Quantcast
Victim charged for assulting theif - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Victim charged for assulting theif

My firearms instructor used this saying all the time when it came to questions regarding this exact situation.

I would rather be judged my 12 of my peers than carried by 6 of them
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Kloubek

While you will probably find much agreement on this forum with that kind of viewpoint (and probably agreement with the majority of the Canadian public), the courts would disagree with you.
    if the majority of Canadians agree with such, then our employees (government / court) should abide.

Democracy my ass.

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

That's a really shit deal for the farmer.

If I were a thief, knowing that the person I was robbing was legally entitled to beat the piss out of me, or even kill me, it would for sure deter me from going to certain houses.

If I were a thief, knowing that there was really nothing my victim could do to me without getting into more trouble than I am, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take whatever I wanted, just to see what I can get away with.

IMO, if you're going to tresspass on someone's property, you had better be ready to deal with whatever they have to dish out.
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

While you would THINK that allowing people to protect their property would reduce such crimes, if you look in the States where people *ARE* allowed to defend themselves in such a manner, the crime rate is no lower. Same goes for things such as capital punishment for violent crimes.

(I'm in favour of both, regardless)

^ That's just cause the US is more fucked up haha

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    I don't know about you guys, but if i was in that farmers position the guy might have ended up worse. When someone fucks with my shit and i actually* get a chance to get some payback i go into beast mode.

* so many times shit has gotten stolen without ever knowing who has done it, imagine catching the fucker in the act?
    It wouldn't be the blunt side of an axe either.

Like what Dayglow said, the farmer was too honest with the cops. I wouldn't say a single fucking word to the police if I was in this situation. Then again, the shitbag thief wouldn't be in a position to tell their side of the story either.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by Guillermo
    I'm amazed by how different the connotations are with the title of the thread, and the CBC headline, which was something like "RCMP investigates hatchet attack." If I hadn't read the article and this thread, I would think they are two completely different stories. It's kind of amazing how people with different perspectives can twist the same story.
    Wait did I get that right? CBC headline reads "RCMP investigates hatchet attack"...

Personally, the headline pretty much insinuates that the home owner is the criminal and the thief is the victim. But hell only in CBC.
    Ultimate excellence lies
    Not in winning
    Every Battle
    But in defeating the enemy
    Without ever fighting.
    The highest form of warfare
    Is to attack
    Strategy itself.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Ergo-Sun-Tzu

Personally, the headline pretty much insinuates that the home owner is the criminal and the thief is the victim. But hell only in CBC.
    It actually doesn't mean that at all. It means the crown wanted more information on it, probably because the thieves tried to pursue charges.

Doesn't mean he was arrested OR charged. If he lawyered up, he won't even see the back of a cop car. These situations rely a lot on someone saying the wrong thing.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride

Maybe it's time to bust this out again. It's long, but it's thorough and it outlines why, even if you're the most honest, law abiding citizen in the world, NEVER SAY ANYTHING TO THE POLICE.

Reminds me of the Texas case a few years ago where a guy killed two guys who were robbing his neighbours house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by Crymson
    Maybe it's time to bust this out again. It's long, but it's thorough and it outlines why, even if you're the most honest, law abiding citizen in the world, NEVER SAY ANYTHING TO THE POLICE.

Good Video. Thanks for posting it
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

This is absolute Bull Shit! That idiot in this thread that goes on about this kind of action being uncivilized and accomplishes nothing is a fucking bleeding heart Liberal Douche Bag! How about it sets a precedence for deterrence? A few stories all over the news how a home owner killed a burgurlar in defense and gets off scot free would go a long way in deterring this kind of crime.

I have actually faced a Burgular face to face in my house before. The intruder was bigger than me but it did not stop me from chasing this guy out of my house in a rage! I didnt think what could happen to me, weopns or him overpowering me. I just reacted. You dont have time to think. You just react. In these situations there is no civility, it is the survival of the fittest. Think about it. The perp does not want to get caught and will do anything to get away including fucking you up!? So I look at it as its either him or I that gets fucked up?

Fuck this you're under arrest shit. It will never happen in the heat of the moment. I am all for the Castle law as posted above where you can take any force you deem nesassary to protect your possesions, property and family.

Stories like this make me hate the way this countries legal systems is so screwed up. It works for the criminals

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    Id take the charge.. if i caught the fuckers that broke into my garage and i had a bat, their dentist would have alot of work ahead of them. To me, once you enter someones property/home, you have waived your right to be respected and treated in a human manor. You dont break into someones home by "accident".
    I remember an episode of 'To Protect and Serve (our version of Cops) where this guy broke into an apartment, and the guy who lived there beat him with a 2x4 and took him up on the roof to wait for the cops (and hit the guy occasionally lol). When the cops show up the 'victim' gives his sob story about how the guy was beating him with a 2x4. Cop says "well, i guess you picked the wrong place to break into, didn't ya!" as he throws him in the squad car.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

Originally posted by BMDUBS
    This is absolute Bull Shit! That idiot in this thread that goes on about this kind of action being uncivilized and accomplishes nothing is a fucking bleeding heart Liberal Douche Bag!
    You fail at reading comprehension.

Originally posted by 95teetee
    I remember an episode of 'To Protect and Serve (our version of Cops) where this guy broke into an apartment, and the guy who lived there beat him with a 2x4 and took him up on the roof to wait for the cops (and hit the guy occasionally lol). When the cops show up the 'victim' gives his sob story about how the guy was beating him with a 2x4. Cop says "well, i guess you picked the wrong place to break into, didn't ya!" as he throws him in the squad car.
    I think that is probably more to the truth on a typical day. I dont think very many people are actually convicted of defending their home.

Yes buddy is out smashing mailboxes and a 12 gage in the face may not be appropriate, regardless that he was on your property or not. However buddy is in your basement where you gun safe is? Sure as shit I would shoot him.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3