Quantcast
my experience with redline_13000 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my experience with redline_13000

My Ride
    2002 pontiac sunfire

Default redline the ripoff

ok so i met up with redline_13000 last night to look at 2 pioneer subs.....i have to say they were nice subs but as I looked at them a little closer i realized he didnt even take the time to put all the screws in so the box wasnt air tight.....but that was a minor thing....then came the price...he asked me what i thought and i said 120ish.......he said he was thinking 150ish....now if i go back his exact words in his thread were "hey..i have 2 12" Pioneer ts-303c subs here for sale...160 watts rms per sub/500 max...never put full power into them..mint condition only used 2 months...will throw in a very nice box...asking 130 obo".....now i know its only 20-30 bucks but comon man......i may not know alot about subs but i aint stupid.......other than that he seemed like a nice guy

Perhaps he forgot what he originally asked, you should have just told him thats about what he asked for in the first place. If he knew that he was jacking up the price, then its a different story, but you should clarify first.
    ---

My Ride
    1992 Jetta GTX 16v

Yeah dude, alot of people know each other on this forum. You shouldn't really go on here and bash somone. Like we all goof around, but no real bashing (other then to banana).

shouldn't jump to conclusions .... not everyone has a perfect memory
    Once you go 'Dub ... you don't go back

My Ride
    2002 pontiac sunfire

im not bashing him its just that why jack up the price....and if he "forgot" well then you have to be pretty dumb

Dude, take it up with him yourself.
    Your obviously trying to bash him if you bring it out onto the forums
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

ya man take it up with him first, bashing people on forums..intentionally... is not the way to gain friends on here
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by ME_VS_YOU
    im not bashing him its just that why jack up the price....and if he "forgot" well then you have to be pretty dumb

People forget things all the time, it's human, forgetting things doesn't make someone dumb.

He does a few sub-box installs and from what I've seen they are pretty good, people are pleased. About the $20, if he asks too much (forgot?), then just correct him on his price (which you did right?).

On a side note, back in the ABCars.net era, Redline_13000 was one of the only two people out of ten who took the time and trouble to meet me to pay a go-karting deposit to me in advance, his vehicle was out of commission, so he WALKED to the meeting place, he made sure he was there to pay me, which tells you something.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Yeah, seems like a pretty small problem to formally bitch about it on a forum. If it was 300 and the sub was missing its voicecoil and magnet, then It would be something to whine about
    Travel

i've sold things that i've "forgot" the asking price.......... happens all the time man.... i guess your the only smart one.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

dude the first thing i asked u was "have we discussed a price yet" because i did infact forget...all u had to say was..u were asking 130obo..and i would have gladly given it to you for that price or even 120...and whats the big deal about a couple screws man? i showed u them at least to let u know what ur paying for

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

from what i gather redline's a pretty nice guy, i've talked to him a few times on icq and such, and he doesn't really look like he's out trying to 'rip' people off, i asked him about a custom sub enclosure, and he basically asked me to name a price and he'd do it... so i think he really did just forget the asking price

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Looks like this kinda backfired on ME_VS_YOU!:p I Had Redline_13000 build me a box for the MR2, and he did a sweet ass job!, had very little room to work with, it looked pimp(covered in Black vinyl), and it sounded awesome! If your gonna deal with someone, you should probably Discuss the price more like others have already said, That way there is no confusion!

Hes an honest guy, so i dont know why there should have been a problem! He is a punk ass kid though! j/k
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

I've also had redline build me a single box way back. It was an awsome deal, nothing in the stores could touch it. It may not have been the prettiest box in the world but that wasn't what i was after. It was built very well, and works great with my sub. I really doubt that he was trying to screw you in anyway because he doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. And on a second note should this not have tried to be handled privately before you come on here and try and ruin his rep? Thats pretty low man.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    2002 pontiac sunfire

hey redline sorry about it man....i was just pissed cause my friend got me all wound up.....it wasnt in fact that big of a deal.....and i would like to take you out for a drink for being such an ass..... i just dunno what i was thinking

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by ME_VS_YOU
    hey redline sorry about it man....i was just pissed cause my friend got me all wound up.....it wasnt in fact that big of a deal.....and i would like to take you out for a drink for being such an ass..... i just dunno what i was thinking
    Very Humble of you, Mature and respectable!

Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Speaking of sub boxes, What are the costs? I wouldn't mind scrapping my 2 10's in an unported boxand going with a ported 12 or maybe 2 10's ported.
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 pontiac sunfire

boxes are relatively cheap....and as i hear redline can make you one for cheap...talk to him

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

hense why I posted about it in this thread. Hes sure to read it.
    Travel

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Benny pm me

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

haha..redline is awesome guy..ahha helped me do my shit in winter..haha...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast