Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 66 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Where's the best priced place for bulk ammo of .40 S&W?

Want to go shooting tonight.... That or cheapest place to pick up .40 ammo

Cheapest would be western munitions or canadian bdx available from Tse or CSC
    Check out
    http://customreloadingservice.com/reloaded.html

Good reviews. I've only used their 9mm, good stuff. Cheapest I found other then reloading yourself

Also check out proline shooters in inglewood. Their prices are usually decent

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Heads up for .22lr shooters.

Pro Line Shooters (calgary) has boxes of 500 standard velocity CCI .22lr for 30$ +gst

40 Grain
    1070 FPS

Not easy to find .22lr in bulk these days of decent quality for reasonable prices

Grab a box!
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Does anyone know where in Calgary I can find a Mossberg 930 semi auto 12ga with a 28" barrel? I can't find this anywhere except for in Edmonton...and it's all back ordered =(.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Where has everyone taken their PAL and RPAL? Looking for a date sometime at the end of October or in November.

Also, are SCAR/M4 variants able to be legally purchased in Canada in anything over .22?
    Last edited by FraserB; 09-22-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by FraserB
    Where has everyone taken their PAL and RPAL? Looking for a date sometime at the end of October or in November.
    I went to AHIEA (alberta hunters education something something). Seeing the course is by donation, you normally have to wait for availability. TSE and CSC have regular schedulaed courses, but they are usually a couple hundred bucks IIRC.

Also, are SCAR/M4 variants able to be legally purchased in Canada in anything over .22?
    Yes, but most, if not all of them, will be restricted meaning almost pointless in owning unless you plan on staying at the range a lot. Finding something like that in a non-restricted format is near impossible. Closest thing I could find is a Kel-Tec SU-16.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Robinson Arms XCR-M (.308), non restricted SCAR(ish) variant. I owned one, nice gun with decent accuracy shooting cheaper ammo. Lots for sale used, you could probably pick one up for around $2000.00. Being non restricted you can take it hunting.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Is Homestead the best public range to sight in a rifle on? I am getting a new scope mounted tonight and would like to get everything ready to head out hunting next weekend. Anywhere else that has a 100-200 yard rifle range?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by ramminghard
    Is Homestead the best public range to sight in a rifle on? I am getting a new scope mounted tonight and would like to get everything ready to head out hunting next weekend. Anywhere else that has a 100-200 yard rifle range?

Homestead is the only option that is close unfortunately. The public side of it is such a dump and is only 100 yards.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Contemplated starting a new thread since this is such a large thread but does anyone do any reloading? I do a lot of 1000m to 1500m shooting and this has become a wicked little hobby testing powder loads and different bullets. I reload for handgun too but just basic plinking loads. Can make 1000rounds of 9mm for about $150 and with the scarcity of cases of facorty its really paid off. For rifles its amazing the difference between factory ammo and making your own. At 1246 yards with factory 180gr federals its a 8-12 foot group. With my 208gr hornady a-max handloads I'm into 12 INCH groups. 338 at 2450y its about the same. (On days with good conditions and low miraging of course) There's something truly gratifying about hitting a torso sized target at over a kilometer away with ammo that you made. I recommend to everyone doing any sort of serious shooting to reload. Factory ammo sucks. Especially when you work price into it. 70bucks for 20 rounds of premium ammo versus making my own for under a buck a shot that shoots half MOA at those distances. Now to move to a 408...
    Travel

Thats awesome man!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Ben
    Contemplated starting a new thread since this is such a large thread but does anyone do any reloading? I do a lot of 1000m to 1500m shooting and this has become a wicked little hobby testing powder loads and different bullets. I reload for handgun too but just basic plinking loads. Can make 1000rounds of 9mm for about $150 and with the scarcity of cases of facorty its really paid off. For rifles its amazing the difference between factory ammo and making your own. At 1246 yards with factory 180gr federals its a 8-12 foot group. With my 208gr hornady a-max handloads I'm into 12 INCH groups. 338 at 2450y its about the same. (On days with good conditions and low miraging of course) There's something truly gratifying about hitting a torso sized target at over a kilometer away with ammo that you made. I recommend to everyone doing any sort of serious shooting to reload. Factory ammo sucks. Especially when you work price into it. 70bucks for 20 rounds of premium ammo versus making my own for under a buck a shot that shoots half MOA at those distances. Now to move to a 408...
    I just got into distance shooting and reloading this year. Unfortunately the supply of powders, bullets and primers in Calgary has been dismal. I managed to whip up a pretty decent recipe for my Rem 700 5R .308 that has me shooting around 1/2 MOA @ 100 and 300 when I did my job. As I only personally know of one spot somewhat close to Calgary where you can reach out to a 1000 yards I haven't had a chance to shoot further.

What kind of .338 are you shooting right now and where on earth are you reaching out to a mile?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I think anyone who does any sort of regular shooting should get into reloading in general, if not just for the cost in ammo savings alone. Perfecting your recipe is just an added bonus. dirty_sohc and I churned out about 1500 rounds of .357 in under 3 hours last weekend haha

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by KRyn

I just got into distance shooting and reloading this year. Unfortunately the supply of powders, bullets and primers in Calgary has been dismal. I managed to whip up a pretty decent recipe for my Rem 700 5R .308 that has me shooting around 1/2 MOA @ 100 and 300 when I did my job. As I only personally know of one spot somewhat close to Calgary where you can reach out to a 1000 yards I haven't had a chance to shoot further.

What kind of .338 are you shooting right now and where on earth are you reaching out to a mile?
    I have found for powder/primers/bullets I have resorted to ordering from online places in canada and getting into the car and making the drive to small town gun shops. Had better success in central ab. ATRS is also fairly reliable on the heavier bullets like 208g and 300g. They also build phenomenal custom rifles

As for where...crown land northwest of Calgary. ..takes some leg/quad work to find that perfect spot and hang steel/paint rocks but there's lots of spots to really reach out and test the limits. Make a day of it. Bring a good video camera so you can watch your bullet head to target. Nothing else like it.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I think anyone who does any sort of regular shooting should get into reloading in general, if not just for the cost in ammo savings alone. Perfecting your recipe is just an added bonus. dirty_sohc and I churned out about 1500 rounds of .357 in under 3 hours last weekend haha
    That's excellent! I would like to get a progressive press from dillon or hornady for doing that. Currently I just use a single stage which gets a little tedious but I'll just pour a drink and crank some tunes and make an evening of it.
    Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Group therapy

https://db.tt/Dj5aUH4q
    Travel

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Ben

As for where...crown land northwest of Calgary. ..takes some leg/quad work to find that perfect spot and hang steel/paint rocks but there's lots of spots to really reach out and test the limits. Make a day of it. Bring a good video camera so you can watch your bullet head to target. Nothing else like it.

Northwest you say? Ghost / Waiprous area? That is where I am currently going but I certainly haven't found any good locations to shoot at those distances. More leg work required next spring. We had numerous targets set up at our usual location. AR500 plates varying in size from 5" to 12" at distances from 500 to 1050 or so. It was in a bit of a valley so the wind really played tricks on you. If you are ever looking for some company or someone to lug that .338 of your around I know a guy that would be interested.

I have dealt with the guys from ATRS on a few occasion. Super helpful and they always give me good advice and suggestions on how to improve my shooting. I hear good things about the rigs they build. I have some plans for my 700 next spring to help me out in the accuracy department.

A new thread strictly for reloading should be started.
    Last edited by KRyn; 10-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by KRyn

Northwest you say? Ghost / Waiprous area?
    There are good spots in there if you just detour off the main trunk road and investigate Cutlines and well sites. I never go on weekends due to how many people go out there. Last thing I need is some clown on a quad driving out into view while the bullet heads to target. Typically I'll head north of that. Further away from the city the less people I encounter and I don't need someone who doesn't know gun laws getting upset. Its amazing how many people in this country have no idea what you can and can't do. North of waiprous is good for shotguns and my 22s but i get as far north as possible with the cannon.
    Travel

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Anybody interested in trading at all?

Looking for a nice 1911 (no norincos)

Will trade my glock 22 gen 4 (800 rounds through) comes with 3 mags, a holster and original case

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Anyone know if that fella/group that does the PAL course still work on a donation basis? Can't for the life of me remember the name.
    Ultracrepidarian

Aheia

Alberta hunters something. I believe they charge now.

Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 56 65 66 67 76 ... LastLast