Quantcast
I've had it with people in the NE - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had it with people in the NE

My Ride
    is Invisible

Default I've had it with people in the NE

I have never in my life come across such people. The NE is meant for low-lifes and people from the middle east, thats it. If you aint either then live elsewhere.

Some background info. Ive lived in the NE for 4 years now and have had parking problems ever since the homes around us started getting occupied(new neighborhood). The homes on one side of the street have attached garages, the other does not. The house that i live in does not. It just so happens that our closest neighbors park their cars everywhere but their garage, which leaves the other side of the street with barely anywhere to park.

Just a few moments ago, someone rang my doorbell. I usually dont answer, unless im expecting someone but after, standing on my porch for a min i figured this guy wants something.

He asks me if one of our cars is parked in front of his house(he has a attached garage). The car is parked in a common space between 2 houses thats about 15ft long, so obviously its not blocking him from getting out by any means. I tell him that "it is our car". He asks me to "move it, so i can park my car there". So i ask him, why he doesnt park elsewhere, he just avoids the question. I then ask, "How many cars you got in the garage(knowing that he has none), why dont u park a car in the garage and park the other vehicle on ur garage pad". Ignoring my question again he says, "are you gonna move it or not?" I tell him "No, this is a public street". He then flashes me his Government badge, and mentions "i work for the government, i am gonna have your car towed" I tell him "okay" and as hes walking away i ask for his name, he says SUNNY, "whats your last name Sunny?" "You dont need it"

Hes been outside for about half an hour now, not going inside, pretending to clean his rims on his grand am, lol.

The NE is like the slums of India, garbage everywhere, mattresses in the backyard, and neighbors that think they are the shit cause they are able to afford 15K cars.

/end rant

yes mad
    yes irate

So i guess im just waiting for the tow truck to swing by and see what hes gonna do.

Default Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by adidas
    I have never in my life come across such people. The NE is meant for low-lifes and people from the middle east, thats it. If you aint either then live elsewhere.

Some background info. Ive lived in the NE for 4 years now and have had parking problems ever since the homes around us started getting occupied(new neighborhood). The homes on one side of the street have attached garages, the other does not. The house that i live in does not. It just so happens that our closest neighbors park their cars everywhere but their garage, which leaves the other side of the street with barely anywhere to park.

Just a few moments ago, someone rang my doorbell. I usually dont answer, unless im expecting someone but after, standing on my porch for a min i figured this guy wants something.

He asks me if one of our cars is parked in front of his house(he has a attached garage). The car is parked in a common space between 2 houses thats about 15ft long, so obviously its not blocking him from getting out by any means. I tell him that "it is our car". He asks me to "move it, so i can park my car there". So i ask him, why he doesnt park elsewhere, he just avoids the question. I then ask, "How many cars you got in the garage(knowing that he has none), why dont u park a car in the garage and park the other vehicle on ur garage pad". Ignoring my question again he says, "are you gonna move it or not?" I tell him "No, this is a public street". He then flashes me his Government badge, and mentions "i work for the government, i am gonna have your car towed" I tell him "okay" and as hes walking away i ask for his name, he says SUNNY, "whats your last name Sunny?" "You dont need it"

Hes been outside for about half an hour now, not going inside, pretending to clean his rims on his grand am, lol.

The NE is like the slums of India, garbage everywhere, mattresses in the backyard, and neighbors that think they are the shit cause they are able to afford 15K cars.

/end rant

yes mad
    yes irate

So i guess im just waiting for the tow truck to swing by and see what hes gonna do.
    Since you're living there aren't you a lowlife also by association? That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?

My Ride
    2005 F350

Default Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by adidas
    I am a giant douche.
    yes, we know.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Default Re: Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by calgary403

Since you're living there aren't you a lowlife also by association? That's kind of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it?
    For me to label every person as a low-life in the NE is kinda obscured. It is meant more as a general statement.

Low housing costs=uneducated and poor people run the NE. lol

My Ride
    6.2L V8

what a tool hahaha

first its "can you please move your car so i can park mine there?"

next its "can you please send over your wife so i can park mine there?"

My Ride
    Depends on the day

He can't tow your car, you live in the area.
    Last edited by kvg; 10-30-2010 at 04:58 PM.

My Ride
    TDI

Was going to go on a rant about parking in front of someone's house on a regular basis being bad courtesy, but you said it was a common space.

LOL at the gov't employee thing. Did he say what he did... wtf was the ID? Maybe you should call the cops and say some guy was waving around a 'government ID' demanding that you move your car. Something tells me he doesn't really have the authority to be doing that.
    Last edited by megavolt; 10-30-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Government Employees

SRS BZNZ

Default Re: Re: I've had it with people in the NE

Originally posted by SOAB

yes, we know.
    Quality Coles Notes

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by megavolt
    Was going to go on a rant about parking in front of someone's house on a regular basis being bad courtesy, but you said it was a common space.

LOL at the gov't employee thing. Did he say what he did... wtf was the ID? Maybe you should call the cops and say some guy was waving around a 'government ID' demanding that you move your car. Something tells me he doesn't really have the authority to be doing that.
    I saw it momentarily, as he opened/closed it quick. It had a badge(kinda like the FBI uses in movies) and had an ID similar to a drivers lisence, but different colors and shit.

Maybe its all part of him trying to "trick" me for Halloween.

My Ride
    VTAKK

Saddleridge?

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by benz_890
    Saddleridge?
    Taradale

Taradale is the least repulsive section of the NE IMO

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Wow.. power trip much? 9Works for the government. Woopie)

I'm with you, OP. Even if he didn't have a garage, you have every right to park there. And because he DOES have a garage but doesn't use it makes it from silly to just outright absurd.

The neighbor across the street tried putting a "no parking" sign in front of his garaged house... which he also doesn't use for his cars. I don't think that lasted long.

When I lived in Abbeydale, I used to park out on the street because we only had one parking spot in front of our units. (Which held my summer car) And on the street, there are ungaraged houses. (Though they do have a back lane). I would park wherever I could, but there was often a spot available in front of one house in particular. One weekend we went out in the morning, and some guy said "so YOU'RE the guy who's parking in our spot all the time". I'm like... "what?" He tells me that is his spot and not to park there anymore. I simply told him it is a pulic street and I was going to park wherever I felt like. This guy actually got right up in my face so our eyes were inches away from each other. I was SOOOO willing to scrap, but not willing to make the first move.

At the end of the day, he just turned away and went inside. But seriously man - get to know the laws first before you start struttin your stuff.

Next time your neighbor bitches, don't be so nice. Tell him to use his garage or shut the hell up.

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    Taradale is the least repulsive section of the NE IMO
    "Least repulsive". Well put.

I'd probably throw Saddleridge and Coral Springs in there as well - they aren't that bad.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

You could always move out of the northeast. People can defend it all day, it's still not a place I would EVER consider living by myself, let alone raising a kid or 10. That said, any of you who do this on the daily have my respect.

I remember Nenshi saying that the degree of "uncomfortable" between different cultures (in those particular areas) was a good thing that encouraged growth. It looks like it's working well here.
    Last edited by CUG; 10-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Kloubek
    And because he DOES have a garage but doesn't use it makes it from silly to just outright absurd.
    You'd be surprised at how many people use their garage as storage, and park their cars outside (even in the NW lol). Some of those ppl belong on that hoarders show.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

keep us updated OP about any tow truck, this could be interesting
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Originally posted by CUG
    You could always move out of the northeast. People can defend it all day, it's still not a place I would EVER consider living by myself, let alone raising a kid or 10. That said, any of you who do this on the daily have my respect.

I remember Nenshi saying that the degree of "uncomfortable" between different cultures (in those particular areas) was a good thing that encouraged growth. It looks like it's working well here.
    inference queen eh?

You must know every culture very well to be able to infer that much?
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by jazzyb

inference queen eh?

You must know every culture very well to be able to infer that much?
    It's qualified. I've been in the area many times before

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

I have Indian's from down the street come over all the time asking if we will trade(+cash) houses with them because our's is bigger and they have more family coming over from India and they need more rooms.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast