Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 97 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by GQBalla

if you're looking to go outside, Trochu is where i would go.

seems to be free everytime i've been not sure if there actually is a membership though...
    I believe it is indeed membership based. Doesn't mean you can't crash the party.... or at least try.

Isn't it still legal to shoot on crown land? Before they closed Homestead, I went up there with a buddy to shoot but missed the turnoff so we just went up a rough and unused side road to an open yet embanked area and shot up there. Not sure if that was entirely legal or not, but with almost no traffic on the Sibbald Creek road, we are not at all being unsafe or disruptive.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 03-22-2016 at 12:10 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Tomorrow's gun show... Does it usually have good deals? And are things paid by visa/debit?

Hoping to score a decent basic trap shotgun (~$750 pump) to let friends use but I won't pay the admission if the deals are as good as I'd get any other day at Wholesale Sports or whatever.

Anyone get any good deals?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I put a deposit down on the new Alpharms 15SA 12 gauge shotgun through Wolverine Supplies. Its aggressive as all hell but the reviews of it are really positive and you get multiple chokes and 2 mags with it. Good introductory price for sure.

Picked up camo there cheap as well. The best sales of the day were at The Shooting Edge though. Loaded up on ammo and the new 5.11 clothing that was all on sale.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That is a crazy looking shotgun. Love it.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Anyone else looking forward to these? LMG version even I'd be interested in getting. With it being the standard issue rifle for the PLA (and various other military branches) since '83 and even still in use today, plus the fact that the Americans didn't really have access to it, there are tons available I assume.

Last edited by n1zm0; 03-29-2016 at 11:27 AM.

My Ride

^^ I keep hearing mixed stories about these. I know there are 2 different lengths and one is restricted and 1 isnt? Is this still true?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    ^^ I keep hearing mixed stories about these. I know there are 2 different lengths and one is restricted and 1 isnt? Is this still true?
    Yeah still confused as to which versions are N/R vs Restricted but I know the LMG for sure will be N/R.

The question remains for the assault rifle version of fixed and folding stock types and what the barrel lengths are on those. Some people are saying that Norinco is installing longer barrels (besides the fact that they have to obviously remove full-auto) to adhere to our regs. Hope that's the case. LMG with a 5 round mag will look quite awkward, then again LMG with a 5 round pinned drum mag is also sad but at least it looks the part.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 03-29-2016 at 11:51 AM.

My Ride
    G37X

Sent in my application for restricted/non restricted license this week, so starting to look around at what to pick up for a first gun, was figuring something like a Ruger 10/22, simple relatively cheap and lot's of ways to change it up. Will realistically just be used for target shooting. Any other thoughts or recommendations for a first one?

Originally posted by relyt92
    Sent in my application for restricted/non restricted license this week, so starting to look around at what to pick up for a first gun, was figuring something like a Ruger 10/22, simple relatively cheap and lot's of ways to change it up. Will realistically just be used for target shooting. Any other thoughts or recommendations for a first one?

I was in the same boat recently. I received my license in January for my PAL and RPAL. I had the same thought process, mostly target shooting and wanting to ease into the hobby I was looking for something reliable and cheap to run. I picked up a ruger 10/22 and have been happy with it so far. I like the fact there's lots of aftermarket support for it. May start playing around with stocks in the coming months. I also picked up an sks last weekend at the gun show. It's a great budget option for some higher caliber fun. I love the classic soviet look too. Ammo is dirt cheap for surplus corrosice rounds if you are diligent with cleaning after shooting as well. Next aquisition will likely be a 12 gauge followed by a nice bolt action rifle for long range shooting. I figure is hold get good with short range shooting before investing in something like a .308 or 30-06.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by relyt92
    great gun to start with and plink around. Let me know when you get it, we'll go out 10/22 plinking at the range.

My Ride
    Upass

If you are looking at the rugger 10/22, the savage MkII and CZ 455 are also good guns to look at. A bit more expensive and less aftermarket support, but better build quality and accuracy (mainly the CZ 455).

Savage Barrels and actions are made in Canada too, if you care about that kind of stuff.

I have bought the savage MKII and the CZ455
    Both are great guns the CZ455 is more accurate tho
    I bought a used MKII from CGN with scope and 3 mags for about $250
    It can group out to 100 yards but you really need to watch wind

I do want a semi 22LR some day but since 22LR ammo is on the rise the bolt actions are still a ton of fun

My Ride

For a .22LR the Marlin 60 or 795 get stellar reviews and very few issues. Price cant be beat. Ive been considering adding one to the safe. They are a lot of fun. Rugers are great but cost a lot more (especially the SR series) and are apparently less accurate than the Marlins. Does anyone here have one?

My Ride

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    For a .22LR the Marlin 60 or 795 get stellar reviews and very few issues. Price cant be beat. Ive been considering adding one to the safe. They are a lot of fun. Rugers are great but cost a lot more (especially the SR series) and are apparently less accurate than the Marlins. Does anyone here have one?
    Friend of mine has a 795, out of the box it was a bit more accurate than my 10/22. Hard to beat for the price of the Marlin. Downside is it feels super cheap and I don't think you can buy much of any aftermarket parts for it.

My Ride
    Hatred

The 10/22 is the Honda Civic of the gun world. Just piles of aftermarket support. I have the takedown model which pretty much eliminates all aftermarket goodies.
    -U

My Ride
    Trucks

So I brought home my 1971 Marlin 39a .22 that I had as a kid and has been in storage back home for the last 20+ years. Much more appreciation for this rifle, now, than I had as a teenager, that's for sure. I use to buy several cases of ammo each year, 10 bricks of 1000 rounds in each. I was concerned about barrel erosion until I signed up on the Marlin forum. General consensus is 500 rounds per week for 70-80 years will have no noticeable change in accuracy on this microgroove, if not abused. Apparently, this is the longest production rifle, ever.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Darell_n; 03-30-2016 at 05:27 PM.

My Ride

Darell, thats a beauty. Something about the older rifles is just so nice to shoot.

My Brno 581 was my dads and was made in the early 70's.. (Brno is now CZ) but it is just a dream to shoot. Round count is easily over 30,000 and still shoots like a dream. I look at all the cool new stuff but I just cant justify using a different LR over the Brno. My only complaint is that the bolt does not stay open after last round and unless youre round counting you end up dry firing which is less than ideal for rimfires...

The New Tack Driver:
    Ruger Precision 308
    Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Illuminated
    Luepold Mark 4 Super High Rings
    American Defense QD Autolock BiPod Rail Adapter
    Harris 1A2 BiPod

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dave P; 04-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Originally posted by Dave P
    The New Tack Driver:
    Ruger Precision 308
    Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Illuminated
    Luepold Mark 4 Super High Rings
    American Defense QD Autolock BiPod Rail Adapter
    Harris 1A2 BiPod

Looks good
    Been eyeing one in a 6.5 Creedmoor since I have a 10TR in 308
    Let me know how it shoots but its a real beauty

Page 97 of 128 FirstFirst ... 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast