Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

i would not post details of firearms i owned on this forum
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

And never post the details about your avatar either please.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Originally posted by legendboy
    Lol why, what do you think is going to happen?

Originally posted by BigMass

Lol why, what do you think is going to happen?
    My thoughts exactly...

Break into a house known to have firearms and there is a solid chance you will be staring down the barrel of a 12 gauge, or equivalent.

Why?

Lots of people don't even store their firearm(s) in their home, myself included.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I went and got my pal the day after I turned 18, bought a CZ858 the day after my card arrived.

OP, those mossberg 500's are awesome. A friend of mine has one with the J.I.C. kit and he loves it. We were out shooting friday and he had a folding stock on it which i was quite impressed with. Flip the stock down and it can double as a skeet gun flawlessly.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Why?

Lots of people don't even store their firearm(s) in their home, myself included.
    Why the hell wouldn't you keep them at your house?

Originally posted by SJW
    A kimber .45 ACP Custom II stainless

http://www.kimberamerica.com/product.../stainless_II/
    this is a very beautiful pistol.

Originally posted by CMW403

Why the hell wouldn't you keep them at your house?
    I can't think of a single reason I would need a pistol in my house for. The only legal place I can discharge it is at the range, and that is where I store it, for free.

If you are thinking more from the self defense perspective, handguns are absolutely terrible for home defense (compared to something like a shot gun) and secondly the storage rules surrounding restricted firearms would prevent me from accessing it quickly in an emergency unless I wanted to invest in some pretty serious storage options.

I can't think of a single reason I would need a pistol in my house for.
    Two words; Zombie Apocalypse

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Originally posted by drewb

Two words; Zombie Apocalypse
    Pistols are useless against zombies. You need something that will remove the head, or at least a limb. Unless you're rocking a .50 cal or possibly a .45 hollowpoint, that head's still partially going to be there.

Personally, I prefer my Remington 1100 semi auto, 21" barrel for quick targeting and six round capacity for my zombie defense needs:

Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

If you can:

a) Find my house (pretty hard)

b) Get into my house

c) Find my firearms

d) Get into the storage

e) Find a way to utilize them

f) Find the ammo

g) Get into the ammo

Then somebody really wanted to shoot gophers

I think someone will be greatly disappointed after reaching step b

Scort,

How is that auto-loader treating you? Any jamming, misfires, reliability issues? It sure does look pretty!

Did you add the glow sights or did it come with?
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I can't think of a single reason I would need a pistol in my house for. The only legal place I can discharge it is at the range, and that is where I store it, for free.

If you are thinking more from the self defense perspective, handguns are absolutely terrible for home defense (compared to something like a shot gun) and secondly the storage rules surrounding restricted firearms would prevent me from accessing it quickly in an emergency unless I wanted to invest in some pretty serious storage options.
    Well I wouldn't say a .45 auto is terrible for home defense, especially after you just finished telling us how you don't miss?? It is a beautiful pistol btw.

In my experience the majority of gun owners I know don't fully adhere to the storage regulations either. I've personally never had a problem with locking my toys up tight because I live at home and my dad has home defense on lock.
    Last edited by CMW403; 11-01-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Well I wouldn't say a .45 auto is terrible for home defense, especially after you just finished telling us how you don't miss?? It is a beautiful pistol btw.

In my experience the majority of gun owners I know don't fully adhere to the storage regulations either. I've personally never had a problem with locking my toys up tight because I live at home and my dad has home defense on lock.
    Where in this thread did I say I don't miss? No matter how a good of a shot I was, put in a life or death situation I'm guessing my accuracy would be absolutely abysmal, especially with a pistol.

Anyways obviously I'd rather have a pistol than nothing to defend myself, assuming I could actually get to it in time. I do think, though, that if someone was actually scared for their life, they would have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. It's impossible to even train for those situations because you can't simulate the feeling you get when you actually think you might die if you don't react. Also, something like the .45 you mention could EASILY go through a wall, where other family members or neighbors might be sleeping. That is another reason why a shotgun makes the best home defense weapon. It's easier to hit a target in a panic, it has tons of short range stopping power, and will not easily penetrate into surrounding rooms/homes.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I want one of these bad boys in my night stand.

http://www.avidbiometrics.com/GunVau...ult-p1237.html

Keep my .45 in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Passed the PAL. 96% on the written, 96% on the Practical. Sending off papers tomorrow...eagerly awaiting the return of my official license.

There was some russian guy that totally failed the test...he was waving the gun every which way during the test, put the trigger lock on the lever-action when asked to store safely, and had his finger all over the trigger throughout the exam....so much lols.

Heading out to meet with a gunsmith later this week to see what he has for inventory right now. I am for sure going to buy the Mossber 500 12 Gauge (shown above) and a long barrell 12 Gauge. The wife wants a 20 Gauge and a nice .22 (i.e. Ruger, see above).

I'm surprised how many people on Beyond own guns.

Anyone else have suggestions on legal places to buy firearms other than the mainstream sporting goods stores?

Anyone purchase a firearm in the US and brought it back over the border? Was it a big hassle? They're noticeably cheaper down there...and I spend a lot of time in Houston.
    Last edited by freshprince1; 11-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

^^ Buying firearms cross boarder is a HUGE hassle, just buy them here.

As for good places to buy, join the Canadian Gun Nutz forums. Lots of good guys there and a lot of the site sponsors have amazing deals on firearms. If you want to try before you buy, you will almost certainly find someone on there willing to help. Lots of good deals in the used section too. Places like The Shooting Edge and Wholesale Sports have been absolute rip offs for everything I've been looking at compared to the smaller dealers/sponsors around Alberta. Just as one example, a shot gun I was looking at is $1,500 at Wholesale Sports and $999 through one of the site sponsors. Definitely shop around a lot before you buy, there are some obscene price differences.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Where in this thread did I say I don't miss? No matter how a good of a shot I was, put in a life or death situation I'm guessing my accuracy would be absolutely abysmal, especially with a pistol.

Anyways obviously I'd rather have a pistol than nothing to defend myself, assuming I could actually get to it in time. I do think, though, that if someone was actually scared for their life, they would have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. It's impossible to even train for those situations because you can't simulate the feeling you get when you actually think you might die if you don't react. Also, something like the .45 you mention could EASILY go through a wall, where other family members or neighbors might be sleeping. That is another reason why a shotgun makes the best home defense weapon. It's easier to hit a target in a panic, it has tons of short range stopping power, and will not easily penetrate into surrounding rooms/homes.
    Forgive me, I confused you with SJW. His .45 is so beautiful I thought it a crime to store it at the range.

Forgive me, I confused you with SJW. His .45 is so beautiful I thought it a crime to store it at the range.
    Lol, no problem. It is a very nice looking gun indeed.

I think if I ever get a second pistol it will be a 1911 style but 9mm (I don't reload yet). I was thinking STI Trojan or STI Spartan. Everything I read suggests they are absolute bargains for the respective price categories. I have gigantic hands so it's hard to find guns that I like to hold. I tried a Colt 1911 .45 and it was so skinny, I didn't like it at all.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-01-2010 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by Phenix
    fairly expensive for a 22. but a sick lookin toy!
    I got about 1100 into my .22! lol
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Just wondering where did some of you guys take the The Canadian Firearms Safety Course? Any of you guys have any recommendations? I'm also interested in obtaining my PAL and RPAL.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast