Quantcast
Baby Found In Dumpster In NW?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Found In Dumpster In NW??

Thumbs down Baby Found In Dumpster In NW??

Anyone else hear this? Just heard a brief news clip on the radio....

Makes me sick to think in today's society and options available that someone could do this to a child.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

good thing is the kid probably won't remember that one of his stepping stones into life included being thrown out like trash.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

oh no it happened west of deerfoot, our property values!!!

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

I hear it was in the complexes across from James fowler high school. I bet it's some chick from fowler that did it.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

At least do a 2 second google search a link OP :P

CALGARY - A crying newborn baby has been found in a garbage in northwest Calgary, say police.

The baby boy was discovered at 1:20 p.m. Tuesday in the Queen's Park Village townhouse complex, 501 40th Ave. N.W., in a wooden trash bin in a common area at the centre of the property.

James Patton was walking his dog when he came past a man and woman near a trash bin in the middle of the complex.

"A girl said she heard something, he tore open a garbage bag," Patton said.

The trio saw a newborn baby with its umbilical cord still attached.

"I ripped off my shirt," said Patton, who was wearing a jacket borrowed from a police officer.

"I kept the baby warm."

EMS has also transported a woman in her mid-20s to hospital in stable condition. Officials have not confirmed the woman is the infant's mother.

The newborn was rushed to hospital and is in serious, but non-life threatening condition at this time, police confirm.

“It was crying. I believe the hospital has the child listed in critical condition just because the infant was quite young, approximately a few days old,” said Det. Dean Nichol.

“They’re going to treat it as critical, but the child is in fact alive at this moment.”

Police are trying to determine the baby's identity and its parents, as well as how long the child was left there.

“We don’t know. We’re still trying to determine that,” said Nichol.

EMS spokesman Adam Loria said the baby was “in distress.”

Police are investigating.

More to come.
    HERO!^, there was a mid 20s woman at the scene, don't be so quick to judge?

Wow, someone drove all the way from the NE to put a baby in a dumpster in Queen's Park Village. Disgusting.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Absolutely disgusting that someone would do this. Unfortunately the penalty for this type of thing is not harsh enough.

I do predict some very lol comments in this thread though.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Wow, someone drove all the way from the NE to put a baby in a dumpster in Queen's Park Village. Disgusting.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I lol'd and I know I shouldn't. But I did.

Good for the dude who saved the baby though :/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

ZING.... was waiting for this

Originally posted by n1zm0
    At least do a 2 second google search a link OP :P
    Thanks for the post with the info. When i did my 2 sec search nothing was found of any substance.

"A resident of the Calgary complex told reporters that he found the naked newborn stuffed in a sealed garbage bag."

DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

I meant it in the sense that in that kind of situation were quick to judge a negligent mother, not directed at you at all, so who knows why the baby was found in a dumpster after being delivered not in a hospital environment.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by n1zm0
    I meant it in the sense that in that kind of situation were quick to judge a negligent mother, not directed at you at all, so who knows why the baby was found in a dumpster after being delivered not in a hospital environment.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "So who knows why the baby was found in a dumpster..."?

Are you implying there's possibly a legitimate reason for a mother to place her newborn child in a dumpster?

Cause I'm having a tough time with that one...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-22-2019 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Sad

Abortion is even legal here, what the hell is her excuse? If you didn't want it, don't have it or at least give it up for adoption.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I can't believe nobody has posted this yet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRj-S8Aklcw

best comment ever

why is the babys voice deeper than justin biebers??

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I am not going to comment on how or what a particular mother might be going through when she finds out she is pregnant. I understand that not all family situations would be accepting of a young lady having a child...or perhaps she didn't have the means to raise the child...

There could be many reasons as to how or why she got pregnant, and that alone is another whole can of worms...but seriously??...

How does ANYONE have such a disregard for human life when there are so many fucking options available to her??...I can appreciate that she might not be able to raise it...but to fucking dump it??...that's despicable...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Absolutely not okay to do something like this, however, I can understand how she'd be completely mentally unsound after giving birth by herself. And I'd venture after giving birth by herself she wasn't really in the right frame of mind to consider all the options available to her.

She may not have known she was pregnant (or convinced herself she wasn't) which adds to the detachment from the infant.

Still absolutely horrific, but PTSD after a tough labour is pretty well documented. Hell, even in a hospital setting with my husband and mom there for support my labour was pretty traumatic and I didn't even need some of the classic interventions other moms have. Then add on the hormone crash you get a couple days after birth and it's a recipe for disaster.

Thankfully the little guy is alive and there's hoards of people waiting for babies to adopt in Alberta so he's got a great shot at ending up in a pretty good family, might be better for him if the mother isn't found.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    I am not going to comment on how or what a particular mother might be going through when she finds out she is pregnant. I understand that not all family situations would be accepting of a young lady having a child...or perhaps she didn't have the means to raise the child...

There could be many reasons as to how or why she got pregnant, and that alone is another whole can of worms...but seriously??...

How does ANYONE have such a disregard for human life when there are so many fucking options available to her??...I can appreciate that she might not be able to raise it...but to fucking dump it??...that's despicable...

could not agree more! and not only to dump it, but to seal it in a bag too! absolutely disgusting, its completely unnecessary, i hope they at least are considering attempted murder charges
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

I am sure when she is caught she will get a slap on the wrist. Now if it had been the father who had done this... Strange how double standards work.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast