Quantcast
Contest: Squat for dumbbells - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest: Squat for dumbbells

fuuuu me and some other Beyond members were fucking around and one of us did 315 x 15 but we didn't record it. But we got the 225s. Saw the message too late.

Here is Mr. Kryn

Here is me

First set

Second set

There's a guy who shares my Beyond account with me. I'm not sure if you want to consider this entry but here it is.

Last edited by liquidboi69; 10-22-2010 at 10:13 PM.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Good job. Funny too :-)

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

^^ Impressive stuff, what you all of you squat as a max weight?

and lol @ the bball player trying to do squats with poor form and too much weight.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

I squat 400ish, Kryn probably squats 400ish. Two other guys in our crew squat 500 and 600 (to the depth specified)

I wish we had a DL comp, squat is me and Kryn's worst lift.

On a side note, I think if Oz- and kutt3r did this comp they would blow everyone away.
    Last edited by liquidboi69; 10-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

RESPECT!!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by liquidboi69
    I squat 400ish, Kryn probably squats 400ish. Two other guys in our crew squat 500 and 600 (to the depth specified)

On a side note, I think if Oz- and kutt3r did this comp they would blow everyone away.
    LOL, not me... I need 450 on my back to get parallel

I am an old, fat, inflexible bastard

Nice squatting guys!

so since all three of you hit 20 and there's no bonus for 30, it's a 3 way draw. I just had my son draw a name and drum roll....

... he picked KRyn's name out of the hat. congrats, I will be in touch with contact info and when you can pick up.
    heloc that shit

Thanks Lint!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

What gym is that?

^ good old u of c gym

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

^sweet Avatar.

wow the UoC gym sure has changed since I was there. no platforms, no bumpers and 2 squat racks back then
    heloc that shit

wow the UoC gym sure has changed since I was there. no platforms, no bumpers and 2 squat racks back then
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by lint
    they just added the platforms and a rack last week.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by liquidboi69

As kutt3r noted for himself, I am also old, out of shape and injured. Rehabbing and working with some bobsledders right now. Trying to get my mobility back after some injuries.

Great job by the 3 of you. I noticed the brown guy squatting beside Pete, was using those fairy foam things on the bar....haha

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Haha my last rep was more of a good morning than a squat. I think I could have managed a few more reps but at that point they would have been 30% leg and 70% lower back. Thanks for putting on this competition lint!

Good work to everyone who entered and keep on training guys! Maybe we can have a beyond.ca power lift meet some day and go for beers after!

Nice vid's guys. (I have to give the best form to LB on those squats) Hey Kryn and LB...what is your 1RM for your bench, respectively. I'm curious to know.

After a good, almost 15 years from lifting I got back into it last January. back in '95 my squat was 365 and a 255 bench, 315 DL. After barely being able to bench a single plate this past January, (and at 5'9"/215 lbs I was ripe for a heart attack) I'm back up to a 255 bench. I just started squats again this month and am up to 225 for reps. I'm "sorta" happy with my results (not bad for a 47 yr old, beer drinker) but I'd like to get rid of the fat. (I'm now at 190 lbs) But for the life of me, I can't seem to hit the 3 plate bench, like I've always wanted. I've leaned out my daily diet, but just can't lower that 25% BF, or break through the 2 1/2-plate bench. Any suggestions? My work-out routine is all heavy lifts with 30 minutes of cardio.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Nice vid's guys. (I have to give the best form to LB on those squats) Hey Kryn and LB...what is your 1RM for your bench, respectively. I'm curious to know.

After a good, almost 15 years from lifting I got back into it last January. back in '95 my squat was 365 and a 255 bench, 315 DL. After barely being able to bench a single plate this past January, (and at 5'9"/215 lbs I was ripe for a heart attack) I'm back up to a 255 bench. I just started squats again this month and am up to 225 for reps. I'm "sorta" happy with my results (not bad for a 47 yr old, beer drinker) but I'd like to get rid of the fat. (I'm now at 190 lbs) But for the life of me, I can't seem to hit the 3 plate bench, like I've always wanted. I've leaned out my daily diet, but just can't lower that 25% BF, or break through the 2 1/2-plate bench. Any suggestions? My work-out routine is all heavy lifts with 30 minutes of cardio.
    Hey Dave, yah LB has really good form. I have only recently gotten into power lifting and taking my training seriously. Before meeting up with LB I never really squatted. I was a bench, back and arms only kind of guy haha. He is currently running our power lifting group so he will be able to give you lots of suggestions for breaking through your plateaus. Specifically what rep ranges do you tend to work in and how often do you change your program? Previously I bounce benched 315 for 2 reps. Now that I am benching correctly (with a pause) I should be good for around 300lbs (probably less). Unfortunately my shoulder is currently injured so I am not benching at all. LB has savage bench he can probably bench 320lbs or so raw and maybe 340-360lbs in a shirt on a really good day.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

How much do you guys weigh right now? Curious in terms of X * bodyweight how it works out.
    Ultracrepidarian

I weigh 188lb at the moment (which is the most I've ever weighed.) I'm normally around 185 as I actually need to be 181 for competition.

As Kryn said, the pause (motionless on chest) bench takes alot out of your 1RM. So it's hard to say what I can do. I also bench with a huge arch so it's also hard to say how much I can bench without doing that.

With the federation I'm in (IPF,) your head/feet/ass can not move. You also can't have any downward motion in any lift, and all lifts have to be locked out completely at the start/end. So you may have different 1RM based on different standards (especially since I arch so much.)

In terms of diet...I actually don't really diet (yes I am kind of ashamed to admit that.) I do diet pre-competition to get down to 181...but other than that I just make sure I eat 1g of protein/lb of BW.

In terms of routine...I found that what's way more important than any program is intensity/drive and FORM. As the coach, I preach form more than anything...and if your form is not up to par, you don't do the routine I make anyways. As for the routine, it's basically a 3-4month periodized (mostly linear) program which is specifically meant to peak around meet time.

It consists of a main exercise (BP, SQ, DL), and in terms of volume it's around 4x9, 7x5, or 10x3 Then 2 assistance exercises like floor press/board pressing/lat...and then 2 circuits relating to the lift. The %'s are basically made so that in each block, you will never miss unless it's the 4th week. And if you don't miss in the fourth week and it looks easy...you do extra sets on the main exercise. We had to work up to this work capacity and it's not fun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast