Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 121 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

Went up to a buddies in GP a weekend before last and blew through almost 600 rounds at the range... Was a great time!

Name:  F215F684-34C0-450F-86DD-7604C48FD106.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  AD569F77-FED0-49CB-B758-7EB49FF182A1.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  252.7 KB
    Name:  9DF0AC77-A59F-42C1-86FB-E9A46330084A.jpeg
Views: 503
Size:  472.1 KB
    Name:  8198C715-AF4E-4A94-94B6-C084D310B062.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  119.7 KB

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by bigboom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, my first purchases were two months because I just let the CFO work. On my second set of purchases I called after 2 weeks and I should have both in my hands this week!

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, care to share what the purchases were? Always love living vicariously through others...
    It was actually kinda funny. I called just out of curiousity on how long it'll take. I finally get through (after like 8 minutes on hold and a couple where it would hang up on me at like 4 minutes), the operator says "I'll check, please hold". While I'm on hold, I get the approval email. So I imagine it sits in a queue for a long time. Assuming there's no red flags or anything, they let you jump the line and approve it on the spot.

Sig P320. Though finding extra mags right now is apparently impossible.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

@tirebob is that a colt python? I've been looking high and low for one as my wheel gun for my collection but haven't been able to find a decent price one. Nice collection!

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

@tirebob is that a colt python? I've been looking high and low for one as my wheel gun for my collection but haven't been able to find a decent price one. Nice collection!
    Looks like a S&W 686 to me... but I could be wrong. The logo/crest is in the wrong spot.

@bigboom In that group is a Colt Python .357mag, Colt Anaconda .44mag, Sig X5 9mm, Sig 220 .45ACP, Sig P226 .40S&W, and a Sig P229 in 9MM.

I wish I could take credit for owning the collection, but these were all a sampling from my buddies collection. He has some serious hardware with over 50 pieces in total. He just sold off a nickel Python in .357mag and you are right... They do not go cheap! He has a very discerning eye and anyone who is lucky enough to get a piece from him will get something of amazing quality and condition. The ones I posted are just his regular shooters. He has some ridiculous stuff that only gets touched while wearing white gloves haha!

This is an extremely rare factory built piece. One of the rarest ever made actually. As in one of one... Well one of twelve but it was one in each province and territory (at the time). Ivory grips are so sexy!

Name:  FFD154F5-53DE-4770-920D-D985F2F5525A.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  214.3 KB
    Name:  0C671B59-0D7C-4C6F-B01B-4B9407079835.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  271.9 KB
    Last edited by tirebob; 10-11-2022 at 09:49 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Does anyone know if x9026 is just for transfers?

My friend and I did the course at the same time and sent our applications in at the same time. Over the course of the summer she ended up losing her wallet and had to replace the credit card that she had put on her application. She called in July to call in a new credit card number but they said they didn't have her application in the system yet, and it wasn't until I got my license in early-September that it was in the system and she was finally able to update the credit card info.

Now it's been over a month and she hasn't gotten her card yet, so we're wondering if her invalid credit card info pushed her to the very back of the line. Maybe x9026 would help?

They will probably try to contact her when they start processing her application and she can correct it then, but if they can't reach her then it will go down the pile I am betting.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

That looks fun, I don't own a handgun

- - - Updated - - -

Tirebob that looks like such a good time, just so annoying owning them! Do you leave them at the range, fill out all transport documentation?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Auth to transport is automatic for to and from the range, no paperwork needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Auth to transport is automatic for to and from the range, no paperwork needed.
    ^^^This^^^

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Longshot - does anyone have any Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr, 308 cal?
    Cabelas showing lots of stock but have, in fact, none. And I just fired my last 18 getting my scope dialed.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    They will probably try to contact her when they start processing her application and she can correct it then, but if they can't reach her then it will go down the pile I am betting.
    She called again after I got my license and they were able to update her cc information. It's been over a month now. They've charged her cc for the application fee but it only took me 3 weeks from application fee to receiving it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    She called again after I got my license and they were able to update her cc information. It's been over a month now. They've charged her cc for the application fee but it only took me 3 weeks from application fee to receiving it in the mail.
    You got lucky from what most people are experiencing… Nothing to really do but hang in there and watch the website waiting for the approval,

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Too bad 7.62x51 is so god damn expensive...

Edit:

Now regretting not getting my RPAL at the same time this year.

Is it still worth it? I wasn't into the amount of BS required to own handguns, but then I saw the HK G28 and now I'm motivated.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Isn’t an RPAL basically a fart in the tub in 2022 anyway

I get there are some guns you can get under restricted now, but 95% of them are frozen/banned and the remaining 5% seem like a matter of time to me.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    Too bad 7.62x51 is so god damn expensive...

Edit:

Now regretting not getting my RPAL at the same time this year.

Is it still worth it? I wasn't into the amount of BS required to own handguns, but then I saw the HK G28 and now I'm motivated.
    It is just a shitshow getting one these days, but no stress owning it once the paperwork is done. The turd created a swell in handgun purchases like nothing ever seen so what used to take a few minutes time on a phone call and a day or two waiting for an ATT now take power calling hoping to get through and sometimes having to continue power calling for days/weeks on end and then waiting easily a month or more for the ATT to come through. If you buy from a dealer instead of privately it is easier because they can still submit paperwork electronically, but it still takes a long time compared to what was normal, and inventory is low everywhere.

Is it worth it? If you like shooting than of course it is, and if you don't get your rpal soon you might find you eventually never can. The more of us who do have them the harder it is for them to justify stopping the ability as they see more and more people who are enthusiasts and also voters.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Isn’t an RPAL basically a fart in the tub in 2022 anyway

I get there are some guns you can get under restricted now, but 95% of them are frozen/banned and the remaining 5% seem like a matter of time to me.
    My understanding is that the appeal is mainly handguns, but you can also get SBR's, like a Bren 2. Then I found out we have these bizarre firearm laws (compared to the USA) - where we can own military spec rifles (see HK G28 - Restricted) - along with the G36 (Non-restricted) <---- you'll never get your hands on these (genuine) in the states.

Damn, the G28 is cool. $15k+ if you can find one though.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    It is just a shitshow getting one these days, but no stress owning it once the paperwork is done. The turd created a swell in handgun purchases like nothing ever seen so what used to take a few minutes time on a phone call and a day or two waiting for an ATT now take power calling hoping to get through and sometimes having to continue power calling for days/weeks on end and then waiting easily a month or more for the ATT to come through. If you buy from a dealer instead of privately it is easier because they can still submit paperwork electronically, but it still takes a long time compared to what was normal, and inventory is low everywhere.

Is it worth it? If you like shooting than of course it is, and if you don't get your rpal soon you might find you eventually never can. The more of us who do have them the harder it is for them to justify stopping the ability as they see more and more people who are enthusiasts and also voters.

Thanks for the motivation - gonna sign up now
    Last edited by zipdoa; 10-17-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    My understanding is that the appeal is mainly handguns, but you can also get SBR's, like a Bren 2. Then I found out we have these bizarre firearm laws (compared to the USA) - where we can own military spec rifles (see HK G28 - Restricted) - along with the G36 (Non-restricted) <---- you'll never get your hands on these (genuine) in the states.

Damn, the G28 is cool. $15k+ if you can find one though.

I figure with the restricted you might as well just get it. As mentioned there are more than handguns that fall under restricted for now, yes the govt is looking at expanding the ban list but right now i think theres some question marks in regards to what is going to happen with it. AB, MB, SK, NB and the Yukon have said they will not enforce the collection of these rifles so I'm wondering what this might look like moving forward. Theres some cool SBR's that you can get with the restricted like the APC and Bren2 that I would love to get my hands on.

CSC has a G36 on consignment right now for $12k for anyone interested.

The Tavor7 is awesome, other than that I think the only other semi in Canada in a .308 is the APC and the Tavor7 is fully ambi, great for a lefty like me and that way I only need to stock .308 as I use that as my hunting round as well. I've been eyeing the x95 as well, Tenda has them on sale for October at a pretty decent price other than the left hand issue, I'd have to buy the bolt and convert it, cheaper ammo too.
    @sexualbanana x9026 I believe is the direct extension to the AB CFO so they can handle more than just transfers, will be calling it all day today to process a transfer

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Government froze my handgun or some shit
    Idk I can't read
    Name:  police-mm-pistol-gun-frozen-bucket-crushed-ice-cubes-concept-extremely-low-temperatures-weapon-t.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  71.0 KB

Apparently it's the 9th of November now...

Page 121 of 128 FirstFirst ... 111 120 121 122 ... LastLast