Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    '12 G37x, '08 Dodge Grand Caravan

Originally posted by Tomaz
    I think you have the exact scope I piced up for my Marlin. Not bad for $50!

BTW fellow plinkers, I have cleared most of the snow around my "Shooting Range". If the weather holds out this weekend, we could do some shootin'.

I'd love to get in on this...

Can I plink with my M4?
    "Nice guys finish last, AWESOME guys finish on her face" -Charlie Sheen

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by crewchaud

I'd love to get in on this...

Can I plink with my M4?
    I would too!

I want to finally pin-point my old Anshutz .22 that my great grandfather gave me. My cousin was also just given a Norinco M14 .308 that I wanted to try out.

Looks like the new range I am joining cashed my cheque. Now I am just waiting for the access codes.

Anybody been to MV Marksmen? Its pretty sweet out there.

On a side note. My laser/flashlight attachment arrived today for my M&P9

My Ride

What's this MV MARKSMEN you speak of? Which laser/light attachment did you pick up?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Ok so I got my side rails in. Moved the bipod up and got a high rise attachment for my scope.

Now to sight the bitch in. Anyone have any tips to get her sighted in easy without laser bore scope?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by SJW
    Ok so I got my side rails in. Moved the bipod up and got a high rise attachment for my scope.

Now to sight the bitch in. Anyone have any tips to get her sighted in easy without laser bore scope?

Bring it over on a nice day and plink away my friend.

My range is only good up to 100yards, but that should be plenty for a good zero.
    Last edited by Tomaz; 01-31-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

Sure pm me when you're going.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

o_0 ruger sr-22? how much for the bare bones mind i ask and where?

My Ride

550 at shooting edge.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by n1zm0
    o_0 ruger sr-22? how much for the bare bones mind i ask and where?
    Originally posted by SJW
    550 at shooting edge.
    $550 seems a bit steep. I could have sworn that I saw them at Wholesale for $350. I could be mistaken.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

The shooting edge typically doesn't have the best prices. Other Canadian online dealers seem to be a bit better. They can be very good, you just need to shop around a bit. Also, call them and don't look at their website for prices. Just as one example they have a shotgun listed for $1700 that can be had for $999 elsewhere. When I inquired about the massive price difference it was discovered that their website had the wrong price.

Also if you're buying a restricted firearm and are only going to use it at TSE anyways, it is handy to buy there because you don't need an ATT right away and can use it as soon as you buy it. Their staff is great (particularly the Asians I find lol) and knowledgeable, just shop prices around to make sure you're getting a fair price.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

So, I just received my restricted license and plan on purchasing my first handgun. I am doing what research I can but wouldn't mind a good base to get me started.

What I am looking for is Double-Action, Magazine, 9mm. An example of the style I like would be the H&K USP. What do you restricted guys suggest I look into? Feel free to post up what you have and what you like/dislike about it.

Thanks!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

I just ordered the black dog 50 round drum for this gun. LoL. Gophers be fucked.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by SJW
    I just ordered the black dog 50 round drum for this gun. LoL. Gophers be fucked.

haha man that is sick, i want one

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by SJW
    I managed to get my hands on 3 tactical innovations TI25 30rd magazines

Hate the look of the buttler creek magazines
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

So, I just received my restricted license and plan on purchasing my first handgun. I am doing what research I can but wouldn't mind a good base to get me started.

What I am looking for is Double-Action, Magazine, 9mm. An example of the style I like would be the H&K USP. What do you restricted guys suggest I look into? Feel free to post up what you have and what you like/dislike about it.

Thanks!
    Obviously the best thing to do is try out some guns. Besides that though, I'll try give you some starting points.

Do you want a polymer gun or a metal gun? Metal guns kick significantly less because they're heavier. Personally I much prefer metal guns. They also feel more substantial and robust.

Grip thickness is another big deal depending on your hand size. You can get different grips for most guns though.

Glocks aren't for everyone. They kick pretty good, they aren't built with quite as high tolerances as some (one reason they eat just about any ammo), and they have no safety. A lot of people hate their triggers and compare them to holding onto a 2X4. Again, 100% personal preference though.

SIG P226 is another go-to gun, but you pay a bit of a premium. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's all metal.

S&W M&P is a polymer gun with a good reputation & price. Pretty sure this is the gun the RCMP uses.

Beretta M9 or 92FS is another great gun. Used by the military. All metal as well.

CZ 75b - An all metal Czech gun with an awesome reputation. This gun or a variation of it would be my personal recommendation. They can be had for pretty cheap and build quality is outstanding. Great grip that is comfortable for most people as well, all hand sizes.

Personally I use a CZ SP-01 Shadow. It's a variation of the CZ 75b built with input from both law enforcement and competition shooters. If you do a little homework you will not find a bad word about it. Lots of guys in the production class competitions are cleaning up with this gun. The employee at TSE I was talking to the other day is selling his Sig 226 and getting a CZ Shadow for competition shooting. Build quality, accuracy, and trigger are IMO second to none in the price category. Everyone wants to try it when I'm at the range and usually get a "wow" response from the guys using glocks, etc. haha. You're more than welcome to give it a try if you want and see if you like it. Another reason I love this gun is that the slide is very thin. What this means is I can get my hands really high up on the gun right under the barrel. This makes it easy to shoot accurately and control recoil. Guns like the Sig 226 have a much thicker slide.

Anyways there are obviously lots more guns, but the ones I listed here are the most common recommendations for a first gun by far. They are also all very reasonably priced with huge bang for the buck (pun intended).
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-01-2011 at 12:09 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Great, thanks Mitsu. That gives me a great starting point.

I will need to check out those CZs at the range. I was looking at the 75b at wholesale on the weekend, and it did fit nice considering I have pretty big hands. The SP-01 sounds like it will be a better match for me though. Does the SP-01 have an attachment rail? (I want to rice-out the gun with a tac-light, lol).

Not to sound like a James Bond fanboy (which I am), but does anyone have any experience with the Walther P99? How does it stand up to abuse? How difficult is it to service? What do you like/dislike about it?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

Walther P99 is a great gun... Well balanced and fairly forgiving on the accuracy side of things.

As for first gun options I have a slightly different perspective¡K Metal framed guns are traditionally heavier there for there fore you will experience less recoil and are a better foundation for practicing effective grip and stance when target shooting. Polymer will instinctively feel better but until you understand the different types of ¡§kick¡¨ each caliber represents you will start to conclude which direction you prefer to go. Shit just buy one of each ƒº

As someone alluded to earlier how your hand grips the pistol should be your starting point. As a rule of thumb most HK¡¦s are big and robust and to hold a gun properly would not fit most. That being said there are models with adjustable back straps.

Some types/brands to take a look at:

- any 1911 style in government or commander
    - Glock 17/22 Generation 4 models with the adjustable backstrap
    - Pretty much any CZ¡K If you like the Walther P99 then I would lean you more towards a CZ P07 Duty
    - S & W M & P

All the above listed are also very reasonably priced when you consider all that¡¦s available.

Just my 2 cents

My Ride

$550 seems a bit steep. I could have sworn that I saw them at Wholesale for $350. I could be mistaken.
    Between $530-550 is pretty standard.

Wolverine Supplies has the COLT M4 in .22 on sale for $725

Great, thanks Mitsu. That gives me a great starting point.

I will need to check out those CZs at the range. I was looking at the 75b at wholesale on the weekend, and it did fit nice considering I have pretty big hands. The SP-01 sounds like it will be a better match for me though. Does the SP-01 have an attachment rail? (I want to rice-out the gun with a tac-light, lol).

Not to sound like a James Bond fanboy (which I am), but does anyone have any experience with the Walther P99? How does it stand up to abuse? How difficult is it to service? What do you like/dislike about it?
    I don't think TSE has any CZ's to rent unfortunately. They sell them all though so you can handle new ones.

Yes the CZ SP-01 Shadow has an accessory rail. And see how thin that slide is? You can get your hands RIGHT up under the barrel. Super easy to clean too, just like most of these guns. Field strip in about 10-15 seconds no problem and without tools.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/79-pis...01_SHADOW.aspx

Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast