Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

Originally posted by l/l/rX

do you recall what which company?
    http://www.p-d-ent.com/

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

I recently built a 10/22 with the Archangel 556 stock kit, but I need some sort of optics for it. I'm open to a sight or a scope, but something that fits the tactical look of the firearm and will mount to the Picatinny rails on the stock. I don't want junk, but don't want to spend a fortune either as it's just a gopher gun after all. Suggestions?

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by elite

Yeah was looking for a sks but didn't see one decent enough to buy. I'd rather just grab a new one and clean it up myself. My buddy did pick up a norinco m305 for $550 which is not too bad a deal.
    At the show or TSE? I went to both and both locations had decent options. The $189 ones were at a table near the back where the gear retailers were. There were like 5 for sale I think. All looked in pretty good shape, but I didnt bother checking serial numbers to see if they matched. They had a couple SVT-40's which were decent. TSE had em for $199 IIRC.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by carson blocks
    I recently built a 10/22 with the Archangel 556 stock kit, but I need some sort of optics for it. I'm open to a sight or a scope, but something that fits the tactical look of the firearm and will mount to the Picatinny rails on the stock. I don't want junk, but don't want to spend a fortune either as it's just a gopher gun after all. Suggestions?
    Take a look at the Aimpoint T1. The real Aimpoint ones are fairly expensive ($400~), but their are some good replica's out their.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

Originally posted by DEATH2000

At the show or TSE? I went to both and both locations had decent options. The $189 ones were at a table near the back where the gear retailers were. There were like 5 for sale I think. All looked in pretty good shape, but I didnt bother checking serial numbers to see if they matched. They had a couple SVT-40's which were decent. TSE had em for $199 IIRC.
    I must have missed those. I might just go pick one up from wholesale as they go for $200 there. The only problem is cleaning them.

My Ride

Vortex Strikefire and Redfield Counterstrike come to mind! Both are a bargain for the money at around $220. Both are good quality with the Vortex having lifetime warranty and Redfield is made by Leopold. Both come with mounting rings.

My Ride

I have a picture of a Strikefire on my 10/22 on page 35. It's fun but on really bright days I find it a little hard to use. I would spend the extra few $$ and get a Vortex sparc over the strikefire if I was to do it again.

I don't get why it's almost like a religious dogma that you have to put a cheap sight on a 10/22. Don't get it at all. Buy an Eotech, Aimpoint or Trijicon. When it comes time to sell it, chances are you'll get what you paid for it and it will cost you nothing to own it. The only reason to get a cheaper sight is if you can't afford a more expensive one (very legitimate reason). To go cheap just because it goes on a 10/22 I just don't see where that comes from. Some people put insane money in their 10/22s Why not. Its cheap to shoot and extremely fun. Why is it ok to spend a crapload on an AR15 but not on a 10/22? Makes no logical sense as nobody here is using their guns to fight in a war or anything like that. Your modded up $5000 scar is just as legitimate of a fun shooting toy as a 10/22. Bottom line, a Vortex Sparc or Bushnell TRS-25 are very good low budget sights that would work on an AR15 or 10/22 equally well. Just like an aimpoint or eotech will work equally well on an AR15 or 10/22.

Originally posted by BigMass
    I don't get why it's almost like a religious dogma that you have to put a cheap sight on a 10/22. Don't get it at all. Buy an Eotech, Aimpoint or Trijicon. When it comes time to sell it, chances are you'll get what you paid for it and it will cost you nothing to own it. The only reason to get a cheaper sight is if you can't afford a more expensive one (very legitimate reason). To go cheap just because it goes on a 10/22 I just don't see where that comes from. Some people put insane money in their 10/22s Why not. Its cheap to shoot and extremely fun. Why is it ok to spend a crapload on an AR15 but not on a 10/22? Makes no logical sense as nobody here is using their guns to fight in a war or anything like that. Your modded up $5000 scar is just as legitimate of a fun shooting toy as a 10/22. Bottom line, a Vortex Sparc or Bushnell TRS-25 are very good low budget sights that would work on an AR15 or 10/22 equally well. Just like an aimpoint or eotech will work equally well on an AR15 or 10/22.
    well it's like buying a Benz and modding it vs Civic and modding it.

Does the same thing.

personal choice IMO

lol

i put a Vortex Strikefire on my KSG. Thinking about saving up for an EOtech though.

Ill just keep an eye out for sales.

TSEs 10 percent off for their EOtechs just put them on par for other online retailers is what i found.

Originally posted by GQBalla

well it's like buying a Benz and modding it vs Civic and modding it.
    its not like that at all. When you mod a benz you buy parts for a benz. When you mod a civic you buy parts for a civic. If you buy an Eotech, it's an Eotech whether you put it on a $10,000 gun or an airsoft. When it comes time to resell it you're better off with a good optic that doesn't depreciate at all and sometimes will actually go up in value depending on export restrictions. Personally I think for plinking, an Eotech on a lightweight 10/22 with a 110 round drum magazine that you can take anywhere in the woods with you is more valid than on an AR15 with a 5 round mag that you can only shoot inside a shooting range.

My Ride

its not like that at all. When you mod a benz you buy parts for a benz. When you mod a civic you buy parts for a civic. If you buy an Eotech, it's an Eotech whether you put it on a $10,000 gun or an airsoft. When it comes time to resell it you're better off with a good optic that doesn't depreciate at all and sometimes will actually go up in value depending on export restrictions. Personally I think for plinking, an Eotech on a lightweight 10/22 with a 110 round drum magazine that you can take anywhere in the woods with you is more valid than on an AR15 with a 5 round mag that you can only shoot inside a shooting range.
    It's like putting HRE or iforged wheels on a Civic.

10/22's and 22LR are cheap... That's why people buy them and put cheap sights on them. Most people just plink or gopher shoot with them and don't feel the need to strap a $1200 ACOG on their gopher gun.

Have you priced out an unrestricted semi auto center fire that's not a SKS and under 1k? There's not much. Stands to reason, the guy that can afford a Tavor, XCR, etc can afford some nicer glass

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

There are a few reasons I'm looking for a cheaper sight / scope.

1.This 10/22 was built tactical style, for a cheap, fun, short range plinker and is likely to be used for 25-50 yard shots on gophers. If the shot is longer, I'll likely reach for the other scoped 10/22, the scoped .223, or the SKS. I could be wrong, but I figured for such a short range, I didn't need absolute optical perfection.

2. The 10/22 is a rimfire, and less hard on scopes than a centerfire. A cheap scope would fall apart on my 7mm Rem Mag, but should last a lifetime on my little 10/22 if it doesn't die from being banged in to a tree or dropped first (see below reason).

3. This 10/22 is destined to be used by many friends, lent out, used to teach people how to shoot, and generally get used, abused, and beat up. Whatever optic I put on is likely to get mistreated and I'd rather not lose my shit over a $1000 scope getting beat up every time someone treats it less than gently.

4. I don't typically sell firearms, so I don't think about resale too much. The idea of putting a $500-$1000 scope on a $500 plinker just seemed wrong to me. To use the above Civic/Benz analogy, sure you can put $10k wheels on a Civic, and they retain some resale value, but it would seem ridiculous since the whole idea behind modding a Civic would be just cheap fun. $10k wheels on a $100k Benz doesn't seem so ridiculous.

5. I'm not building a max accuracy sniper rifle. It doesn't have a bull barrel, aftermarket trigger, etc. It's a bone stock 10/22 with some plastic shit bolted on the outside just for fun. I'd be fine with some sort of sight even, I just need something to aim with. I'm not hunting game, defending myself, or even seriously target shooting with this firearm, just throwing lead at gophers.

I can see your point about the 10/22 and can understand building up a 10/22 right as it's a hell of a platform and a blast to shoot. This isn't that gun though, it's a beater gun with a cheap shitty plastic Archangel stock and likely some cheap tacky plastic 'tactical' accessories just for a laugh. I don't want wal-mart junk, but I just need something to look through as a gun without a sight or scope isn't much good to anyone.

haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Compared to the artillery on this website, my new project is pretty tame.

I got a Winchester 1200 series shotgun for basically nothing. Original finish was beat to hell, scratched and in poor condition all over. Looked like this. (Top one)

So since this is my home security system, i decided to redo it. Minor barrel length reduction (no gangster stuff lol) a full dis assembly, sanding, coating and oiling)

Finished product:

I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Originally posted by civic_stylez

So since this is my home security system
    Looks real nice!

But.....I think you mean you will call the police if security is need right ?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by GQBalla

Looks real nice!

But.....I think you mean you will call the police if security is need right ?
    Absolutely... If its zombies, then maybe not so much...
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Originally posted by Anomaly

It's like putting HRE or iforged wheels on a Civic.

10/22's and 22LR are cheap... That's why people buy them and put cheap sights on them. Most people just plink or gopher shoot with them and don't feel the need to strap a $1200 ACOG on their gopher gun.
    People put Acogs on guns they can do a lot less with than a 10/22. All they can do on a restricted and an ACOG is shoot paper with it. Im just saying a good sight is a good sight and the type of gun you put it on is irrelevant. I'm also going to argue the average person that's not "In the Shit" is going to get more use out of an Eotech on a 10/22 than an Eotech on a paper puncher that only goes to a range. It seems to me that this "cheap sights on cheap guns" thing is more dogma than rational thought.

Originally posted by Anomaly

Have you priced out an unrestricted semi auto center fire that's not a SKS and under 1k? There's not much. Stands to reason, the guy that can afford a Tavor, XCR, etc can afford some nicer glass
    maybe, but to assume poor people buy 10/22 and rich people buy an XCR is false. Who's to say a rich person wouldn't enjoy shooting a 10/22 more than an XCR? Ive seen people crazy money into their 10/22s. Why not
    Last edited by BigMass; 04-23-2014 at 10:26 AM.

My Ride
    Lease

Any recommendations on 9mm ammo? Just for range shooting, novice. Glock17

Tia

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Any recommendations on 9mm ammo? Just for range shooting, novice. Glock17
    Anything cheap, doesn't matter the brand or quality, just whatever you can find that isn't expensive.
    American eagle is common so the price is usually decent.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Modelexis

Anything cheap, doesn't matter the brand or quality, just whatever you can find that isn't expensive.
    American eagle is common so the price is usually decent.
    You tried Canadian bdx?

Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast