Quantcast
I've had it with people in the NE - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: I've had it with people in the NE

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    ^LOL what kind of man am i to get intimidated at a mall? Is that how you took my post? If so, youre a tool.

The real question is, what kind of man Tries to intimidate a grown man with a small kid in a mall? Thats what im getting at.

As far as what i did when it happened, i just looked at him, smiled and gave him the ol, "pffffffftttt". I was with my kid and im 32 years old, im not gonna go and start something.

Even if i wasnt with my kid and something ended up happening, there was 6 of them, i can hold my own very well, but not against 6 guys.
    It sucks that this happened but you cannot equate one experience and brand and entire area by it.. Cmon.

That kind of crap could happen at any mall in any area. I have been to Sunridge, even Marlborough Mall hundreds of times, never has something like that happened to me.

Thanks to the deep NE, I get .50 cent samosas and cheap Indian buffets.

As a bonus, occasional staredowns are good for the soul and help build character

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Serves you right for going to Sunridge Mall haha
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    changes every year

Thats only one time that i had a problem in the NE, but it still resonates with me because my son was with me.

I grew up being the asshole staredown type, but im a full grown man and people are still doing it to me, it must be my pretty face lol i never get it anywhere else i go but the NE.

Zedge, did you grow up in the NE? I want to know because anyone that has, knows that its a shit hole and gets out when they can and generally people that dont, just cant afford to leave or the odd person is actually happy because its cheap.

Default Re: Re: Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by Canucks3322

Really? Sorry, but this sounds like more like Red Deer or Lethbridge to me....and the whole "don't park in front of other people's houses because it's rude" is definitely a white people thing, ask anyone...your attempt at spreading your ignorance and racist attitudes towards brown people fails.

Originally posted by googe

Haha what? Did you just say courtesy is a white people thing?

It's common sense, not race. If you see a house, chances are the house has a car. Since every house has space in front of it, the best place for everyone to park is in front of their own house.

If you use the space in front of your house, then start using the neighbors space, you are using more than your share, and you are an asshole. If you have more vehicles than what fits in your space, you should not selfishly inconvenience others, you should park somewhere else and walk.

Don't use your race as an excuse to be an asshole, because that is only going to make your "racism" problems worse.
    Best post in this thread. Don't make a habit of parking in front of your neighbors homes. It's alright to do it once in a while but don't make it a habit. It's just common sense/courtesy but then again I live in the S.W where everyone can park on the street easily so what do i know.

and yes the N.E is a shit hole.

My Ride
    TypeR

Thats only one time that i had a problem in the NE, but it still resonates with me because my son was with me.

I grew up being the asshole staredown type, but im a full grown man and people are still doing it to me, it must be my pretty face lol i never get it anywhere else i go but the NE.

Zedge, did you grow up in the NE? I want to know because anyone that has, knows that its a shit hole and gets out when they can and generally people that dont, just cant afford to leave or the odd person is actually happy because its cheap.
    I know the that some parts of the NE are pure shit because i lived there from the age of 0-22 (im 27 now). But I'm buying downtown in less then two months and its 10x worse and the most expensive part of the city to live in.

People live where they feel comfortable paying and that pretty much it. I lived in abbeydale for most of my life and my cars were never messed with (skyline,ek) and my bike has never been touched all parked in my driveway.

I find it funny that you accuse people of staring you down but you admit to doing it yourself. So you moved and that made you a better person hahahahaha.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    changes every year

Dude, i lived in the NE i was a huge thug....15 years ago. I did move and it did make mea better person actually.

I got away from all the shit and shit people i was hanging out with and figured out my life, so ya, moving made it better for me.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

We have been living in the NE (Marlborough) for about 7 years. I have never had any issues here, its actually pretty quiet on our street. I grew up in Huntington Hills. Since moving here my son has attended Chris Akkerman, Bob Edwards, and graduated from Forest Lawn this year. He is not a thug and none of this friends are either. You can choose who to hang out with and I am sure you can find thugs or bad kids in any area. This is not a NE only thing. I would actually say the upper middle class white kids in the burbs are worse than most kids in the NE. We are not poor, its not like I could not move, but I don't want to. Its comfortable here, we have easy access to everything. I am 5 min from work. Awesome food everywhere. I love the diversity of the NE and I am glad my son has gone to school here. His friends are from every race and color, he is not some white red neck douche from the suburbs like alot of kids I see in those areas. Playing soccer since he was 8 I have seen this shit first hand. Soccer teams from the NW or SW with all white kids who look down their noses at teams from the NE with a mix of brown, white, Asian kids. It disgusts me. Most of the complaints I see from people here about the NE are racially motivated, its rather sad to see this. I thought Calgary was growing up and no longer this way, guess I was wrong.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 10-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.

My Ride
    changes every year

I didnt say there werent exceptions, and im glad your son turned out to be one of the good ones, he even went to some of the same schools i went to as a kid, but lets be honest, the majority arent like you or your son.

Also it doesnt matter the race, if anything i see it more with the white kids, but brown people get the worst wrap because theyre almost a majority in those areas and stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, they didnt just come out of nowhere.

It is totally true that the people that live in the "better" neighborhoods look down on the people there, but its the same all over the world, just look at beverly hills and compton lol(i know bad analogy) but still thats how calgarians view themselves(not all, but alot)

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    I would actually say the upper middle class white kids in the burbs are worse than most kids in the NE.....he is not some white red neck douche from the suburbs like alot of kids I see in those areas. Playing soccer since he was 8 I have seen this shit first hand. Soccer teams from the NW or SW with all white kids who look down their noses at teams from the NE with a mix of brown, white, Asian kids. It disgusts me. Most of the complaints I see from people here about the NE are racially motivated, its rather sad to see this. I thought Calgary was growing up and no longer this way, guess I was wrong.
    Zedge I like ya buddy but you keep saying its sad this thread is mentioning race then you take every opportunity to take a crack at white people. I am confused on why its ok for you to consistantly make comments about white people but then attack posters for making an brown people comment. I agree the racial comments are sad but your just adding to the fire by doing the same thing.

*Disclaimer I only hate the Dutch.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by Kavy

Zedge I like ya buddy but you keep saying its sad this thread is mentioning race then you take every opportunity to take a crack at white people. I am confused on why its ok for you to consistantly make comments about white people but then attack posters for making an brown people comment. I agree the racial comments are sad but your just adding to the fire by doing the same thing.

white people are the exception...to everything

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

I like all races equally, and treat everyone the same and not once have I been in a bad situation in anywhere in Calgary. As far as I am concerned, I live by courtesy, friendliness and respect and it has worked for me.

On another note, Saddleridge is to the NE as Tuscany is to the NW.

Is either community bad? No, but everyone has their preference as to where they want to live.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Kavy

Sorry, I guess thats my only experience with it. I see it from my own kind, not from others. Point taken.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 10-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    Holy shit, hit the nail on the head with this one. I should print it out and slip it under my neighbor's door. I don't live in the NE, but I might as well with my neighbor..

I've woken up sometimes with flashbacks from Black Hawk Down listening to them arguing and (talking? ) squabbling amongst each other.

Personally, I would prefer not to live next to people who are from war torn countries who bring that shit attitude here. They don't seem to give a flying f7ck about respecting other neighbors rights to peace and quiet etc.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 10-07-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Lots of generalizations happening in here. My community (less than 2,100 people in 2011) where we've owned a home for 16 years has people who will dirt it and others that don't. I can honestly say that the block of 30 or so houses that I live on is great which now has included an annual Stampede block party that is now going into it's 12th annual instance next summer. But I also know of people in the community that live on blocks that have nothing good to say, Hatfield and McCoy feuds, junk in the alleys, unkempt yard, etc - quite amazing that so much can change even from one block to the next within.

That said, I know people who have lived in Marlborough or Temple for several decades and have had no issues raising a family there. At the same time, I know of people who have had no end of problems so one had to wonder how much the individual brings to the situation or if certain blocks/parts of communities are worse than other areas. One thing I am certain of is that a bad/grouchy/unfriendly neighbor will really bring things down - I remember the last place I rented where we had a particularly grumpy old German guy living on one side and a less then friendly single mom on the other side. The old fart actually shoveled dirt on my car one night because I dare to park behind his place in the alley for two hours and my motorbike was to noisy for the mom despite me starting it in the alley over 100 feet away from her house.

So fast forward to 16 years where we are now and I can't say that I've got any bad neighbors - we shovel each other's walks, shoot the shit over beers in the alley, kids play street hockey with no issues during the summer and really look out for each other - yeah, am in the NW but barely and some on Beyond have characterized our neighborhood as being somewhat ghetto. If this is what's ghetto, then I guess I'll take it because it certainly seems to have worked out fine for the past 16 years. Too bad you can't pick your neighbors because good ones can certainly make a block of homes seem quite liveable.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    Nailed it.

I live in a pretty good community in the NW, but my old neighbour used to make me feel like I lived in the ghetto. He parked broken cars everywhere and he would leave broken appliances in front of his house. The NE really isn't that bad, I doubt anybody can look me in the eye and tell me that 25% of the city isn't total trash. It is really just the luck of the draw.

For my last job, I was asked to live in Rio for a couple months. To go through their ghetto, you had to go in an armoured convoy. We actually have it pretty good out here.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

We live in a duplex in Marlborough and me and the neighbor take turns cutting the grass out front or shoveling the walk in the winter. Neighbors around me are great, aside from one they have never changed, people rarely move off this street. Everyone keeps their yards nice. Its nothing like whats being described here.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

There's definitely BS and trash everywhere, there just seems to be an extra concentrated dose of it in the NE, that's all.
    There's still some areas of the NE I'd rather live in than certain areas of the SW (Shawnessy) for example.

I've always been pretty critical of the NE, but lately I tried taking a look at what I bring to the table. Sometimes in the winter the driveway doesn't get shoveled for weeks, and at least one week out of the month there's a broken '97 GM truck on the driveway, oil stains and all. So maybe I should stfu
    Last edited by btimbit; 10-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10