Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 94 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

Originally posted by birdman86
    Anybody know if TSE or CSC rent out stuff to zero a scope? Gun stand, level, whatever?
    Was just at CSC on Canada Day. They have a nice sight in sled and table extenders (you place it on the lane bench to give you more room for the sled). Used it to sight in my new .308 and AR-15

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    Just got my rifle put together and I'm in love. Feels really good to handle, just need to pick up a bipod and she's done! Time to get some range time in to sight in the optics.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Someone showed me who you are on Instrgram, sorry feels like I've been staring you the few times I've seen you at the range. Just that you got really cool slick hair all the time.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Someone showed me who you are on Instrgram, sorry feels like I've been staring you the few times I've seen you at the range. Just that you got really cool slick hair all the time.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! come say hi next time, i'll even let you have a go with my rifle. i was at CSC today, were you there? I only know max_boost's face.
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 07-02-2015 at 05:35 PM.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by l/l/rX

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! come say hi next time, i'll even let you have a go with my rifle. i was at CSC today, were you there? I only know max_boost's face.
    Yeah that's what prompt the post. You were with that white dude in the first gallery, bay 5. The Burnette with the 34F was the one that told me about you.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 07-02-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Yeah that's what prompt the post. You were with that white dude in the first gallery, bay 5. The Burnette with the 38D was the one that told me about you.
    Haha gotcha. Yea I was just taking my buddy shooting for the first time. Say hi though, always interested in checking out everyone's arsenal!

Anyone follow the buzzfeed channel? Holy hell, the gun safety at this range makes me cringe. @2:15 the guy accidentally discharges his ar-15 when the range officer was showing him how to flip the safety off because his finger was on the trigger.

Before I got my gun license, every single range officer, branded it into my head, finger off the trigger when you're not shooting and always point the gun down range at all times.

Same range, after everyone has fired their round they all turn around to look at the camera and say their "WOAHS" with their finger on the trigger and pointing their guns around aimlessly. Jesus... fucking the worst range officers/ safety regs.

Even when I take my friends who are first time shooters, no magazine in the gun and their finger is on the trigger, i hound them always to not have it in the trigger guard. /rant
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 07-11-2015 at 07:01 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

My PAL came in the mail a couple of weeks ago so on the weekend I picked up a Beretta A300 Outlander Synthetic. Was originally interested in a Supernova, but after using a semiauto a bit wanted one of those and the Beretta seemed like a nice option. Now I just need to pick up some cleaning stuff/ammo and take it out to Silverwillow

My Ride
    Grimace

Cabela's has Challenger 2 3/4 target load #7.5, 8, 9 for $6 a box or $60/case. Good deal, picked up a couple today. Super busy though

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Strange I had to search Google for this thread. Internal search wouldn't pick it up....

Anyhow, just read today they've closed down the Homestead range by Sibbald. I figured it was just a matter of time before those idiots who shot up the signs and surroundings put an end to everyone's fun. Idiots.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yup pretty ridiculous. I need to make a call on this hobby soon as to if I should get a membership to a range or consider paring down my collection.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Is anyone a member at Homestead? Wondering if it's worth the membership.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by B69
    Is anyone a member at Homestead? Wondering if it's worth the membership.
    Good luck getting in. The only club worth getting involved with is an old boys club with very limited membership and an executive that caters to a select few. They also have a bunch of ridiculous rules and requirements you have to abide by in order to use the facilities.
    Last edited by KRyn; 11-02-2015 at 11:20 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I looked into BTSA, which i think is the only one of the APRA range clubs you can actually get into, at least historically, and I really didn't like the feel I had when i was there.

I volunteered at a few of their youth events on behalf of UCFA, where I also got to use the range a bit afterwards, and the majority of the people there put a really really bad taste in my mouth. Definition fuds who have no interest in furthering the sport for others and their rules were pretty asinine. Not that I am the kind of person who is unsafe at a range but just weird rules ( which they themselves didn't follow) but would yell at the volunteers and kids for not following and without being told. Also a bunch of sarcastic fucks when you actually did ask them what the rules were or whatever. Just little man complexes all around really.

To be fair the guy who was running the youth vent was a fantastic guy, spent some time shooting the shit with him over some hot dogs and stuff and we played with a few of my rarer guns. Good guy. But i could never join a club where i can't stand 80% of the members.

So not sure if that's the same group that KRyn is mentioning.

I'll just join an indoor range in Calgary or something

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    bus

Calgary district target shooters is where u guys should join. The Shepard range is inside the city limits and is very well run.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by redblack
    Calgary district target shooters is where u guys should join. The Shepard range is inside the city limits and is very well run.
    From their site:

CDTSA Website
    Membership has been capped for the remainder of 2015. We will be accepting a limited number of applications for 2016 in the near future. Please check back with us.
    Finding a reasonable range is such a chore nowadays, and I'm not aware of any drop-in ranges that have a rifle range. I needed to sight my deer gun (Browning X-bolt .30-06) on the weekend and just ended up going out to crown land and finding a remote area and a safe backstop.

CDTSA is okay, if you are single.

If you want to bring someone you only get five passes (i think)

The GF and I go shooting quite a bit and its just not worth it in the end.

- The drive
    - weather
    - CDTSA rules, they accepted my application once in june and I was told to pay the full year...

Maybe i will join them if i get into long range shooting though
    Last edited by GQBalla; 11-03-2015 at 11:10 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

One of my big problems is that I am more interested in just having a range membership. But less interested in being involved in a club. I tried the gun club thing and it is exhausting, esp the politics of it.

I just want to go enjoy my hobby in a secure location, where i can bring a friend or 2 along and enjoy my day. Not host or be involved in competitions or lobby the government or really just have responsibilities to the club. I just want to pay my fee for the year, and show up to do what I want when I want.

Similar to CSC but outdoor as well. The US has lots of ranges like that. Here in Canada it seems like you have to be full on gun nut crazy where this is a huge portion of your life just to have a safe place to shoot.

fact.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Shit.... when I visit Kamloops, my buddy and I just drive 10 minutes out with his 4X4 behind Bachelor Heights and shoot on crown land. So convenient.

Really wondering why I bothered buying my JR Carbine. Guess I just like guns.

Homestead (sibbald flats) is going to be closed forever coming this new year.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/11/01...shooting-range

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^csb

fact.

Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast