Quantcast
Deerfoot closed south of 22x both directions. Pics of crash - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deerfoot closed south of 22x both directions. Pics of crash

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

It's going to be a long drive home. Thanks for the heads up.

I hope all will come out fine.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Man been idling on deerfoot for an hour

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I tried to go down 130 then through Mackenzie lake and wow what a gong show. Backed up solid in every single direction. Best idea no matter where u are, go to Anderson and go around
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by Stealth22
    Was just going to post that. Foothills is the only hospital with a trauma centre, so they'll be headed there.

Calgary EMS, even with sirens, would take a while to get to Foothills from there. Injuries must've been pretty bad to need STARS.
    Since the opening of the new ER, Rockyview has level 1 trauma capabilities now too, built preemptively for FMC's transition to the McCaig tower and the eventual shutting down of the current main tower.

My Ride
    2010 Genesis coupe 2.0t

Best bet is to turn around but if you get into mackenzie take the first left after esso gas station and it will join up all the way by the 4 way stop at shell by 22x. Took that way and it was empty.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

I ended up doing that! Worked brilliant! I got stuck on mt Mackenzie forever
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

when i drove by the big wrecker was loading a trailer with the remains of the cab on a flat deck.

My Ride
    eats gas like no other

yeah everyone is channeling to 130th ave its ridiculous

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I ended up coming out of Douglasglen North onto Deerfoot (gong) to take Anderson across (gong) and then South on Mcleod to Chaparral (gong). Turned a normal ten minute drive into an hour.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Now, can you FUCKING IMAGINE what the traffic would have been like if our fine, and completely fucking stupid, CITY OF CALGARY morons have their way and CLOSE THE ENTRANCE TO CRANSTON from the side of 22x that you all had to use to escape this fucking mess?

That's right. City wants to close it if you didn't know. No access for any vehicle going SOUTH out of McKenzie or going WEST on 22x. Stupid retards.

Imagine that.

Ha!

Everyone in Auburn Bay and Cranston was lucky that entrance was accessible. Imagine the fucking mess this would have been with no access to Cranston from that side.

Plus I hear the Auburn Bay "working road" from Mahogany to Auburn Bay was closed. Therefore, all these people who cut from Mahogany to the backside of Auburn Bay had to go through Cranston as well.

Today was a clusterfuck. But nothing compared to what the future will be like not being able to cross 22x from the McKenzie side.

Think about that. And if you thought today was bad, just wait until they're finished closing that entrance. Hahah. Stupid City.

Originally posted by jazzyb

It would be funny if the guy was not he sort you'd be racist against eh?
    I can almost gaurantee you that it is. When I worked construction, it was my job to supervise the gravel truck drivers. We were paying them by the hour, not the load, so it was my job to make sure they were not sitting at Tim Hortons or the likes (which they ALWAYS were).

If you saw even a fraction of the stuff I saw, you would think the exact same thing.

My Ride
    oooo

^^I work with gravel truck drivers too... they are almost as bad as the shitters (farmers that haul live animals).
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

What a cluster fuck!! Got the heads up this happened , so cut on 22x and took the route in cranston to get around it.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

When is that fuckin snap-on truck going to come by so I can get my damn warranty tools...

My Ride
    something green

Worst accident/traffic management I have ever seen to date in Calgary..
    At 5:30 there was no reason to have the right hand lane closed, at least 8 motorcycle cops having a circle jerk at the scene watching City wide work.. The god damned truck wasn't going anywhere from the ditch and the driver was long gone from the scene at that point, get deerfoot moving and clean it up after rush hour.. But no they have to make a big fucking production out of it... Meanwhile, every fucktard in the city is driving down the right hand shoulder and trying to push their way back in at the cranston overpass.. Least the cops could be doing some traffic management, lane alternating flagging, but no, that would be to much like work..
    Having seen accident scene management in other countries on high speed roadways, Calgary's is a grand show of incompetence..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    '66 VW, 2011 C30

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
    What a cluster fuck!! Got the heads up this happened , so cut on 22x and took the route in cranston to get around it.
    Totally a cluster. There was a traffic jam in the shoulder on westbound 22x because of the idiots trying to put themselves ahead of everyone, thinking it was a good idea to drive there.

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Now, can you FUCKING IMAGINE what the traffic would have been like if our fine, and completely fucking stupid, CITY OF CALGARY morons have their way and CLOSE THE ENTRANCE TO CRANSTON from the side of 22x that you all had to use to escape this fucking mess?

That's right. City wants to close it if you didn't know. No access for any vehicle going SOUTH out of McKenzie or going WEST on 22x. Stupid retards.

Imagine that.

Ha!

Everyone in Auburn Bay and Cranston was lucky that entrance was accessible. Imagine the fucking mess this would have been with no access to Cranston from that side.

Plus I hear the Auburn Bay "working road" from Mahogany to Auburn Bay was closed. Therefore, all these people who cut from Mahogany to the backside of Auburn Bay had to go through Cranston as well.

Today was a clusterfuck. But nothing compared to what the future will be like not being able to cross 22x from the McKenzie side.

Think about that. And if you thought today was bad, just wait until they're finished closing that entrance. Hahah. Stupid City.
    I'm not sure where you got that information about the Mac's entrance closing but it is incorrect. From what I've read the Mac's entrance will connect directly to Deerfoot. Not sure how they are doing it but the entrance will still be there.

My Ride
    4g63 powered

I was driving home from 64th ave and at barlow deerfoot south was stopped, took the barlow detour to
    glenmore...

This was at 730

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by roopi

I'm not sure where you got that information about the Mac's entrance closing but it is incorrect. From what I've read the Mac's entrance will connect directly to Deerfoot. Not sure how they are doing it but the entrance will still be there.
    Access to Cranston (north) from west bound 22x will be closed according to the last plans I looked at for the ring road interchange project.

It's pretty dumb.

Originally posted by roopi

Well, yeah, it will be connected so you can get OUT. But the last plans I saw - you can't get IN.

The entrance will only be an entrance IF you are on 22x coming from the McLeod trail side. So, if you are in Cranston, you can exit to get to Deerfoot S or N.

However, if you were on 22x going towards McLeod, you will not be able to get in to Cranston.

If you were in McKenzie, and wanting to cross as you can now, you will be unable to do so.

If you were on Deerfoot, and normally take 22x to then go in to Cranston, you will be unable to do so and instead will be forced to go to Seton/Cranston ave overpass and enter Cranston at that location.

The original plan you could go across at McKenzie as well as enter from 22x via a new overpass. And I saw the proposed map and it looked good. But they wanted to scrap it because of cost. There was a HUGE uproar about it, and obviously it is fucking stupid to shut access in. So, if they have now gone back to the original suggested plan, we'll have an entrance there.

Anyone know where this is at TODAY?

It's going to be *FUCKED* if they don't do it properly.
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 10-13-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast