Quantcast
Ohio brings New DUI Punishment - Special Plates - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio brings New DUI Punishment - Special Plates

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Ohio brings New DUI Punishment - Special Plates

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1170958&page=1

Got this in my email today, what is everyones thoughts on this? I see alot of vehicles being vandalized by anti-DUI people.
    Travel

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I think any incentive to keep drunk drivers from getting behind the wheel is remarkable.

My Ride
    94' Terd

I hate to say that if you drive drunk you deserve to get your car shit kicked but that is almost how I feel. You definately deserve to get embarassed though, that funky yellow plate is a perfect way of doing so.

no not a good idea at all, all it does is bring unwanted attention anfd will cause vandalism and a hard time for anyone else who drives that car....and its not like you can be careful around them, what are you gonna do if a person witha special license plate runs a red light at 140kph as opposed to a person with a normal plate: DIE, either way, ur still jacked, seems rather pointless to me!

its a good idea for the drivers themselves, but not for everyone else implicated in the situation!

My Ride
    2005 S50

It's Brilliant, every1 who drive's buy will recognize them.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Maybe that will finally fucking teach people that drunk driving is not ok. Maybe after their cars get vandalized enough times they'll learn their damn lesson.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

I can see lots of challeges and lawsuits coming.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by tegdream
    no not a good idea at all, all it does is bring unwanted attention anfd will cause vandalism and a hard time for anyone else who drives that car....
    thats the point!!
    Originally posted by tegdream
    and its not like you can be careful around them, what are you gonna do if a person witha special license plate runs a red light at 140kph as opposed to a person with a normal plate: DIE, either way, ur still jacked, seems rather pointless to me!
    thats NOT the point!!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

but it shoul be just for the person, not the family

Nah, this gives a huge detterant to drinking and driving. Good incentive to stay clean.

My Ride
    UA6

I don't think there is anything wrong with this idea. If you have been caught DUI, you shouldn't even be allowed to drive until after a certain amount of time, no question about it. This may bring about vandalism to your car, but it's well deserved. You can't justify drinking and driving.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 11:55 PM.

My Ride
    240sx, 300c, turbo TE72, FG1 Civic, Pilot

i think it's a great idea.
    as for having the rest of the family receiving the plates i agree that the ones responsible should be punished, but the families? sure, they can be held accountable to a certain degree, but that is taking it too far.

ph: 403.248.1566
    email: [email protected]

Supertech, Link ECU, ViPec, Nistune, Competition Clutch, Nardi, Personal, Worksbell, Seibon, VIS, Shine Auto Project, Agency Power, Status, Full-Race, Stillen, Mazworx,
    Megan Racing, Zedd Performance, Varrstoen

My Ride
    1998 Torch Red Lingenfelter 427 CID Corvette Coupe

I personaly think its a complete waste of time. 'tagdream' was talking about somebody running a red light. That's just the tip of the iceburg. You can't get people to follow speed limits, get insurance, stop racing on the street, breaking into cars, and yet they want ignorant drunks to take to responsibility to put a beacon on their car stating such! It'll never happen. They'll just find a way around it or end up stealing someone elses plates. This law has been in effect for umpteen years, why in the hell are they just now trying to enforce it? Guess Taft needs a new condo.
    Last edited by sfmedicusaf; 01-01-2004 at 06:37 AM.
    "You come into this world with nothing and you leave this world with nothing. Play with all the toys you can while your here."

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

"Any other vehicles in the family will have to carry the special plates as well. Critics call it guilt by association, but supporters said it's not unreasonable."

This is kinda stupid, my Step-dad had a DUI charge 2 years ago, lost his Lisence for a year.....which he deserved 100%, but I am EXTREMELY against drinking and driving for many reasons, especially since my moron step dad had his Lisence taken away. So penalizing everyone in the house may be too far....just because i lived with him dosnt mean i drive drunk as well( although i know part of why they are doing it is becuase of the possibility of the charged person driving the other cars, but still)
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    93 Integra LS

thats great! maybe after the drivers with those plates see what most of us think of him for driving drunk he'll fell shame then remorse witch it the whole point.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by James
    "Any other vehicles in the family will have to carry the special plates as well. Critics call it guilt by association, but supporters said it's not unreasonable."

This is kinda stupid, my Step-dad had a DUI charge 2 years ago, lost his Lisence for a year.....which he deserved 100%, but I am EXTREMELY against drinking and driving for many reasons, especially since my moron step dad had his Lisence taken away. So penalizing everyone in the house may be too far....just because i lived with him dosnt mean i drive drunk as well( although i know part of why they are doing it is becuase of the possibility of the charged person driving the other cars, but still)
    I agree. Although i'm against drinking and driving, it would be extremely unfair to force other family members to have to put on the same plates.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    2005 S50

But what they are trying to do is make other family member's responsible for each other and to make sure no one in there family drink's and drive's. Good logic behind it but not always fair.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Here's a question for everyone who thinks putting the plates on family members cars is not fair and humiliating. Which is less humiliating, having that plate on your car as a deterent for the drunk driver not to go anywhere, or having your family name splashed all over the news after your drunk driving relation kills someone?
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

I didn't read the article, but I think i can get the general idea from reading the posts.. if they do it to individuals that'd be alright, but family? come on.. it's like, if my sister fucks up and does something stupid, I will get the blame for it as well? Only person that can control the offender is the offender themself, so where's the logic in getting the family members involved?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast