The Gun Thread - Page 108 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 108 of 128 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m a bit skittish about putting real money down on anything semi-automatic with a magazine right now until Trudeau figures out how much he is planning on stealing from us.
    It's non-restricted. AKA non-tracked. recommend buying with folding shovel as well.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Lease

Anyone considered or got (tried) the Glock 44? Seems kinda cute

I picked up a sako finnlight the other day... need to get it out to sight in.

My Ride
    Grimace

I wouldn't mind picking up an nr vector before this mess all comes through. Was looking at the evo scorpion 3 but it is on the perhaps real perhaps not list of guns to ban even though it is a 9mm nr carbine.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    before this mess all comes through. Was looking at the evo scorpion 3 but it is on the perhaps real perhaps not list of guns to ban even though it is a 9mm nr carbine.
    Pretty hard to beat a Scorpion for the price, especially some of the used prices. I ended up selling mine, as well as a few of my other non-restricted semi's that I only shot like once a year. Kept my favorites though...Kinda had to hedge my bets considering what's coming down the road.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Anyone know who’s got the longest indoor range around Calgary? Want to test some 17hmr ammo and too lazy to deal with the cold.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

TSE is 50 yards. CSC is 25.

Can’t think of any other indoors around the city.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Anyone with a Gen 4/5 Glock 19? Wondering if the Gen 5 is worth waiting for (in stock).

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    How long does it take to receive a non-restricted PAL? I submitted all the required paperwork about two and half weeks ago. I'm just curious. I probably won't even buy a gun and have no plans on going shooting.

(I thought I needed my PAL to hold on to my father-in-law's two very unsafe-to-use old rifles (haven't been used or taken care of in 25+ years), but I learned in the safety course I only need it to transport them. He has dementia that is progressing and can get angry, so back in May we had a friend, with his PAL, go and get the guns out of the house while my FIL was out. The bolt actions and ammo are hidden somewhere in the garage and only my FIL knows where.)
    Still waiting for my PAL, btw. Have called and was told that it passed initial approval and was then passed on to the Alberta CFO. A note that I had called was going to be put in the file. That was four to six weeks ago. I check online and it only says that it has passed initial processing and to check back at a later date.

I triple checked everything on that application, to make sure it was all filled out and correct. I figure my application either ended up in a wrong pile or a ton of applications were made because of Trudeau's anti-gun rhetoric. Who knows. If I had been in a rush to get it, I would have been more on top of it, but as it is, I've waited since the beginning of September, so what's another few months.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

It is likely your references have not been successfully contacted. I suggest telling them to call in to provide the reference and it should be good to go.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Still waiting for my PAL, btw. Have called and was told that it passed initial approval and was then passed on to the Alberta CFO. A note that I had called was going to be put in the file. That was four to six weeks ago. I check online and it only says that it has passed initial processing and to check back at a later date.

I triple checked everything on that application, to make sure it was all filled out and correct. I figure my application either ended up in a wrong pile or a ton of applications were made because of Trudeau's anti-gun rhetoric. Who knows. If I had been in a rush to get it, I would have been more on top of it, but as it is, I've waited since the beginning of September, so what's another few months.
    Call in and get transferred to the Alberta CFO. Ask them if there is anything missing from the application and get the reference number. If they say nothing is missing and it's just waiting for "approval", you can always contact your MP and have them inquire on your behalf. The Alberta CFO is pretty good about being non-obstructionist, but as a whole, they have a habit of delaying for no reason and making up laws.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

FWIW There is no Alberta CFO office, at least not anymore, it’s all outsourced to Miramichi.

My understanding is they are changing that to ensure the province has more direct control again.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

I called into Miramichi this morning to complete a transfer. They advised that the transfer was not completed and was sitting with Alberta CFO for their approval...

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

If on your application you answered "yes" to any of the questions regarding things like "have you been under the care of a doctor in the last ten years for mental health issues" or any of those associated questions then your file would have been automatically kicked out of the expedited stream for a "manual review". I said yes to that question because technically I see a doctor every year for a check up and prescription refill for anxiety meds. After 225 days waiting and little to no response calling in I got a hold of my MP and within two weeks I had a call from the RCMP apologizing profusely for the delay and giving me a bunch of excuses.

As others said it could also be an issue with getting a hold of your references. From what I hear from friends they call your references once and then if they can't get a hold of them they basically kick the application aside and don't call again. Have your references call in if at all possible once you have the reference number. Once your application is out of the expedited stream you're basically fucked so if you don't have it within their quoted 45 days then definitely start the process of calling in once a month and after 2 months call your MP.

Either way I was very happy with the results from reaching out to my MP's office but pissed that I missed a whole hunting season over it. I think from the day I applied for my renewal to the day it showed up was like 265 days.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 03-06-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My sons pal took 6 months to get. Due to his age they wanted a parental consent form signed part way through. Sent in the form and couldnt get confirmation they recieved it. Out of no where his pal randomly showed up.

It was odd that the camp In caroline area that my son did his pal course at last year missed the one form my son needed to fill out as part of the application.

As it was a youth camp you'd think they'd have this form as part of the paperwork they sent all the kids home with.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    If on your application you answered "yes" to any of the questions regarding things like "have you been under the care of a doctor in the last ten years for mental health issues" or any of those associated questions then your file would have been automatically kicked out of the expedited stream for a "manual review".
    That could be it. I was on anti-depressants several years ago but have been off for a year or two. It wasn't even for depression, although they did help. No biggie.

As others said it could also be an issue with getting a hold of your references. From what I hear from friends they call your references once and then if they can't get a hold of them they basically kick the application aside and don't call again. Have your references call in if at all possible once you have the reference number. Once your application is out of the expedited stream you're basically fucked so if you don't have it within their quoted 45 days then definitely start the process of calling in once a month and after 2 months call your MP.
    References should have been okay as both are quite easy to get ahold of but if they call once, then yeah, that's going to screw with things.

Either way I was very happy with the results from reaching out to my MP's office but pissed that I missed a whole hunting season over it. I think from the day I applied for my renewal to the day it showed up was like 265 days.
    I'm not into hunting, so this isn't an issue. I'm really in no hurry, which is why I haven't pursued it very hard.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

My Ride
    Edge

Just checked online and it's finally been approved and is in the mail. Only took 6 months. lol

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Nice bud, have fun spending all your money.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Nice bud, have fun spending all your money.
    Ha ha! Good thing I'm currently a poor student.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Just checked online and it's finally been approved and is in the mail. Only took 6 months. lol
    Excellent.

I don't know about the rest of you, but being armed does give me a slight sense of security of anarchy erupts.

Page 108 of 128 FirstFirst ... 98 107 108 109 118 ... LastLast