Quantcast
Shell Gas Station tried to rip me off - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shell Gas Station tried to rip me off

My Ride
    97 si honda civic/2004 chevy silverado

Default Shell Gas Station

They tried to take 50 bucks from me...thankfully i have a big mouth and ill bitch until I get what I want. Especially when they were trying to steal from me.
    Never go to the shell on 37st and Bow trail....they will try and steal from you without even knowing.
    I went and prepaid on a pump. The man (of a different race) really trying not to be racist... The man put it in on the wrong pump....first stupid mistake. Then when I was almost full he told me his mix up and said he needed to refund my card as it was on the wrong pump. I went in he gave me a reciept that said 50 bucks was refunded ......from the till....not the interact....the till. I tried to explain that he only refunded his till and not my card. We were yelling and screaming. I was furious...so he told me to check my bank (as he guarantees it went back onto my card) and if its not come back and I will reumburse ur money. Sure as shit I called my bank.....no money was refunded. So I was choked....went to shell told the white guy the story and he started to feed me a new asshole and said it takes 2 business days to refund the card. I kept telling him if it was refunded back onto my debit it would say refund on this slip.....I started to swear ...and he started to yell at me....I wanted to cry I was so mad. Finally they realized their wrong and gave me my money.

All in all they were DICKS and tried to take my money by being sneaky....so just a heads up.....to be cautious and watch what people in this society will try to do to you. I refuse to do business there.....
    i am who i am.

The exact same thing happened to me but in the shell in country hills. You should never let them do this. Do not leave the place until you have your gas and never swipe your card twice...NEVER. They don't need to refund the money he's just scamming.

I told the guy I was calling the cops if I walked out to the pump and there wasn't gas authorized...walked out and pumped away. This is just a way for them to make more money at their shit job. And the guy I dealt with was east indian...almost shit himself when I said I'm calling the cops.

Last edited by kaput; 04-01-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Default Re: Shell Gas Station

Originally posted by surferbaby13
    The man (of a different race) really trying not to be racist...

My Ride
    ep3

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'm thinking of getting the easypay..how is it?

Get out of car, hold tag to pump, beep, lift nozzle, select grade, replace nozzle, grab receipt, gtfo.

I love it. It's the most efficient way to get gas since they got rid of the RF sensors you put on your back window. No need to swipe my credit card and then air miles separately either.

I always get my gas at coop cause theyre honest and dont pull cheap shit like this. Plus being a coop member we get a small % returned back to us at teh end of the year by cheque.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

My Ride
    2014 Sierra, 87 cavi vert

debit cards work on the pumps too, so why prepay inside?
    Speed Doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop at the end.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by .jl-

I'm thinking of getting the easypay..how is it?
    It's easy but let's just say that don't bothering ordering one if you don't already have one.

I always pay at pump except when it come to gift certs I get from airmiles. Then it's PITA. The only Shell that let you pump and pay @ til is 4th St N.W by Safeway.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-17-2010 at 08:39 AM.

I've noticed a lot of pumps started cutting you off at 100 back a year or 2 ago.. Now its down to 75 on some pumps... WTF. I have to stop pumping, hang up the nozzle.. Wait for the pump to thank me, and clear and then start pumping after swiping my card again. PITA .

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I've noticed a lot of pumps started cutting you off at 100 back a year or 2 ago.. Now its down to 75 on some pumps... WTF. I have to stop pumping, hang up the nozzle.. Wait for the pump to thank me, and clear and then start pumping after swiping my card again. PITA .
    Noticed that too, pretty retarded in a city where 1/4 of the population drives a 3/4 ton truck with 130L gas tank.

Yup I cant let my truck go down below 1/4 anymore unless I know I can get to the coop by my house to pay inside. Shell was the worst (with those tags) because sometimes it wouldnt let you use it twice in a row or sometimes it would sit at the thank you sign forever.

The joys of having a 120l tank. It is nice I can drive almost a month on one tank however.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

mines 130l and I only get a few days usually.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    66mm Inducer

Those guys are sleazy! BTW shell gas sucks anyways, their fuel isn't regulated enough and always contains a major amount experimental additives. My friend is a petroleum engineer, he told me that Petro Canada premium has the best octane content and strict formulas they keep to. I switched about a month ago and my mileage is a bit better, the major difference is my idle is the smoothest I've ever had.

Originally posted by veedubin69
    Those guys are sleazy! BTW shell gas sucks anyways, their fuel isn't regulated enough and always contains a major amount experimental additives. My friend is a petroleum engineer, he told me that Petro Canada premium has the best octane content and strict formulas they keep to. I switched about a month ago and my mileage is a bit better, the major difference is my idle is the smoothest I've ever had.
    I've seen data that show the exact opposite actually...Petro-Can came in last out of 4 tested (Husky, Shell, Esso, Petro-Can).
    Last edited by PD77; 10-17-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Having education or a job in an industry does not make you an expert on every aspect of that industry.

My Ride
    Ferrari

I've never prepaid at the shell I fill up at. I just fill up and pay inside. Mind you, they know me because I been goin there for, well, since I started driving.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Call the cops on them next time.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast