Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Wristshots

Originally posted by Tomaz
    I don't mind hosting more than one day. Original plan still works for me next weekend. If people can make it, great! If some people cannot, there is always the next one!
    Saturday, June 25, 10am works for me. If attending, I'll bring a SxS 12 gauge, a single shot 36 gauge and I can bring a rifle or two.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That is truly a beautiful gun. Very nice!

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Alright,

So It looks like the weather just might hold out for us this coming weekend! Fingers crossed, we will have a warm and sunny day!

Some questions have been sent to me, so I will post up some notes:

Centerfire weapons - Some people have asked if they can bring out rifles and other larger caliber firearms. The answer is yes! Feel free to bring them out and show them off. My "range" was only made for plinking and skeet, so firing centerfire arms might be a bit of a problem as there is farming going on around my property. If nobody is out in the far field, then I have no problems letting the big boys play.

Ammo and clay supply - I have one box of clays and one crate of 2 3/4" shells. That cant supply everybody, so it is suggested that you bring out what you can. Wholesale has clays on sale for $16/box and federal 2 3/4 target-load shells for about $55/crate.

Food - if you plan on shooting for a few hours, I would bring a snack of some kind. Closest towns for lunch are Chestermere, Strathmore, and Langdon, which are all about 10-15 mins away from my house.

Directions - If you have not been out to my place before, or need directions, PM/email me and I will give you a map/google link. Getting out there is pretty easy as I live off the HWY 1. BTW, I live on dirt road, so lowered vehicles should enter with caution.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Alright,

So It looks like the weather just might hold out for us this coming weekend! Fingers crossed, we will have a warm and sunny day!

Some questions have been sent to me, so I will post up some notes:

Centerfire weapons - Some people have asked if they can bring out rifles and other larger caliber firearms. The answer is yes! Feel free to bring them out and show them off. My "range" was only made for plinking and skeet, so firing centerfire arms might be a bit of a problem as there is farming going on around my property. If nobody is out in the far field, then I have no problems letting the big boys play.

Ammo and clay supply - I have one box of clays and one crate of 2 3/4" shells. That cant supply everybody, so it is suggested that you bring out what you can. Wholesale has clays on sale for $16/box and federal 2 3/4 target-load shells for about $55/crate.

Food - if you plan on shooting for a few hours, I would bring a snack of some kind. Closest towns for lunch are Chestermere, Strathmore, and Langdon, which are all about 10-15 mins away from my house.

Directions - If you have not been out to my place before, or need directions, PM/email me and I will give you a map/google link. Getting out there is pretty easy as I live off the HWY 1. BTW, I live on dirt road, so lowered vehicles should enter with caution.
    Sad I'll miss it. Have fun boys. We'll get another shoot in sometime soon.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by freshprince1

Sad I'll miss it. Have fun boys. We'll get another shoot in sometime soon.
    Don't worry mate, I am sure there will be plenty more in the near future!
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

24 HOUR NOTICE

Clay shooting is tomorrow at 10am! who is coming out?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride

24 HOUR NOTICE

Clay shooting is tomorrow at 10am! who is coming out?

How did the shoot go? Any pictures?
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

The shoot went well! No beyonders came out, but I still had a few friends out. I only have 2 pics of my own. My friend took more, but it will take some time before those will be posted up.

just to wet your appetite:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Just about 1000 rounds were spent that day:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I'll post more once they are up.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

The shoot went well! No beyonders came out, but I still had a few friends out. I only have 2 pics of my own. My friend took more, but it will take some time before those will be posted up.

just to wet your appetite:

I'll post more once they are up.
    If I came out and brought beer & money for shells, do you think someone would let me use their gun for some clays? I only have a pistol, which I obviously can't use on your property .

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

yeah, of course Mitsu! I'm all about sharing the wealth.

Plus you can bring your "very small shotgun" if you wanted to lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

yeah, of course Mitsu! I'm all about sharing the wealth.

Plus you can bring your "very small shotgun" if you wanted to lol
    Sweet, I'll try make it out at least once.

Tomaz, I think it's great that you would offer up your place like this, please keep me posted on the next time, I'll definitely try and make it out.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Fuck I can never seem to get free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Picked up my first plinker: Savage Arms 93R17 BTVS.

Now I just need a place to sight it in and shoot off a couple boxes of ammo.

Any reloaders on beyond here? I'm looking to reload as a hobby and as a way to make shooting some of the larger caliber rifles more affordable.

Any general tips/tricks that anyone could provide? The process doesn't seem too complex, just seems to require significant attention to detail and common sense to avoid injury.

My Ride

Did a little shooting a couple weeks ago with the Stoeger:

Before:

After:

freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Wristshots

Nice shot, freshprince1!

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    Any reloaders on beyond here? I'm looking to reload as a hobby and as a way to make shooting some of the larger caliber rifles more affordable.

Any general tips/tricks that anyone could provide? The process doesn't seem too complex, just seems to require significant attention to detail and common sense to avoid injury.
    I use an old Lee Classic reloader to reload for my .30-06, and I have a Lee Loadmaster progressive to reload .45ACP

I enjoy it. Haven't done much this year because I haven't been shooting much and I haven't bought a new .45 yet so I haven't had much need.

I think I can do about 40 rounds an hour at a leisurely pace on the .30-06, and about 400 rounds an hour on the progressive.

Get yourself a sturdy bench or table. Get your powder loads on a scale on a regular basis, but don't get ridiculous with it. I'll typically pour and check every 10th cartridge on the .30-06.
    Figure out a system, and know where "Stop points" are. One of the most common mistakes made on reloaders is because of this. If you pour your powder, and the phone rings, when you come back you might restart by pouring the powder and end up with a double charge. I firmly believe that having established safe stop work procedures will avoid double charges and most every other type of error.

And it goes without saying, but booze and high explosives generally shouldn't mix.

Happy to help if you have any questions, not that I'm claiming to be an expert.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS

I use an old Lee Classic reloader to reload for my .30-06, and I have a Lee Loadmaster progressive to reload .45ACP

I enjoy it. Haven't done much this year because I haven't been shooting much and I haven't bought a new .45 yet so I haven't had much need.

I think I can do about 40 rounds an hour at a leisurely pace on the .30-06, and about 400 rounds an hour on the progressive.

Get yourself a sturdy bench or table. Get your powder loads on a scale on a regular basis, but don't get ridiculous with it. I'll typically pour and check every 10th cartridge on the .30-06.
    Figure out a system, and know where "Stop points" are. One of the most common mistakes made on reloaders is because of this. If you pour your powder, and the phone rings, when you come back you might restart by pouring the powder and end up with a double charge. I firmly believe that having established safe stop work procedures will avoid double charges and most every other type of error.

And it goes without saying, but booze and high explosives generally shouldn't mix.

Happy to help if you have any questions, not that I'm claiming to be an expert.
    Thanks for the response. Any suggestions on how best to allocate funds equipment wise?

The reading I've done seems to suggest that a high quality digital scale is a must (and it seems like most common errors can be caught with a good scale and frequent weighing) It also seems like it would be worth it to invest in carbide dies so that I can avoid messing around with case lubricants, etc.

The progressive presses seem to make things quicker, but do you notice any other real benefit? More consistent loading?

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

It depends on what your goals are.
    If you're reloading for rifles only, I wouldn't go with a progressive. You just don't need that kind of capacity.
    If you're trying to get better than factory loads and save a little dough (like I am), you don't need to spend too much.
    Get a decent powder scale (don't worry about digital unless you just want to spend money), a single stage press, and a quality set of dies.
    If you want to experiment with it a bit without spending a bunch of cash, a Lee Loader will give you a good quality round and cost about $40 for the kit. You can't tailor the loads very much with this setup, but it does produce consistent, quality ammo.

With a little patience, and an understanding of what you're doing, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever you can't get as good a round from a $150 setup as from an $800 setup.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Page 21 of 128 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast