My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thanks, I'll take a look into it!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Do it!

My Ride

Hey guys I recently purchased a Remington 700 Varmint in 308 to play with (impulse buy) and I am looking at changing out the stock as I hate the feel of the factory one.

So far I came up with two options:

1- B&C Medalist $244+shipping new. Had one on my Savage and loved it, had to wait 10 weeks for it which sucks (probably won't do much shooting during winter anyways so I suppose I can wait).

2- HS Precision Stock ~$200-250 on the forums, take-offs/slightly used, comes on a couple model 700's factory.

Which of those two would essentially get better accuracy and better build quality? Also if you have other brand to suggest feel free!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Have a look at Boyds' Stocks or Stocky's Stocks for some cool looking laminate stocks that are an upgrade from the factory one at a pretty decent price.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by euro_racer
    Hey guys I recently purchased a Remington 700 Varmint in 308 to play with (impulse buy) and I am looking at changing out the stock as I hate the feel of the factory one.

So far I came up with two options:

1- B&C Medalist $244+shipping new. Had one on my Savage and loved it, had to wait 10 weeks for it which sucks (probably won't do much shooting during winter anyways so I suppose I can wait).

2- HS Precision Stock ~$200-250 on the forums, take-offs/slightly used, comes on a couple model 700's factory.

Which of those two would essentially get better accuracy and better build quality? Also if you have other brand to suggest feel free!
    I have a HS off my Remington 5R I can sell you for $250, mint condition. Great stock overall, cheek weld was a little low for me and my scope set up so I added a Black Hawk pad.

My buddy has a B&C Gold Medalist, nice stock overall. I wouldn't hesitate to order one if I was looking around in that price range.

In terms of performance, my buddy and I both shoot 5Rs. Mine out of the stock HS and him out of the B&C Gold Medalist. We both hand load and I have managed better groups at 350 yards than him. What does all of this mean? Not much, both are very good stocks. With a good bedding job either would perform just as well as an A-5 or more expensive stock.

If you want something really specially look at the SABER-FORSST chassis, it's amazing.

http://www.ashburyprecisionordnance....hassis-system/
    Last edited by KRyn; 11-20-2013 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

quick question. If i pick up a mossberg 715T 22LR ar style rifle, can I go on crown land and kill vermin? (i.e. pigeons and gophers?) It is not a restricted firearm so I would think you could head out in the bush and do some target shooting etc?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by littledan
    quick question. If i pick up a mossberg 715T 22LR ar style rifle, can I go on crown land and kill vermin? (i.e. pigeons and gophers?) It is not a restricted firearm so I would think you could head out in the bush and do some target shooting etc?
    Yeah, as far as I know this is no problem at all. If it's non-restricted it's fair game on crown land.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Correct, if the rifle is non-restricted you can take it to crown land. Grab a copy of the 2013-2014 hunting regulations so you know what is legal game and what isn't.

Yes, upgrade to a Tavor instead

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

sounds good guys thanks! I also heard they will be introducing mandatory courses before getting your first hunting tag next year. better to buy one this year and get grandfathered in!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride

Originally posted by KRyn

I have a HS off my Remington 5R I can sell you for $250, mint condition. Great stock overall, cheek weld was a little low for me and my scope set up so I added a Black Hawk pad.
    thanks for the insight, it's good to hear from someone with first hand experience on both. pm'd you

My Ride

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Have a look at Boyds' Stocks or Stocky's Stocks for some cool looking laminate stocks that are an upgrade from the factory one at a pretty decent price.
    Stocky's does not ship to Canada and Boyds ships only items under $100 unfortunately

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by euro_racer

Stocky's does not ship to Canada and Boyds ships only items under $100 unfortunately
    Ah, you're right about Stocky's, but Boyds' is okay:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conten...lcustomers.htm

My Ride

Ah, you're right about Stocky's, but Boyds' is okay:

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conten...lcustomers.htm
    Only problem with Boyd is that for my application they only have the varmint thumb-hole for under $100 which I personally am not a fan of. They also have the tacticool style for $109 but can't ship it to Canada

" We cannot ship product valued over $100 out of the United States and any international orders over the $100.00 limit will be cancelled."

Anyone have experience with McMillan stocks? Where to buy?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Are you sure? It even says right there on the page:

Canadian customers can now place orders up to $500.00 without export licensing!
    We CAN ONLY Ship to the Following Countries:
    Canada (Product value limit increased to $500.00 without export licensing)

sounds good guys thanks! I also heard they will be introducing mandatory courses before getting your first hunting tag next year. better to buy one this year and get grandfathered in!
    So I should just go to cdn tire and apply for a win and get a tag? I thought you had to do a course

My Ride

Are you sure? It even says right there on the page:

Wow, you are right! They must have just changed that recently because when I was looking for a hunting stock on my Savage just a couple months ago the limit was $100 for Canada also... good to know!

Even the FAQ still says $100 and when I dig further I found this on another page... "Canadian customers can now place orders up to $500.00 without export licensing!
    Canada (Product value limit increased to $500.00 without export licensing)"

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by elite

So I should just go to cdn tire and apply for a win and get a tag? I thought you had to do a course

You technically have to do the course to receive your WIN card. Unfortunately, there is currently a loop hole and some guys lie on their application. I strongly discourage you and the other poster from doing so. There are already enough idiots running around the bushes with firearms. Next year the licencing program will change and it will be mandatory for everyone applying for a WIN card to provide proof they completed their hunters education course.
    The course is very informative and I suggest all new hunters take it.

Anyone running an optic on there shotty.

Thinking about at Leopoldo DeltaPoint for my Mossberg

Looking for a new rifle. Wheres a good place to get a left handed one online in canada? Savage makes quite a few but it seems quite hard to find them for sale.

Page 67 of 128 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast