Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 105 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Grimace

My thing was that everyone else it out of stock and these guys have a bunch. Seems like the only solution for now if anything still wants a lower.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone bought from irunguns? Looking to maybe get a lower, the X15 for something cheap: https://www.irunguns.com/lower-recei...acturer=106433
    I've ordered from them a few times and am happy with their service. The only catch is that if you don't order something that is in stock in Canada, you are somewhat tied to US export permits. I've always found them pretty responsive when I call in, but they can get a bit swamped when the import truck arrives.

It probably isn't an issue, but double check the lower you're getting. There were some AR lowers that hit the RCMP prohibited list because of poor milling, which made conversion easy.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

The place I bought my Savage from still hasn't processed the paperwork.
    Apparently at the office, there's over 3000 applications per officer to process. Huge backlogs now because of the potential ban

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I've ordered from them a few times and am happy with their service. The only catch is that if you don't order something that is in stock in Canada, you are somewhat tied to US export permits. I've always found them pretty responsive when I call in, but they can get a bit swamped when the import truck arrives.

It probably isn't an issue, but double check the lower you're getting. There were some AR lowers that hit the RCMP prohibited list because of poor milling, which made conversion easy.
    Yeah, I contacted them and if I bought now, it would arrive in early august. Might do it but will check with them to see if it gets registered to me now or later.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Current setup, Norinco M14 (1994 model) and a Pietta PPS50. Next buy will probably be someones used old Ithaca 37 to complete the steel and wood trifecta.

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    The place I bought my Savage from still hasn't processed the paperwork.
    Apparently at the office, there's over 3000 applications per officer to process. Huge backlogs now because of the potential ban
    It's wierd. Bought a m&p sport 2 a week and a half ago from Cabela's. Still waiting for the transfer to go through (just called the CFO today). Two days later got a m&p9 2.0 from a different retailer online and the transfer was done the next day and I already have it.

Have you called the cfo to check? I had them put my email on file to send me the notice of transfer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea calling the CFO actually works as stupid as it sounds. They will email you your TN and STATT so you can take it home. Reg takes way longer. Couple weeks at least.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

I bought my shadow two saturdays ago and got through finally via phone on Friday. Sent it to me then via email but I checked the mail today and it had maybe yesterday or today and I picked up today. Now I wish for a slimmer trigger lock.

Just got my transfer notice today. Hopefully Cabela's ships it out tomorrow.

Anyone know where to buy cheaper.223 and 9mm ammo (non steel) locally?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by elite View Post
    Anyone know where to buy cheaper.223 and 9mm ammo (non steel) locally?
    CSC and TSE are always my first stops, but nothing is really as cheap as it used to be.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Picked up this Ithaca 37 Featherlite off CGN this week. 19" barrel, overall length is similar to my M305. 1956 model so it will slam fire.

My Ride
    Grimace

Some really good deals available on CZs, rangeview sports and tenda for example.
    I picked up a P10-C to go with my shadow 2 from tenda. Would have been nice to get a scorpion evo on sale though but oh well.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Some really good deals available on CZs, rangeview sports and tenda for example.
    I picked up a P10-C to go with my shadow 2 from tenda. Would have been nice to get a scorpion evo on sale though but oh well.
    Picked up a Shadow from Rangeview, couldn't say no for $699...you don't see them used that cheap most of the time!

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    Picked up a Shadow from Rangeview, couldn't say no for $699...you don't see them used that cheap most of the time!
    It made me feel bad for paying full price on my shadow 2 a couple months ago.

My Ride
    4Runner

Finally received my Restricted & Non Restricted! Waited since October of last year. Any pointers for someone who hasn't ever owned a gun? What brands are generally pretty good for the $$. Any Forums or websites i should check out before buying one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    Picked up this Ithaca 37 Featherlite off CGN this week. 19" barrel, overall length is similar to my M305. 1956 model so it will slam fire.

Just STUNNING collection <3

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Mostwanted View Post
    Finally received my Restricted & Non Restricted! Waited since October of last year. Any pointers for someone who hasn't ever owned a gun? What brands are generally pretty good for the $$. Any Forums or websites i should check out before buying one?
    I've only looked at shottys but the cheaper models tend to need a bit of tweaking before they work like they should (eg. 300$ vs 2000$) .

What types are you into?

My Ride
    4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I've only looked at shottys but the cheaper models tend to need a bit of tweaking before they work like they should (eg. 300$ vs 2000$) .

What types are you into?
    I was looking at Semi-Auto/Bolt Action Rifles, possibly a Pistol or two to have fun at the range.
    Never was really interested in Shottys I only consider them to be a very good home defense weapon, but I dont have a family or anything to protect yet.
    Was looking at maybe $1000 range but if i have to pay a bit more for something that is more reliable and customizable then i would.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Mostwanted View Post
    I was looking at Semi-Auto/Bolt Action Rifles, possibly a Pistol or two to have fun at the range.
    Never was really interested in Shottys I only consider them to be a very good home defense weapon, but I dont have a family or anything to protect yet.
    Was looking at maybe $1000 range but if i have to pay a bit more for something that is more reliable and customizable then i would.
    With guns, you get what you pay for.

Bang for $$, get a Ruger 10/22 to start. I've probably put more rounds through that than anything else (other guns are a .45 1911, couple of 12ga shotguns, 30/30, couple of pump action .22s, .22mag). Reliable, fun, affordable, and cheap ammo. Obviously something bigger provides different fun, but I highly doubt you'd regret this purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, unrelated, I had a FS thread up ages ago, but just thought I'd put a post in here. I have a pile of .17HMR rounds I'd be willing to let go for a song. Anyone pm me if interested.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

As far as centerfire goes, 1000 bucks will get you a pretty good bolt action or an OK semi. If you want a good semi you'll need to drop more like 2 grand on one, lots more options too.

Page 105 of 128 FirstFirst ... 95 104 105 106 115 ... LastLast