Quantcast
UPS Couriers not ringing door bells? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Couriers not ringing door bells?

Default UPS Couriers not ringing door bells?

So today i'm upstairs on the computer. Around noon. I've been expecting a package from UPS that said it was expected to arrive today or monday. The estimate kept jumping back and fourth. The last couple of days the tracking was not updating, and it said it's been in Winnipeg the last 2 days. No big deal I know sometimes scans on packages are missed, and tracking is not updated.

So I hear a sliding door shutting, and a diesel engine starting. Look outside, and a UPS truck is pulling away on the other side of the street.

I open my door. And there's a delivery notice and a note to collect $40-some bucks in brokerage (yeah we all expect that now).

I try my door bell, it works.

What the hell, talking to some friends it seems like it's not uncommon for these guys to not ring or knock.

To add, a couple weeks ago. I caught the UPS courier just dropping a package off at my doorstep and leaving. No knock, no doorbell.

ups = useless piece of shit

Customer shipped me a helmet to draw. He wrote it down and told them when he shipped it from Vegas that he was shipping to have work done.

UPS comes. and stands at the door, no knock no doorbell. I saw the truck out my kitchen window so I went to see if it was for me and grabbed his attention when he was starting to walk away.

The box had a huge C.O.D sticker on it. UPS charged me about $70 brokerage on a helmet that i did not purchase, and was shipped with return postage prepaid. How is that legal?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

$70 brokerage has nothing to do with buying the item, its the fee your paying a border agent to clear it across the border for you. So basically a convience fee since he's doing all the paperwork for u
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I've ordered items that have been shipped by UPS a few times now and they NEVER ring the door bell. They just leave it on the doorstep. If I lived in a neighbourhood with a high rate of crime, it would be gone right away.

I actually had the UPS guy ring the doorbell yesterday evening. That hasn't happened in a while as they usually just leave it on the doorstep since the packages don't usually require a signature.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

My guess? Ringing bells and talking to people slows em down!!

why do people still ship with UPS???

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by TheCheff
    why do people still ship with UPS???
    Exactly.

My Ride
    Bicycle

The good thing if they just drop it off without a signature upon reception is that you can just say the package never made it to you so you aren't paying their brokerage fees, no?

The last shipment I received from UPS had a brokerage fee due.
    I called a couple of days before the package arrival date to find out the amount owing and left a cheque on the door.
    No hassles getting the package dropped on the first delivery date.

Vince

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Originally posted by LongCity
    The good thing if they just drop it off without a signature upon reception is that you can just say the package never made it to you so you aren't paying their brokerage fees, no?
    they never leave the packages that have COD on them though.

And yea they never rang the doorbell when my iphone 4 case was shipped. Seriously how does it save time when you have to reattempt to deliver it the next day?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

The last time I had something shipped via UPS (more than a year ago) it was a lens I needed for an event but wanted to test it beforehand in case there were any issues. Spent the whole day in my living room beside the door so I would hear any knock/bell. 5PM rolls around, nothing. I go outside to get something out of the vehicle and sure enough, they came at 2PM and just stuck a sticker on the door. I immediately called UPS and gave them an earful. As soon as the driver got back to the warehouse at the end of his shift, they made him drive all the way back to my place to give me the shipment.

So, yeah, call them up and bitch about it.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

My Ride
    is Invisible

Cooked Rice, never had a problem with UPS, but the dicks at Canada Post have not come by 3 different times.

I even think the drivers are contracted out by CP, which makes me even more pissed off.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I don't think it has to do with the company themselves - it has to do with the individual dropping the packages off. I've seen all couriers/canada post not bother with the doorbell numerous times.

As for the costs of shipping with UPS: Try using expedited where possible. (Air). It is the same price for small packages, and you only pay GST.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

I use UPS all the time...

Never have a problem. Sorry to hear :S
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
    ups = useless piece of shit

I cannot stand UPS. The driver on my route doesn't even bother getting out of his truck yet he will say he attempted delivery.

FedEx ftw

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I really don't get it. Why do they want to not have any packages get delivered, it just means they are gonna have to deal with them the next day again.

I actually work for FedEx, not as a courier, but I know that they have extra work at the end of the day if they don't end up being able to have everything delivered.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast