Quantcast
The Gun Thread - Page 63 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 63 of 128 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2546

Thread: The Gun Thread

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Just FYI though your ammo discount is off range ammo, which is marked up around 100%. Still much better off buying your own in bulk unless you just want to try out a small sample of something.
    Ah I kind of thought as much. Any tips on where to get bulk, and if there's restrictions on what you can shoot at the range? I got 500 rds of winchester super X 1300 fps for I think $40. I didn't look at the price, just grabbed them at bass pro.

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

The only limitation on ammunition at TSE is that you cannot use steel core or steel jacketed ammunition. This means that most of the surplus 7.62x39mm is non-permissible but you will have no issues with .22

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by woodywoodford

Ah I kind of thought as much. Any tips on where to get bulk, and if there's restrictions on what you can shoot at the range? I got 500 rds of winchester super X 1300 fps for I think $40. I didn't look at the price, just grabbed them at bass pro.
    Between Bass Pro and Wholesale Sports, those are the two most expensive places you can buy anything ammo related. Either CSC or TSE would have had 500 rounds of American Eagle .22LR for ~$25. Sometimes you luck out and they have the bonus packs of 625 rounds for that same price.

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Between Bass Pro and Wholesale Sports, those are the two most expensive places you can buy anything ammo related. Either CSC or TSE would have had 500 rounds of American Eagle .22LR for ~$25. Sometimes you luck out and they have the bonus packs of 625 rounds for that same price.
    Also Check out Walmart and Canadian tire too. I manged to get 550 round for $23 (Winchester hi velocity)at Walmart they also had some listed for $21(550 round Federal) but out of stock.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Renewed my PAL this month. Do not own a firearm, but like to keep the PAL current.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Anyone have any interest of heading out to crown land and shooting? I have just about everything needed my buddy is welding up some stands for some AR500 steel targets I have! If so let me know.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

TSE membership is going up in price, for anyone who doesn't have them on facebook.

Just thought I would mention.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by KRyn
    Anyone have any interest of heading out to crown land and shooting? I have just about everything needed my buddy is welding up some stands for some AR500 steel targets I have! If so let me know.
    When are you thinking?? I haven't given my 12g a good workout in a while.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by vengie

When are you thinking?? I haven't given my 12g a good workout in a while.
    I was thinking of shooting some steel long range, but I am also down to hit Silver Willow whenever. I don't have enough friends that are into shooting sports.

My Ride
    '12 Ram 1500

I'd be in for this though am out of town starting Wednesday, for a week.

Had the the .22, SKS and Rem 700 out today that resulted in two conclusions.

1.) Plinking is fun, though I need way more targets to mix things up.

2.) I need to get the new scope for my 700 properly zero'ed in as I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn/target/tin can etc...

My Ride
    Wristshots

Originally posted by happydude

2.) I need to get the new scope for my 700 properly zero'ed in as I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn/target/tin can etc...
    Spot on, I had my CZ453 (.22LR) and SKS out yesterday, good times.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Let me know when you get back and we can work something out to get out and do some shooting.

Dirty_SOHC is offline 0.2 liters away from a good engine
    My Ride
    WRX

This picture is a few weeks old and taken by GQballa at CSC. I am in love with these fireballs... So much fun!

I'm looking for a shotgun for bird hunting this fall. I was convinced i was getting a pump till i saw the price point on this semi

Norinco M1000 Mag Fed Semi Auto Shotgun

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...-auto-shotgun/

Anyone have any input? I looked at Norinco when i was shopping for my 1911 but handguns are completely different then a shotgun....

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

This picture is a few weeks old and taken by GQballa at CSC. I am in love with these fireballs... So much fun!
    thats a cool pic R i want to get a handgun but i will be too tempted to take it camping

Anyone recommend an outdoor range In or around Calgary with 100-500yd+ range?? I need to find a place to give my rifles a good workout.

My Ride
    '12 Ram 1500

Originally posted by vengie
    Anyone recommend an outdoor range In or around Calgary with 100-500yd+ range?? I need to find a place to give my rifles a good workout.
    There's the Homestead range out west of the city (link below), though I've never been and have heard that it's either great or terrible based upon the people that show up.

http://www.albertarifle.com/homestead.htm

Your better bet is to make friends with some farmers/ranchers that will let you use their land and use a rangefinder if you're set on shooting very exact distances (100 - 500 yards).

Could also try the Waiprous area. On non-long weekends it's not hard to find places up there to shoot. Just make sure you have a decent backstop and aren't shooting near or across a quad/hiking trail.

There's been talk of a few Beyond'ers heading out for some shooting, which could also help identify some decent places for you.

There's the Homestead range out west of the city (link below), though I've never been and have heard that it's either great or terrible based upon the people that show up.

http://www.albertarifle.com/homestead.htm

Your better bet is to make friends with some farmers/ranchers that will let you use their land and use a rangefinder if you're set on shooting very exact distances (100 - 500 yards).

Could also try the Waiprous area. On non-long weekends it's not hard to find places up there to shoot. Just make sure you have a decent backstop and aren't shooting near or across a quad/hiking trail.

There's been talk of a few Beyond'ers heading out for some shooting, which could also help identify some decent places for you.
    Ya I was looking at the homestead range, but heard it could be quite sketchy/ ghetto depending on who is out there shooting at the time...

My Ride
    '12 Ram 1500

Anybody get out shooting this weekend? I meant to, though got scared off by thunderstorms that never seemed to materialize. Instead, I pulled out a couple of the guns and bows for their tune-ups.

Also decided to do a little clean-out of the gun closet and have the followng up for sale if anyone's interested in a pretty cool tactical rimfire and/or some 357 Mag and 38 Special ammo.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371085/fs...re-rifle-ammo/

Anybody get out shooting this weekend? I meant to, though got scared off by thunderstorms that never seemed to materialize. Instead, I pulled out a couple of the guns and bows for their tune-ups.

Also decided to do a little clean-out of the gun closet and have the followng up for sale if anyone's interested in a pretty cool tactical rimfire and/or some 357 Mag and 38 Special ammo.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/371085/fs...re-rifle-ammo/
    Whereabouts did you go??

Page 63 of 128 FirstFirst ... 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast