Quantcast
FS: Roland MC-808 Groovebox - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: FS: Roland MC-808 Groovebox

My Ride
    A Hobo

Cool FS: Roland MC-808 Groovebox ($500)

I'm selling my rare Roland MC-808 Groove Box for $500. It comes with Manual, AC adapter, USB cable, Compact Flash Card, Software Editor, and 1 GB of upgraded memory. (All it's upgrades are maxed out)

I'm the original owner of this unit and it's travelled to many gigs and doesn't have any signs of abuse. It's been used primarily as a midi controller, due to the motorized faders. I keep all my equipment in great condition.

If you're looking for a synth module or groove box, then this is your friend. It has thousands of built in sounds that can be accessed via MIDI/USB or by internal sequencer. The motorized faders makes for a very handy interface to customize your sound.

Even the hundreds of built in patterns makes for a lot of fun.

There are also a hundred or so drum kits, and hundreds of drum hits.

Throw away your VST's and use this as your sound module!

Reason for selling: I have lots of equipment and cycle through instruments often. I have 2 other groove boxes and this one is being neglected by me. I would like to see it used in a good home by a creative owner.

** I will restore the settings to factory default for you if requested. I have obviously made a lot of changes and pattern additions that I'll remove.

Here is Roland's 808 product page: http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...?ProductId=766

MC-808: Sampling Groovebox
    New-Generation Groovebox with Motorized Faders
    Features
    From the company that made “groovebox” a household name comes a remarkable addition to the famous Roland groovebox family: the MC-808. Optimized for realtime performance, the sleek, silver powerstation features eight motorized faders on its surface — a groovebox first! With Roland’s most sophisticated processor at its core, the MC-808 possesses top-of-the-line sampling, sequencing, and synthesizer features yet it comes in at a new, low price point.
    8 motorized faders — a groovebox first!
    Same powerful sampling & sequencing features as MC-909
    Brand new sounds and patterns
    128-voice polyphony
    CompactFlash slot for memory backup
    USB for storage and AIF/WAV file import and export
    16-step pad bank, D Beam controller
    Editor software included (PC/Mac)
    Flagship Features
    The MC-808 shares two key attributes with its elder sibling, the flagship MC-909: The same top-of-the-line sampling and sequencing features that made the MC-909 so famous are built into the MC-808, making it a serious tool for sampling, editing, track building, and mixing. Performers are in for an extra treat with the MC-808, however, as it has a remarkable feature that no other groovebox has....

Motorized Faders
    Motorized faders on an affordable groovebox?! You’re not dreaming. The MC-808 is the world’s first groovebox with this feature! Sure, the motorized faders look cool, but they also provide serious power for live performers. No matter what pattern you call up, the faders will snap to the proper position. As a result, the parameter values and position of the faders always correspond, allowing you to see the values instantly and make changes directly. No more unexpected jumps in values when you grab a fader in mid-performance. It’s always in the right position. Plus, from the fader movements you can see automations such as filter, pan, and part levels changes. If you want to cancel and control the faders manually, simply move the touch-sensitive faders.

New Sounds & Patterns
    The MC-808’s internal sounds and patterns have been created fresh by top international artists. These slammin’ new dance and hip-hop grooves are instantly ready for primetime, but playing and manipulating the internal patterns is only half the fun. The MC-808 allows any sounds to be sampled, edited, and added to the song WAV and AIF files can also be imported from computer via USB. A few “must have” sounds from the MC-909 are also included.

Editing Software
    The MC-808 ships with a free Mac/PC (Mac OS X, Win XP/2000) editor for serious sample and patch editing and part mixing tasks on the luxury of a large computer monitor, and for shuttling the files effortlessly back and forth via USB.

Sound Generator Maximum Polyphony 128 voices (shared with the sampling section) Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz Parts 16 (Main) + 16 (RPS) Waves 622 Patches User: 1,024 (pre-load: 896), Card: 1,024 Rhythm Set User: 256 (pre-load: 128), Card: 256 Sampling Section Data Format 16-bit linear (File Type WAV/AIFF) Maximum Polyphony shared with the sound generator section Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz (fixed) Maximum Sampling Time When sampling memory isn't expanded (4MB) mono: 47 sec. approx., stereo: 23.5 sec. approx.
    When sampling memory is expanded with DIMM (516 MB) mono: 102 min. approx., stereo: 51 min. approx. Samples User: 2,000, Card: 7,000 Sequencer Section Parts 16 + Tempo/Mute Control Resolution 480 ticks per quarter note Tempo 5 - 300 Maximum Note Storage approx. 1,300,000 notes Patterns User: 800, Card: 800 Recording Mode Realtime, TR-REC, Step Songs 50 Arpeggio Style 128 Chord Memory 128 RPS Set 50 Pattern Set 50 Effects Section Reverb 1 (4 types) Compressor 1 (1 type) Multi-effects (MFX) 2 (MFX1, 2: 47 types) Pitch Shifter (for external input) 1 (1 type) Mastering Section 3-bands Compressor 1 (1 type) Expansion Slot Sampling Memory Expansion DIMM 1 slot, Number of pins: 168-pin, Speed: 100 MHz (PC100 CL=2), 133 MHz (PC133 CL=3), Voltage: 3.3 V, Capacity: 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, Board height: 38 mm or less External Memory For saving Pattern/Patch/Sample, CompactFlash card: 1 slot, Compatible up to 1 GB (3.3 V) Controllers, Display Display 20x2 character Type LCD (with Back lit.), Pattern Number Display: 7 segment 3 character x 2 (LED), BPM Diplay: 7 segment 4 character (LED) Control Knob OUTPUT Volume: 1, INPUT Volume: 1 Control Slider Motorized Fader (60mm) x 8 (touch sensitive) Other Controller D Beam Controller Connectors MIX OUTPUT Jack (L (MONO), R), DIRECT 1 OUTPUT Jack (L (MONO), R), INPUT Jack (L (MONO), R), Headphones Jack, MIDI Connectors (IN/OUT), USB Connector (USB MIDI, Mass Storage Class), DC IN Power Supply DC 12 V (AC adaptor) Current Draw 1500 mA Accessories Owner's Manual, Sound Size and Weight Width 431 mm 17 inches Depth 327 mm 12-7/8 inches Height 104 mm 4-1/8 inches Weight 3.4 kg 7 lbs. 8 oz.
    Last edited by atomic; 10-13-2010 at 09:21 AM.

My Ride
    A Hobo

Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    A Hobo

sold