I have for sale my Meyer Lemon tree, my Bearss Lime tree and the Metal Halide light that I have been using to grow them inside.

My wife and I are moving to a new place and we have decided that it is time to get rid of these plants as they are slowly taking over an entire room of our current house and we don't want to dedicate this kind of space to them at our new place.

I have attached pictures below of both trees. The lemon tree is approximately 3 feet tall by 3 feet across and needs to be re-potted very soon (bigger pot, as well as a change of soil are both required). The lime tree was located too near a cold window the first winter I had it and as a result it died off very badly. It dropped all of its leaves and looked completely dead for over a month until a couple of new sprouts emerged from near the very base of the tree. Since then it has recovered to be almost as large as the lemon tree, however it has not produced any fruit or flowered since this time. I do not know if it is still capable of producing fruit. Every time I ask on UBC botanicals or at local garden centers I am told to just be patient and that it will come back, but to be completely up-front, I have no idea how true that is.

For the last 18 months these 2 trees have been growing in a room which has been kept at 27-31*C, and they have been provided with between 14 and 16 hours of light every day and watered properly. The lemon tree currently has 2 fruit growing on it, both are between 1" and 1.5" in size and should be ripe in another 2 months.

I am also selling my 250W metal halide light. The bulb in it has been used for approximately 2000 hours (rated for 10000), and I am also including the bulb that came with it, which has approximately 10000 hours on it (good as a spare in case something happens to the existing one until a new one arrives). It is a horizontal-mount light which I have suspended from a chain.

I will also include a 175W metal halide pendant light which I bought locally. This light comes with a reef bulb (it was used for an aquarium) which is very very very far past the end of its useful life. It requires a new bulb before it can be used. I have 2 bulbs which I bought for it that I cannot get to work.

For all of the above, I am asking $200. Please PM me if you are interested. I will not part out the light from the rest of it.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version
click for larger version
click for larger version