Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 113 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 113 of 128 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

What's with the political part of this chat being in the gun thread?

In any sense. The hypocrisy of this government seems to know no bounds. Trudeau "Under no circumstance would you need an AR-15 to hunt deer........ unless you're a chug. We must protect the ancient indigenous culture of hunting with assault rifles from a pick up truck cab out of season!"

Liberals must have a plan set in place to rig the next federal election. Why would you make such a major policy change guaranteed to piss off so many voters, when the opposition can immediately over turn it if you don't get in again?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ..... unless you're a chug.
    Come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    As a card carrying Métis with harvesting rights I will offer to take your murder-death-kill sticks from you guys.
    that was ultimately my thought process. Offer a few bucks more then the govt and add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    They got lowers and upper receivers as well, specifically banned them all, it's in there somewhere, and been reported on as well.

- - - Updated - - -

You had to have been using the now prohib rifle/whatever already for sustanance hunting at the time the ban went into place, it doesn't work retroactively for FN people.
    I'd assume the non restricted weapons on the prohibited list could be sold to first nations pretty easily. If you own some of the weapons will you take pennies on the dollar from the govt and hand them back or keep em locked up under some grand fathering scheme and never be able to take it out of your safe?

The govts not going to take a gun on the prohibited list from an indigenous person as theyll lose that court case due to the fact they havent consulted anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Come on man.
    Where we going?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    What's with the political part of this chat being in the gun thread?

In any sense. The hypocrisy of this government seems to know no bounds. Trudeau "Under no circumstance would you need an AR-15 to hunt deer........ unless you're a chug. We must protect the ancient indigenous culture of hunting with assault rifles from a pick up truck cab out of season!"

Liberals must have a plan set in place to rig the next federal election. Why would you make such a major policy change guaranteed to piss off so many voters, when the opposition can immediately over turn it if you don't get in again?
    I agree with all this, save for the derogatory FN comment. Its not necessary - any more than calling us whites, honkies or crackers.

But it doesent matter out west anymore - turdman has already written us off.

Wexit doesnt sound bad at all (at least with regards to having laws that suit our culture, better).

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Haha I was just stirring the pot.

I don’t think anything this government does makes sense and this isn’t any different
    Lol! My bad... I just like memes!

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I don't own any firearms but this is Canadian government stupidity at its finest.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    I don't own any firearms but this is Canadian government stupidity at its finest.
    People keep saying this, but it's incorrect. It appears stupid when you look at it through the lens of the government making life better for Canadians. But sane logical people do not have the same goals as Liberals. Liberals have no intention of making life better for anybody, they want unobstructed power plain and simple. Their actions appear stupid because it doesn't make us safer, or improve our lives. But make no mistake, these ridiculous actions of theirs is directly in line with their desired outcome.

Name:  ban.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  13.9 KB

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  FB_IMG_1588529625715.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  22.9 KB

I wonder if Trudeau understands how many guns he's proposing to buy... Just about every farmer I know has multiple on the banned list.

Then again, how many old grey haired farmers are going to relinquish a 20+yr old firearm because the government said so?

I wonder how many guns are going to be reported "stolen" in the next 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Name:  FB_IMG_1588529625715.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  22.9 KB

I wonder if Trudeau understands how many guns he's proposing to buy... Just about every farmer I know has multiple on the banned list.

Then again, how many old grey haired farmers are going to relinquish a 20+yr old firearm because the government said so?
    I suppose that depends on how someone thinks theyll be treated by the rcmp in the event something happens on the farm.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Fun fact. There are about as many horse cops as Mini 14’s they banned.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I suppose that depends on how someone thinks theyll be treated by the rcmp in the event something happens on the farm.
    Remember how they tolerated the long gun registry?

My Ride
    Grimace

He can't stop now, he is on a roll.
    https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/pol...1_4922898.html
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau defended his assault-rifle ban on Sunday and promised to go even further by targeting handguns and tightening border security with new legislation introduced in the Parliament.

Yet he stopped short of providing a timeline for when such measures would be introduced, saying only that the federal Liberal government would move forward with legislation "when Parliament allows."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Fun fact. There are about as many horse cops as Mini 14’s they banned.
    Horse cops are best cops. That's a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

Kevin Scott:

Let me lay this out for you and anyone else who also likely isn’t as informed as they would like to be.

Firstly, let me say this. I’ve been a firearms instructor for 14 years, a police officer and supervisor for 8. A correctional officer for 6 and an RCMP firearms verification expert since 2012. Part of being a firearms verification expert means it’s my job to be able to testify to court what classification different firearms are, and their points of origin and import.

With that being said I will start with this. Nothing on that list, or in a Canada is an “assault weapon” or a “military grade firearm”. All military firearms have been outright banned in Canada since 1979. Automatic firearms are prohibited in Canada. The rifles on that list are hunting and sporting rifles.

Trudeau is blatantly lying and misleading Canadians by using their lack of knowledge on the subject. Firstly, he bypassed our democratic process with is outrageous and every Canadian should be appalled. Secondly he is dancing on the graves of all those victims in NS. The shooter used a rifle obtained in the US and a pistol stolen from a Cst killed in cold blood. The victims and their families deserve better. Nothing he did was legal, he wasn’t even a firearms license holder and had previously been banned from owning firearms after a common assault (disclaimer - those conditions had expired).

Canadians are ridiculously strict with gun laws. Nothing in this act will help public safety in the slightest. All centre fire rifles in Canada are limited to 5 rounds. They cannot be converted to be automatic.

This will cost Canadians a half billion dollars and have zero effect on public safety. It will hurt public safety as it distracts money and attention from real issues.

The borders are weak as hell. I would say I handled more American firearms then Canadian ones. Personally I have seized more firearms then most people have ever seen in real life. The border is the biggest problem.

Secondly, the liberals banned carding and severely limited police powers to be proactive against gangs. The result was a 48% increase in shootings and a 98% increase in the number of people shot in the GTA.

Thirdly, the liberal government passed bill C75 which lowered sentences on violent crime and terrorism. It reduced bail considerations. Increased bail and promoted early release of offenders.

The liberals have hurt community safety far worse then we can likely repair.

Chris Lewis OPP commissioner (Ret) does not support this.

The association of chiefs of police do not support this.

Every police officer is screaming at this waste of money that will not help anything.

My AR 15 holds 5 .223 rounds. My deer rifle holds 5 30-06 rounds. It’s the most commonly used deer rifle in North America. Use common sense and tell me what’s more dangerous.

I think it’s also important that people understand how licensing works.

When you first decide you want your Possession and acquisition license (PAL) you find a licensed firearm instructor and tester. You will learn about different types of firearms, ammunition, safe handling, storage and transportation. The hunter safety course required for hunting is another course and exam on top of this. For the firearms portion only you will spend about $400 and two 8 hr training days. Followed by a lengthy exam requiring a 80% pass mark.

You then submit your application with proof of your testing. A picture, and roughly the same information you submit on your passport. Two guarantors etc. But, if you have a former spouse or partner...hope you’re in good standing. You will need their consent and the Chief Firearms Office (CFO) will contact them. You will wait about 6-12 months while they do background checks and local police records checks as well as calling the two character references you provided.

Then eventually your card will come in the mail at a cost of $80. Now, you legally can purchase ammunition and a firearm. But, only Non-Restricted firearms such as shotguns and hunting rifles. They must be stored separate from ammunition, out of site and locked. Either with a disabling lock, or in a locked container that is hard to break into. They can only be loaded in a place where they can be legally discharged. Ie the woods far away from people and houses.

Now, if you want a pistol or sporting rifle you need a restricted possession and acquisition license (RPAL). Back to the classroom, another 8hrs and $400. Another exam another $80 and an application the same as the first. You will wait 6-12 months again. Now, you have your license? Great! You can’t purchase a restricted firearms yet though.

Before you can do that you’ll need to be a member of a licensed range. Licensed ranges are over seen by the CFO to make sure they meet very stringent safety measures. So here in kingston we have one club, with a 2-3 year waiting list. So you apply and wait. Eventually luckily you get a spot. You pay your $300 annual fee, but you’re not shooting yet. First, another 8 hour safety course and then 4 probationary visits with a range officer.

Finally, you’re a member. Now you can purchase a pistol or sporting rifle. So you go to the store and chose one. You pay, now you wait. If you’re lucky 2-3 weeks maybe, sometimes 6-10 while the CFO approves it.

Oh, did I mention all firearms owners are checked on The Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) daily?.

So finally the day comes. You pick up your pistol or rifle. You’re ready to go! Nope, sorry. You’ll need two locks. A disabling lock and a hard container that locks. Restricted firearms are always locked twice. So we’re on our way right? No, not yet. Now you will need to contact the CFO wait on hold for 35-45 mins and request an Authorization to Transport (ATT). This is a piece of paper they will email you with your current address and your home address permitting you to transport your new firearm. You’re not allowed to stray. That would result in a ten year sentence and lifetime ban.

Once your home your pistol or rifle is stored separate from ammo and locked twice. It may only be transported to and from your licensed range with your ATT. It may only be discharged at your range.

At anytime the police on behalf of CFO or CFO may conduct a warrantless search of your home to verify proper compliance.

At any time any person can phone the CFO or local police with a safety concern about you and you will lose your firearms. It is now up to you, to pay to defend yourself.

That is the just of the firearms licensing requirements in Canada.

Believe me, gun owners are afraid of sneezing as we can lose them so easily after going through so many hurdles to have them.
    FB source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...6&id=643386975

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

As an owner of several AR15s that are now banned and many other guns that they will be coming for next, it makes me wonder.... after the guns, whats next? The "assault" rife ban is a test to see how we are going to respond to Nazi like rule under the cover of " The Liberal Party of Canada". First its the AR style weapons, then pistols, SKS etc. After the guns are gone and Trudeau realizes that skipping legislation will be tolerated, anything is fair game. Civil liberties are being taken from us under the cover of "safety". Can we use the term - democratic communism?
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    As an owner of several AR15s that are now banned and many other guns that they will be coming for next, it makes me wonder.... after the guns, whats next? The "assault" rife ban is a test to see how we are going to respond to Nazi like rule under the cover of " The Liberal Party of Canada". First its the AR style weapons, then pistols, SKS etc. After the guns are gone and Trudeau realizes that skipping legislation will be tolerated, anything is fair game. Civil liberties are being taken from us under the cover of "safety". Can we use the term - democratic communism?
    Is it Nazism or Communism?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Well, I can tell you it sure isnt democracy...
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Page 113 of 128 FirstFirst ... 103 112 113 114 123 ... LastLast