Quantcast
I've had it with people in the NE - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had it with people in the NE

Default Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by adidas
    . He then flashes me his Government badge, and mentions "i work for the government, i am gonna have your car towed
    A guy at my work's dad works for the government and they are full blown pakistani. Does he have a son?

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

I am so angry at myself that I read this whole thread.

My Ride
    Squdixxer 600

I have one neighbour that constantly parks behind my garage. I have a boat and a truck in it so it makes it pretty hard to get anything out. I've explained the situation, I dunno why he parks in the ally. Infront of his house is always open.

If there weren't Filipino people and lots of interesting places to eat, the NE would be an unrecoverable cesspool of societal failure. I've had work projects in every NE community and just can't understand how people would chose to live like that. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you need to turn your area into a Calcutta ditch. Then they reproduce and the problem compounds.

I think people who defend the NE so vigorously are either desensitized to it or are the exact people we're talking about and they don't realize it.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Ven

I think people who defend the NE so vigorously are either desensitized to it or are the exact people we're talking about and they don't realize it.
    Thats sig material right there. Amen, amen.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Ven
    If there weren't Filipino people and lots of interesting places to eat, the NE would be an unrecoverable cesspool of societal failure. I've had work projects in every NE community and just can't understand how people would chose to live like that. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you need to turn your area into a Calcutta ditch. Then they reproduce and the problem compounds.

There's just some parts you should avoid. My neighborhood is okay but I can't wait to GTFO.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by msommers

Go to 5:20.

Now shut the fuck up already.

I suppose instead of flying off the handle I should submit something worthwhile. However, Masked Bandit already said it, but it didn't seem like anyone really listened.
    Great find. Growing up in the NE none of my friends families were ever broke and everything seemed fine to me. Sure there were times when you saw some sketchy things (ESP around train stations) but nothing even comes close to what goes down in the core.

I was viewing a condo at the chocolate building the other day and we literally saw a john pick up a prostitute while we waited for our agent. He totally saw it and cracked a joke to.

I have a university education, a good income, a job I love and I grew up in the "hood". Do I want to purchase a home in the NE? No. I want buy inner city.

But I also see why my parents would never leave.
    My parents own (paid off) 2 properties, have great jobs and can retire whenever they want (age 55,52). My parents got the first house for 85k when I was a kid
    IG:scboss

NW here...my neighbour (lives alone) has 3 vehicles and usually has 2 in front of the house and one in the alley with a workshop in the garage. I secretly refer to him as "Bylaw Bob" as he likes rules except when it comes to him.

Personally I don't care he parks all over the street but it does suck when people visit me and have to park up the street because a vehicle he may drive once a month sits there collecting leaves.

Just think people are randomly dicks all over the city/world...of all colours, religons, non-religons etc...humans are basically a virus in shoes but it's how you accept or don't accept how much people suck.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Ven

Or they don't over exaggerate and blow things way out of proportion?

Some of you need to get out more, you obviously haven't been to many other cities or countries.

My Ride
    Squdixxer 600

Originally posted by StinkyMahoney
    NW here...my neighbour (lives alone) has 3 vehicles and usually has 2 in front of the house and one in the alley with a workshop in the garage. I secretly refer to him as "Bylaw Bob" as he likes rules except when it comes to him.

Personally I don't care he parks all over the street but it does suck when people visit me and have to park up the street because a vehicle he may drive once a month sits there collecting leaves.

Just think people are randomly dicks all over the city/world...of all colours, religons, non-religons etc...humans are basically a virus in shoes but it's how you accept or don't accept how much people suck.
    We have a "by-law Bob" here too. His dogs bark and shit everywhere. He will call by-law on absolutely everything. That's why I was scared to winterize my boat in the ally...

He saw me moving an old fridge; left it right by my trailer to be thrown out. Went in for lunch for an hour.

I came back to load the fridge into the trailer and head to the dump, but had a by-law notice saying I had two weeks to remove it or be fined.

So I displayed it for two weeks then took it to the dump.

Whole block has had it with him.

Originally posted by Ven

You can't lump the NE together like that. It's a huge, diverse section of the the city that has dozens of communities that are all unique in their own way. Some have more social challenges within their borders than others. There are sections of the NE that I would gladly live in and there are other sections that I would not go near.

Take example my own property that sits in a 'starter home' section of Temple. I have tenants in that place that have lived in it for several years now and they could not dream of living anywhere else, and this is an older couple where they both hold down very good paying jobs and keep the place up well.

No break ins, no graffiti, no theft, no issues. Ever. I would gladly live in that house. I would gladly live on that street. In fact, there are not too many places in Temple that I wouldn't live.

I have actually found people who grew up in the NE or live in the NE to be a little more down to earth than the phony, baloney 'live on credit' / holier-than-thou folk of the western communities who are about as interesting as a plastic shopping bag.

My Ride
    s13

if it was not true there would not even be a discussion.

people need to stop defending a place they would never buy a home if they were rich.

Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

lol at the people defending the northeast like is a safe child friendly environment.
    I've had some really good friends grow up there and they'll even admit its nothing but shit.
    Going there was always sketchy growing up, no matter what community I was in, ethnic kids or sorry "cousins" stick together and if your alone your getting jacked or followed....
    Coventry/Panorama is starting to look a lot like it nowadays
    multiple families under one roof, middle eastern families not giving a shit about parking 6 cars on the block, cant forget how they dont sod their lawns after living in the new homes for 2+ years.
    Ill be sure to purchase my next home in the sw.....
    Last edited by egmilano; 10-04-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Originally posted by masoncgy

You can't lump the NE together like that.

I can and I have. In addition to spending multiple weeks working projects in each individual community in the N.E. (and I really do mean each one for the last two years), I have also lived in the N.E. for 7 years.

On a whole it's a shit pit, period. The "nice" areas devolve into unkept examples of neglect and zero pride of ownership. I remember when Taradale was nice, then Saddleridge, next it'll be Skyview Ranch in the shitter. I currently have more homeowners on my street that don't cut their grass than do. And old appliances on the back deck seems to be the new hotness around here. Oh look, there's the bylaw van again.

And here you are defending Temple as such a nice place. Then there's Zedge telling people to get out more and see other cities like those people don't have two fucking eyes and can see for themselves what a turd the NE is. So what's your point? The NE is still better than Brampton? Jane and Finch? Afghanistan? Well fuckin A, looks like we got some time yet!

And to all the bleeding heart liberal pansies that always gotta come in here and state the obvious just to get their text in; Yes I know there's shitty areas in each quadrant, yes I know there's douchbags in other quadrants, neglected homes, dick neighbors, welfare cases, do nothings, duds of society, gangster wannabes, all that. It's the swelling concentration of these societal failings jammed into such a tight bitter pit of acidic bile that makes the NE so special. The NE has more fail per square meter in just Marlborough than any other single quadrant.

Conversely I'm not saying every home and person is a lost cause, because I have friends, family, and involved community members that are great influences and examples. But people like this are fewer and fewer each year as they get diluted by the other things that stain the NE. Stop getting all defensive and pussy hurt about the NE that you grew up in, call it what it is and open your fucking eyes, then do something to make a change if you really love it so much. It's not getting better here.
    Last edited by Ven; 10-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Yep you're right, what a shit hole.

There seems to be a lot of racial undertones here, didn't know that kind of stuff was accepted on Beyond.

Last edited by ZEDGE; 10-04-2012 at 11:18 PM.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

Originally posted by Ven

Fuckin' rights, and the white folk of forest lawn and dover don't need to turn it into the slums of middle age london.

Originally posted by Ven

I can and I have. In addition to spending multiple weeks working projects in each individual community in the N.E. (and I really do mean each one for the last two years), I have also lived in the N.E. for 7 years.

On a whole it's a shit pit, period. The "nice" areas devolve into unkept examples of neglect and zero pride of ownership. I remember when Taradale was nice, then Saddleridge, next it'll be Skyview Ranch in the shitter. I currently have more homeowners on my street that don't cut their grass than do. And old appliances on the back deck seems to be the new hotness around here. Oh look, there's the bylaw van again.

And here you are defending Temple as such a nice place. Then there's Zedge telling people to get out more and see other cities like those people don't have two fucking eyes and can see for themselves what a turd the NE is. So what's your point? The NE is still better than Brampton? Jane and Finch? Afghanistan? Well fuckin A, looks like we got some time yet!

And to all the bleeding heart liberal pansies that always gotta come in here and state the obvious just to get their text in; Yes I know there's shitty areas in each quadrant, yes I know there's douchbags in other quadrants, neglected homes, dick neighbors, welfare cases, do nothings, duds of society, gangster wannabes, all that. It's the swelling concentration of these societal failings jammed into such a tight bitter pit of acidic bile that makes the NE so special. The NE has more fail per square meter in just Marlborough than any other single quadrant.

Conversely I'm not saying every home and person is a lost cause, because I have friends, family, and involved community members that are great influences and examples. But people like this are fewer and fewer each year as they get diluted by the other things that stain the NE. Stop getting all defensive and pussy hurt about the NE that you grew up in, call it what it is and open your fucking eyes, then do something to make a change if you really love it so much. It's not getting better here.
    Move out of temple: Problem solved. Ghetto rat.

You see here kid, the problem is not the middle easterners or the indians or the Filipinos, the problem rather is the undereducated ones, much like the white or anglo residents of Forest Lawn, Dover and to some extent riverbend. So you need to get your privvy ass out (assuming your not a ghetto rat) and show your anglo roots in, I dunno, Bonavista?

Another FYI, all neighberhoods, quadrants near the airport in all cities are normally the slums of that city.
    Last edited by desi112; 10-05-2012 at 08:27 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by ZEDGE

There seems to be a lot of racial undertones here, didn't know that kind of stuff was accepted on Beyond.

So true.
    Last edited by desi112; 10-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by SJW
    It's all fun and games until a brown asshole moves into the neighborhood.
    Suprise bitch.

Lived 19 years from Forest Lawn to Taradale and everywhere in between before I finally could afford my own place somewhere a lot nicer.

The NE (include everything north of peigan trail & east of deerfoot ex. forest lawn, dover) is a place I would never in my life raise my kids. I got very "street smart" in the first 16 years of my life before I finally got focused and broke out from the ghetto mentality that is found throughout these neighborhoods. People just have no respect for their own property let alone anyone elses. This has a lot to do with the different cultures living their who just let everything go to sh!t.

The worst part about living there (as a kid/teenager) was the "hardcore" (wanabe) afghani's & lebs(arabs in general) wearing their $40 fake leather jackets and D&G shirts from ebay. They moved in packs and picked on people just because of the color of their skin...and people think white people are rascist? Thankfully I never had to deal with this because of the friends I had. If I say "whitehorn trainstation" and a picture of 30 of these guys trying to rob young kids does not pop into your head, you do not know anything about the northeast in its current state. These individuals may have moved on to one of the more northern trainstations by now, who knows?

The fact is that these communities have been ran right into the ground. It has a bad rep for a reason. I would like to say though, IF YOU HAVE NOT LIVED IN THE NORTHEAST YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DO. The NE isn't and unsafe place for adults at all. If you are going to a grocery store or wanting to go to Sunridge mall you are completely fine. It is the teenagers that are subjected to all the stupid bs that takes place there.

/first world problems

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Great, I'm glad we see Hamsa to Hamsa.

Can't help with the "racial undertones" part though, I didn't see any. Unless using the words Indian, Brown, or Immigrant during a conversation about the N.E. is racist. I suspect a lot of people get that mixed up.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast