Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 114 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Did the CPC /Scheer just let the liberals walk through with this idea ? We have a minority government after all.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The legislation was passed a year ago. There is nothing a CPC / Scheer can do about Trudeau issuing an OIC.

They could force a non confidence vote, but that would be meaningless because the other parties hate guns more than Trudeau does.

End of the day this decision is popular with the idiots out east. Just like all the rest of the stupid policies that come out of Ottawa these days.

WEXIT.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

All jokes about historical illiteracy aside, this is a pretty ballsy move by the liberals that could backfire in their faces. Have they picked up enough support by banning the big scary guns to offset all the people they've sent into an absolute rage? Are there a lot of potential liberal voters like me who are really skeeved out that they are pulling shit like this during a pandemic? We shall see

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My thought is the people they haven’t pissed off are entirely indifferent to the move. Which doesn’t make it particularly smart politically.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

End of the day this decision is popular with the idiots out east.
    I would have thought this as well. However, i have a lot of family/friends out east (ontario) and not a single one supports this. From other side of the political spectrum.

There is still some arguments about the validity of these types of guns for use (hunting/sporting or otherwise) but the unified opinion is that shoving legislation down our throat that strips our rights is a BAD BAD precedent being set.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

It is outright theft, and tyranny.

The liberals have used FALSE STATEMENTS to frame their argument for banning sporting rifles. For example, in the OIC, it says the GIC is of the opinion that there is no sporting or hunting use for these rifles. OK, well, I am a professional that produces opinions. But you know what, those opinions need to be supported in facts so that I can defend them. I can't just pull them out of a hat (or my ass).

So no sporting or hunting use. Yet in the same OIC, they specifically state that FN or other sustenance hunters that HAVE ALREADY BEEN USING THESE SPORTING RIFLES FOR HUNTING, can continue to do so until they find a replacement. Wait wut?

How about sporting use. Well let me see, yes, AR15s are one of the MOST POPULAR RIFLES USED FOR SPORTING PURPOSES IN CANADA!!! 3 gun, long range precision, service rifle, all can and have been used in these competitions for a sporting purpose. The only reason we can't hunt with AR15 is because the govt specifically prohibited that by placing them by name in the restricted class.

Ok, how about the lie that these guns were designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. Nope, that is another lie. These rifles would be much worse than select-fire rifles at that task. And of course, select fire rifles have been banned for over 30 years already!

Not to mention the libs created their own nomenclature of "military style" firearms. Give me a break.

Oh, then in the same OIC they state that they consulted with canadians and that "many people supported banning these firearms"... ok. well how misleading is that. In fact, the VAST MAJORITY of people consulted were AGAINST further restrictions on firearms for law-abiding gun owners. The OIC should have stated "the vast minority were in support of these measures".

What a farce.

I really hope that the canadian compliance rate is far below that of new zealands. Not because law abiding gun owners are criminals or defiant by nature, but because the undemocratic decree by the government is absolutely unlawful and misleading.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    I would have thought this as well. However, i have a lot of family/friends out east (ontario) and not a single one supports this. From other side of the political spectrum.

There is still some arguments about the validity of these types of guns for use (hunting/sporting or otherwise) but the unified opinion is that shoving legislation down our throat that strips our rights is a BAD BAD precedent being set.
    Hunting already has restrictions in most places for the rifles/ammo you are allowed to use (max magazine size, expanding bullet, etc) but you'll see hunters use AR-10's along with bolt action rifles just to change it up especially since they are chambered in a .308. This is where the whole 2 laws comes in again, FN are allowed to use these rifles to still hunt but non-FN are not?
    Last edited by bigboom; 05-05-2020 at 09:30 AM.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

LOL. Looks like the Lieberals really shit the bed on this one and accidentally banned 12 gauge shotguns... At least hunters and farmers will now be united with black rifle owners to repeal this travesty of regulation.

May 5, 2020

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Minister Bill Blair looked Canadian gun owners in the eye last Friday and said they would not take guns suitable for hunting away from us.

Mr. Blair is either too inept to comprehend the scope of his new regulations...or he lied to the Government and Canadians.

In the legal opinion of our firearms team - headed by Edward Burlew L.L.B. , one of the foremost experts in Canadian firearms law - Bill Blair banned almost every modern 12-gauge and 10-gauge shotgun in Canada with removable chokes because they exceed the maximum bore diameter of 20 mm as defined in SOR/2020-96.

Canada's firearms industry body, the CSAAA, advises retailers to cease sales of many 12-gauge or larger shotguns with removable chokes."

It is estimated there are 1.5 - 2 million of the common hunting firearms in Canada.

As well, many large bore hunting rifles - some over 100 years old and valued over $100,000 have become prohibited. None of these firearms are semi-automatic or "military style." They encompass common bolt-action rifles such as the .460 Weatherby, break-open single and double rifles. These firearms are captured because the powerful cartridges they shoot - designed to humanely dispatch the largest game animals. PURE hunting rifles.

CSAAA also advises retailers to stop sales of "large hunting calibre, non semi-automatic rifles such as the Weatherby Mark V .460 as these rifles exceed the 10,000 Joules energy restriction.

Despite open hunting seasons across much of Canada, lawful firearms owners should refrain from using 12-gauge or larger shotguns with removable chokes or large calibre rifles capable of exceeding the government's energy ceiling.

These firearms are PROHIBITED and may not be used or transported for any reason.

Intentional lies or incompetent mistakes? You decide.

The Canadian Shooting Sports Association (CSSA) and the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA) demand the immediate withdrawal of the Liberal's flawed Order in Council and the resignation of Public Safety Minister, Bill Blair.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Name:  1588705399617m.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  62.9 KB

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

We need to stop complaining and support the agencies who are taking action against these dildos in ottawa.

My Ride
    Grimace

lol, my outlander is about 12.5-13/16's so it is either right on the edge or over 20mm. This is amazing.

Also saw this on reddit, but no proof really to back it up, but it sounds like something they would do
    I work for the LPC, and I'm also a gun owner who is not only affected by the recent ban, but is disgusted by it. I do not want to give more details to what extent I work for the party other than to say there are quite a few of us, and we were the ones responsible for leaking the list of firearms to the media before the official announcement. We've been keeping our ear to the ground since, and this is what we've heard from the public safety office on recommendations for future legislation;

The next tag line the party will push is women and domestic violence, as well as suicide. The point the government will be pushing is that women are victim of gun violence at home, and suicide by gun are happening because the gun is readily accessible at home.

They know that a ban on hunting rifles and shotguns will have very bad optics, but they feel they will be able to get away with central storage. The argument will be made that if the gun isn't readily available, it can save the lives of women and those who might re-think their suicide if they don't have their firearm handy, while not infringing on the rights of hunters by banning their firearms.

The idea is that the government will be offering subsidies to gun businesses (either ranges or commercial stores) to adapt their establishments to allow for on site storage. I don't have any further details on what form the subsidies would be in.

This is getting out of hand. Internal polling has shown huge support for the recent ban, so they feel they can get away with their next phase of legislation.

I have no idea when this will be put forward, but I haven't heard it will be done by order in council. They look like they're going to allow democracy to play out this time, but word is that 2 parties currently support such a move, and will be able to provide enough seats. I'll let you guess which parties those are.

I've also heard some rumblings about modifying the requirements for a PAL or RPAL. They will want you to prove that you are either a hunter or a sport shooter. The hunting license in most provinces does not expire, so the talk has been about proving you're holding firearms for hunting by showing yearly proof in the form of hunting tags. For sport shooters, they want to require membership to a range. These were just ideas thrown around by a few people. There is no talk of putting any such requirements in future legislation.

I'll post more as more information becomes available.

Good luck all.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

A 12 gauge shotgun in 18.5mm bore diameter?

fact.

I came here to write the same thing...

You can have overbore 12g for trap shooting or other forms of sport shooting, but in the vast majority of cases a 12g shouldn't be affected.

My Ride
    Grimace

My 12ga is definitely greater than 18.5 mm with the choke removed from my rough measuring if that is their definition of barrel dia.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Did the CPC /Scheer just let the liberals walk through with this idea ? We have a minority government after all.
    You of all people don't actually think we live in a true democracy do you?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Meanwhile in Alberta, Lethbridge’s finest putting one of those newly banned Swiss Arms to good use keeping us safe from the evil empire.

fact.

My Ride
    Grimace

Meanwhile in Alberta, Lethbridge’s finest putting one of those newly banned Swiss Arms to good use keeping us safe from the evil empire.

lol, didn't realize blasters were on the oic list

https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2020/0...rooper-arrest/
    Two members of the public had phoned 911 to report a weapons complaint, apparently believing the plastic toy blaster she was carrying as part of the costume was a real firearm.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Most cops are idiots.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Hope those officers like their desks.

Name:  3B4E5E8D-B58A-47E4-B824-6262DAACEBE3.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  22.0 KB

fact.

Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 104 113 114 115 124 ... LastLast