Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 49 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 49 of 128 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by happydude

Nope, I picked the SKS up from Wholesale Sports and a crate of non-corrosive ammo from Calgary Shooting Centre.

I mostly wanted to hold one before I bought it and ended up just picking one up while I was there. The MarStar one w/ ammo looks like a pretty good deal, though I wonder what shipping looks like on it.

Price on the non-corrosive ammo?

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Originally posted by legendboy

PM me some details, probably grab it
    PM sent

My Ride
    '12 Ram 1500

Originally posted by KRyn

Price on the non-corrosive ammo?
    Think it was around $280 for a 1400 round box.

This was about a month ago.

Question:

Has any used the 12 gauge rental shotgun at Shooting Edge?

When I load it, I often either hurt my finger or misload it.

Does this happen with all PA shotguns? I find it really annoying and although more practice would help, even the range officers seem to struggle with it.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Certainly not all PA shotguns. Mine loads perfectly and has only caused me pain in the shoulder from repeated shootings.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Certainly not all PA shotguns. Mine loads perfectly and has only caused me pain in the shoulder from repeated shootings.

I'm not sure what Shooting Edge has for a rental 12ga, but my Remington 870 hasn't given me any problems.

My Ride
    '12 Ram 1500

Originally posted by Hamann

I'm not sure what Shooting Edge has for a rental 12ga, but my Remington 870 hasn't given me any problems.
    Same here. I have a Winchester 1200 Defender that's a few decades old and it loads very easily.

Also, does anyone have experience at the Homestead range? I've heard the public ranges are a gong show, though does anyone have a membership to the APRA or BTSA private ranges? Sounds like entry to them is controlled via an electronic key, which made me wonder if they may be a decent place to shoot at moderately long range.
    Last edited by happydude; 11-14-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Cool thanks. Theirs must be crappy.

Same here. I have a Winchester 1200 Defender that's a few decades old and it loads very easily.

Also, does anyone have experience at the Homestead range? I've heard the public ranges are a gong show, though does anyone have a membership to the APRA or BTSA private ranges? Sounds like entry to them is controlled via an electronic key, which made me wonder if they may be a decent place to shoot at moderately long range.
    I've been going to Homestead since the beginning of last summer, so far I haven't encountered any problem's. If you go on a weekend or a holiday it can be quite busy, this seems to be more of a problem with the rifle range and not so much with the shotgun range. Like anything that's free there are bound to be people that abuse it, quite a few people are to lazy to clean up after themselves. I couldn't care less if you want to shoot 12ga slugs through a car door, but when you're done throw it into the dumpster that's sitting right there.

Everytime I've gone people have been good for communicating downtime to set-up targets etc down range. I've heard some horror stories about being down range and looking back to see someone staring at you through their scope but nothing of the sort has happened to me.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

I've been contemplating the Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle for awhile now, anyone have any experience with it:

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
    Question:

Has any used the 12 gauge rental shotgun at Shooting Edge?

When I load it, I often either hurt my finger or misload it.

Does this happen with all PA shotguns? I find it really annoying and although more practice would help, even the range officers seem to struggle with it.
    They have a fabarm martial ultra short (assuming you used the nickel played short one?)
    In my opinion they make terrible firearms.
    My personal favourite PA 12g is a mossberg 590a1 with 18.5" barrel. Great all around gun.

Originally posted by vengie

They have a fabarm martial ultra short (assuming you used the nickel played short one?)
    In my opinion they make terrible firearms.
    My personal favourite PA 12g is a mossberg 590a1 with 18.5" barrel. Great all around gun.
    Yeah that's the one.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I've been to the homestead shotgun "range". Really, it's just a big open area with sixteen thousand old spent shells lying on the ground, debris previous people brought to shoot up, and a dumpster on the left. It's hardly fancy - but probably the closest and cheapest place most people can fire off their shotguns legally.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

ok, some totally random questions here.

Lets play this out by scenarios:

1) You have purchased a gun you liked, over the course of the next few years, you put a ton of rounds through it, but now you want to upgrade, and no longer want this particular one. Can you sell this privately? Can you post them on Kijiji or beyond? Do you need to do anything to sell it?

2) Disposal of a firearm. Your gun overtime just gets run down, nothing works properly any more, looks like crap, pieces have worn down. You decide it is better to just get rid of it. How would you? I don't think you can just toss them in the trash...

is there a resource out there for selling and trading used firearms?
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by spikers
    1) You have purchased a gun you liked, over the course of the next few years, you put a ton of rounds through it, but now you want to upgrade, and no longer want this particular one. Can you sell this privately? Can you post them on Kijiji or beyond? Do you need to do anything to sell it?
    Non restricted firearms can be sold without having to do any paper work. Assuming the person you are selling to has a PAL in good standing there is nothing to worry about. Selling a restriced firearm requires both party members to contact the RCMP and fill out a few pieces of paper and wait for the legal transfer to go through.

2) Disposal of a firearm. Your gun overtime just gets run down, nothing works properly any more, looks like crap, pieces have worn down. You decide it is better to just get rid of it. How would you? I don't think you can just toss them in the trash... is there a resource out there for selling and trading used firearms?
    I would assume most if not all places that sell firearms would take old and unwanted guns. If not you could always drop off an unwated firearm at any police station (just call in advance).

canadiangunnutz.com/
    outdoorsmenforum.ca/
    Both of the above are great places to buy/sell new/used firearms.
    Last edited by KRyn; 11-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

1) Can you post them on Kijiji or beyond?
    People have posted and sold firearms on here before so that shouldn't be an issue, after all it's the buyer and seller's responsibility to ensure the transaction goes through correctly (and legally). I haven't looked it up, but I've always assumed they have some sort of rule against firearms just because there's never any for sale on there. I could be wrong though.

2) Disposal of a firearm. Your gun overtime just gets run down, nothing works properly any more, looks like crap, pieces have worn down. You decide it is better to just get rid of it. How would you? I don't think you can just toss them in the trash...
    There will always be someone wanting crap. Once in a while people on CGN put up WTBs for broken and unused firearms. I'm pretty sure there would be some way to legally dispose of it. Just call the RCMP and they'll tell you. Worse comes to worse, you could donate it to some group or company that uses it for training purposes.

is there a resource out there for selling and trading used firearms?
    I'm always lurking on CGN looking for deals haha

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Granted this was 5-10 years ago, but my Grandma called ahead and took my Grandpas old hunting guns to the RCMP for disposal.
    They were very helpful about it and even recommended keeping some of the older ones with pedigree. (Old WW1/2 Military Police type) She ended up donating a few to the Drumheller Museum as a few of the guns used to belong to my Great Great Grandpa who was one of the original Sheriffs (or whatever the title is) when Drumheller was formed.
    I believe we still have his 1903 Colt Hammerless in a safety deposit box somewhere..

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Anybody own or has owned Norinco 1911's?

I saw shooting edge got a batch in right now for a decent price...

Are they still hit and miss with their models or has the quality gone up (or down)?

I know some of them come with a lot of play in the slide or issues such as jamming.

Havent tried one^ but read up on norinco around the net, its an interesting company when you dig into it and what all they reach into.

edit.. actually I see their wiki page is pretty stripped nowadays.. Used to be some crazy stuff about them vs the US and other countries.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 11-28-2012 at 08:13 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I've shot one, definitely nothing like the better manufacturers 1911's, but they're actually not horrible. They need some tweaks, the sights seem to want to come loose, etc. but you pull the trigger, they go boom, and the bullet goes in the right direction.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Page 49 of 128 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast