Quantcast
I'm a fucking idiot i cant read "was: Ric Mciver Is Evil Closing Race City" - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a fucking idiot i cant read "was: Ric Mciver Is Evil Closing Race City"

My Ride
    81 Z28

Originally posted by Thaco

actually, "Leagally" the lease is void due to a late payment on Mackenzie's part, shady for the city to terminate it on a technicality, but they have every right to do so.
    Legally, the late payment was 5+ years before any mention of the lease being canceled came up. It was forgiven by the city lease agent at the time & was never mentioned again until they started looking for an excuse to cancel the lease.

Originally posted by Thaco

actually, "Leagally" the lease is void due to a late payment on Mackenzie's part, shady for the city to terminate it on a technicality, but they have every right to do so.

Once again spreading rumors.

There was no late payments. Do you even know the payment schedules?
    Secret Street Administration
    Motorsport Council of Calgary

Personally if they let RCMP die and they are forced to move, maybe we can get a better track and attract some events again. Christ if we had MotoGP or Canadian Superbike, or Indy, or God Forbid an F1 race sometime I would spend my money there.

10 years ago when Race City HAD superbike I went once but I was fairly young so getting a ride there was difficult before I bought my car.

Point being I almost want to vote for the guy who supports closing race city but knows we need a new track elsewhere.

Just an FYI I have used the full track and mini track at race city for a few events. The only thing I havent used the full track for is a car.
    Last edited by Cos; 10-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by secretstreet

Once again spreading rumors.

There was no late payments. Do you even know the payment schedules?
    hey mr secretstreet, since you're such good buddies with art, and clearly know everything, why dont you ask him about the late payment. it DID happen, there was a verbal agreement between him and the "then" city lease agent, but the verbal agreement was never documented. (and therefore could have never really happened, he said/she said, and the lease agent doesn't work for the city anymore, so nobody will ever know the other side of the story.)

i spent the better part of my life at the track, started working/volunteering there 20 years ago and just recently stopped going once everything became private functions.

personally, i would be sad to see the track go, as i said, i spent the better part of my life there and have a lot of positive memories of the place, but IMO right now, they dont even need to re-designate the place a landfill, it's already there... went from a world class establishment under the ownership of ben doktor, to rubble, under art. The banning of tabacco sponsorships was the first nail in the coffin for that place, took away a LOT of money. Art just does not have the money to support it, and it's not self sufficient anymore, it's a liability for him, and i am surprised he has let it go this long.
    Last edited by Thaco; 10-13-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Originally posted by Cos
    Personally if they let RCMP die and they are forced to move, maybe we can get a better track and attract some events again. Christ if we had MotoGP or Canadian Superbike, or Indy, or God Forbid an F1 race sometime I would spend my money there.

10 years ago when Race City HAD superbike I went once but I was fairly young so getting a ride there was difficult before I bought my car.

Point being I almost want to vote for the guy who supports closing race city but knows we need a new track elsewhere.

Just an FYI I have used the full track and mini track at race city for a few events. The only thing I havent used the full track for is a car.
    We don't need a new track elsewhere, we need a revamped track in the current location. Where exactly do you have in mind when you say elsewhere?

Originally posted by 962 kid

We don't need a new track elsewhere, we need a revamped track in the current location. Where exactly do you have in mind when you say elsewhere?
    Honestly it COULD be re-done at the current location. To me it just needs a whole new re-fresh and fresh start. Re-paving and fixing the grandstands wont be enough and if it is extended for 10 or 20 years I dont see them tearing it down and building a great facility.

I mean look at Gilles Villeneuve or even the airport in Edmonton. Patchwork wont fix race city. It needs to be D9'd and started over.

I just think if they are FORCED to rebuild they have a better probability of rebuilding it right.

I dont have an exact location but ones I have seen through work that could be viable are:

- Calaway Park Area (I am working on a job that is hanger style garages now near there)
    - On the reserve, dont hold your breath
    - Cross Iron Area
    - Anywhere in the MD of Bighorn as they seem really good
    - Good luck with MD of Foothills
    Last edited by Cos; 10-13-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Cos

Honestly it COULD be re-done at the current location. To me it just needs a whole new re-fresh and fresh start. Re-paving and fixing the grandstands wont be enough and if it is extended for 10 or 20 years I dont see them tearing it down and building a great facility.

I mean look at Gilles Villeneuve or even the airport in Edmonton. Patchwork wont fix race city. It needs to be D9'd and started over.

I just think if they are FORCED to rebuild they have a better probability of rebuilding it right.

I dont have an exact location but ones I have seen through work that could be viable are:

- Calaway Park Area (I am working on a job that is hanger style garages now near there)
    - Cross Iron Area
    it really cant be done at the current location, it's the reason that area has been developed AROUND but not INTO, nobody wants a residential area in there... mackenzie, douglasdale, shepherd, they're already too close, the noise is an issue, it needs to be relocated to a rural area. it's half the reason for the "urban sprawl" in the SE because we're developing AROUND it... and the same people who are in favor of keeping the track, are also the ones bitching about the sprawl.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Originally posted by Cos

- Cross Iron Area

I see your point but I'm scared that it would be years before something like that happens...Unless a big company like Shell steps up and pours money into a project like that, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Probably looking at 5 to 10 millions for land and another 5 to 10 millions for a track and some facilities...
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by projekz

I see your point but I'm scared that it would be years before something like that happens...Unless a big company like Shell steps up and pours money into a project like that, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Probably looking at 5 to 10 millions for land and another 5 to 10 millions for a track and some facilities...
    I fear you are right but I also fear your numbers are no where close. Bahrain (land given by the government??) was a couple hundred million if not a billion (estimates are Bahrain is close to 3 billion USD). I dont disagree that the money is staggering. I just wish we could be less short sighted than our province appears to be (I am not talking just race track here, that is for another thread).

I am a born and raised Calgarian and would love nothing more to throw money at this city and its services. However I find that living in BC shows long range plans that Alberta has no idea for. Let alone the rest of the world that actually has 10 year plans. I doubt we even have decent 2 year plans.
    Last edited by Cos; 10-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Alberta is starting to suck even more after reading this post. Growing up in southern ontario border to the usa there was probably 8 tracks in a 3 hour radius.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    81 Z28

Originally posted by Cos

- Cross Iron Area
    The idea has been tried & VETO'D by all the local MD's, nobody want's a race track in their district, plain & simple.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by Rui M
    Alberta is starting to suck even more after reading this post. Growing up in southern ontario border to the usa there was probably 8 tracks in a 3 hour radius.
    Yeaaaa, that was great wasn't it. Too bad you had to live in Southern Ontario...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Maybe we could shut down half of Memorial all summer and use that as a 1/4 mile track. for AutoX, Sunnyside would be decent.

Oh, and excellent new title for the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by gregh

As usually, another person spouting without knowing 1/10 of the truth.

Race City's lease was valid till 2025 until Bronco Billy & some of his henchmen decided to cancel it without just cause.

Next you'll ask if the lease was valid, why didn't Race City sue?

The answer to that is, they did & the case was before the courts at the time this current extension was worked out. The case is still valid but I think the RC owner was trying to avoid a long & costly legal battle so he took a short term extension that would get him past the life of the current City council & hopefully into the next version of council(& a new mayor) that wouldn't be so tied up with Bronco's secret agendas.
    Again, if the business was truly viable and the ownership had been prudent they would have been pro-active and not reactive.

How could they not follow the terms of the lease and then expect a different result? Especially based on the "word" of some city peon.

How is building a landfill in a growing city a "secret agenda"

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I say we (Albertains) build an epicawesomeness track out at Milo!

Only an hour away, lots of land, great elevation changes, and thousands of "Queen's Land" acres that can be used.

All we need is local MP's to hop on board.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

Since the new title, I thought it was some idiot ranting about his lack of reading skills and voting for Mciver

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by D. Dub
    Again, if the business was truly viable and the ownership had been prudent they would have been pro-active and not reactive.

How could they not follow the terms of the lease and then expect a different result? Especially based on the "word" of some city peon.

How is building a landfill in a growing city a "secret agenda"
    Again where do you come up with this shit? (starting to think the thread was retitled for you)

What is proactive when you have a lease agreement that gets cancelled through bs?

Land fill run off was required in 10+ years, and the track had a good plan to allow the requirement. The whole land fill thing is just more bs to push a long standing for profit business out of business.

The tax rate increase is the same level of bs, how would you react to you home taxes going up 3000%?

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

I can read fine thank you. What I read is that the initial lease was cancelled because it either wasn't renewed on time or a payment was missed. To me that's blatant mismanagement. The city simply doesn't go around cancelling leases when the lessee meets the most basic lease terms.

Besides, in the first place, what good is a 5 year renewal term for a business that needs to make substantial and costly land improvements? You can't just pick and move the improvements. Does not seem viable to me

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

http://www.calgaryherald.com/columni...216/story.html

Me and my family are voting for Ric .....

Shawn
    ___
    Shawn
    RALLYSPORT.CA
    www.rallysport.ca

Corbella has been fawning over McIver since her Sun days, I wouldn't use her endorsment alone as a deciding factor.

The should indeed be a track in the Calgary area, but using is criteria alone to elect the next mayor seems extremely short-sighted and silly to me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast