goes first.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Feruk
    25/30. Did you guys know that visually ensuring that all your lights and turn signals work is a required part of your "pre-trip check EVERY time you drive?"

Here's a question for you that made me realize a lot of people can't drive out there; a few of my friends got it wrong when I asked them. Say you're at an intersection, you and the guy across have a stop. He's turning left and gets there FIRST, you're going straight and get there SECOND. You've both come to a complete stop and 5 seconds later traffic from the directions with no stop all passes. Who goes first?
    The guy going straight!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by mucat

It can't be the one going straight has the right away. Both have stop signs, the one stopped first goes first.
    Lol... try it and see what happens in court when you collide and his neck hurts

My Ride
    2000 323i

While I got 25, I realized one I got wrong right away as I didn't read the "all of the above" option, so I just picked the first right one (but caught it after I hit next). Thought the driver was responsible for making sure it was mechanically ok (nobody ever drives my car though, and I keep mine fine mechanically, so yeah). School zone one I got wrong cuz I thought it changed since I got my license (which it didn't). Then the hands on the steering wheel...while I've heard both, I've NEVER heard 10 & 2 in Canada....so I'm right they're wrong? I got all the important bits right.

By the way Toma, yeah, if you collide and his neck hurts. I'll exercise my right of way, but if they force it, I'll also stop for that very reason.
    Mike

Originally posted by Toma

Lol... try it and see what happens in court when you collide and his neck hurts
    Do you have any info about this? I don't mind if I am wrong, I do want to know.

Also, some people do not use signal light at all...or they use it wrong...want to turn right but signal left, going straight but signal, etc. It is not a very clear rule if it is depending on someone's signal light.

23/30

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by Stealth22
    Your first wrong one was a trick question, bro. I got the same one, but I got it right. Yeah, its sneaky, but its obvious which one is correct.

If you said 'D' for the school zone one, that question is bullshit, and you're right. In Calgary, they're all 8AM to 5PM, or at least the ones I've driven through are.

Hmm...good point. That does seem logical, but just for argument's sake, I'll stick with my answer.

It doesn't matter which one of us is right though...Calgary drivers are still a hazard to everyone around them!
    That's a playground zone Broskie, they want a school zone. They're different.
    Question: One of the zones, school or playground just switched so it now starts at 730AM... Which one?

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

School Zones. You can see the 7:30 pasted overtop where the 8 used to be.Playgrounds, the ones I've been through, still say 8:30am to 1 hour after sunset.

It's the worse when it's a playground zone and 7am on the DOT. C'mon. Example - Charleswood Dr, on the way to the Uni.

13. The safe operating condition of a motor vehicle is the responsibility of:
    A. Everyone.
    B. The mechanic and driver.
    C. The driver.
    D. The owner or operator.

Incorrect. The correct answer is: The owner or operator.
    uh. im pretty sure its C
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Has four wheels

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
    That's a playground zone Broskie, they want a school zone. They're different.
    Erm...care to explain this then?

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/kids-newdrivers_savvy.html

Originally posted by www.calgarypolice.ca
    Playground and school zones

The playground zone speed limit is 30 km/h and is in effect from 8:30 a.m. until one hour after sunset. The school zone speed limit is 30 km/h and is in effect from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every day school is in session. Remember that Calgary has schools in session all year.

Passing is prohibited in playground zones and school zones, regardless of the speed of the other vehicle and may result in a fine.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I passed 26/30

My Ride
    Grimace

29/30, got my on the school zone as I said 8-5. Looks like I am all ready for my learners test now, awesome.

My Ride
    Nothing

24/30, I fail
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

How many meters from a rail crossing? Like that makes a driver safe? An how many of you can tell if your 6 meters or 5 meters away from anything? You carry a tape measure to see if your driving safe?

My Ride
    Old Car

LOL ... I suck at 22/30 on that exam. Well, it's been too many years since I passed from Young Drivers program since. I noticed many rules had been changed and updated - learn and live.

One question surprised me that it said about what's allowed on the shoulder of the highway if necessary. I thought by answering only for vehicles with trailers towed. Incorrect, as it said is for pedestrians and bicycles!

What? I had no idea - I thought because the trailers being towed by cars tend to have higher chances of getting a flat, so owners will have to pull over to replace that flat. I see that many times on my highway trips.

BTW, I remembered that we weren't supposed to be on bicycles on highways ... I was told that it's illegal or was I wrong? Maybe I'm an old fart...

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Stealth22
    Erm...care to explain this then?

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/kids-newdrivers_savvy.html

they changed school zones a couple months back, they are now 7:30-5, however playground zones are 8:30-1 hour after sunset.
    Last edited by Thaco; 10-06-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Here's a more important question. How many Alberta drivers know how to properly merge, parallel park, back into a parking spot, realize the left lane is for passing and signal?

I got 27/30. Whoopy do. I couldn't remember the curb question, the school zone I said 8-5 and rail tracks I had no idea. Half a meter from the curb is ridiculous!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

28/30. Bombed both questions with regard to the GDL system. As for rules of the road, I'm doing good. Meh, I'll take 28/30.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I love how females fare worse than men. I guess the penalty for not knowing how to drive is cheaper insurance.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast