Quantcast
Chumpcar World Series - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Chumpcar World Series

Default Chumpcar World Series

http://www.chumpcar.com/

May 21, 2011 @ Race City.

"Hey! Canada! Anyone up there want go REAL racing... in REALLY crappy cars? How about joining us at Race City for a spectacular Double-7 Enduro weekend? Make us proud and we'll keep coming back! Entry Deadline: 21 February 2011. Payment Deadline: 21 March 2011."

Looks effin awesome.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Holy shit, SO THERE. I love ChumpCar! Even better, if we put a Beyond entry together it would be amazing.

For the uninitiated, here's the basic breakdown of ChumpCar:

Here are the Basic Rules

* Not including the required safety equipment, your car must be valued at less than $500… not what you paid for it.
    * Safety gear includes roll-cage, harness, fire bottle and other important stuff… plus helmet and driver's gear.
    * Wheels and brakes are subject to the "2X" rule: that is, if the OEM cost of any part is "X," then you can spend "2X" on wheels and brakes. Just wheels and brakes… not springs and shocks.
    * Tires are up to you… as long as they’re DOT legal and rated at 190 or higher for treadwear.
    * ChumpCar has two (2) race formats: 24-hour endurance races or Double 7-hour Enduros. Your entry fee covers both Enduros and these are separate races, with separate winners.
    * Want to make sure that you get in the race? First 50 entries are guaranteed. ChumpCar limits the number of cars on the track, so – to be safe – get it entered and get it paid!
    * If you cheat or screw-up or both… you'll be docked laps. We may also get creative with the penalties, but we know that sitting around while your team stares at YOU, and other cars are still racing… well, that’s enough torment and anguish.

also, http://www.chumpcar.com/faq.php

My Ride
    S14|TB1

ohh man this is awesome, exactly like the 24 hours of Lemons in the states, but CDN lol

beyond team would be awesome for sures!

I think the most difficult part is getting a roll cage. It sucks it isnt like the old claimer cars where you could just put post's behind the seats. so much easier.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    Holy shit, SO THERE. I love ChumpCar! Even better, if we put a Beyond entry together it would be amazing.
    A Beyond entry? C'mon, there's so many baller beyonders that they should be able to fill the field, no?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Wankels!

I will be there, potentially as a driver. I know quite a few iceracers from Edmonton/area are planning to set up teams.

Lots of regular local road racers are considering the event. I think it would be interesting to see how people who have never raced wheel to wheel at Race City will do against experienced racers. The key is to prepare a car that would last a 7 hour race, not easy when you are preparing a car that's only worth 500 bucks. Attrition is pretty high from what I've read of the Chump Car races in the states, both from cars breaking down and people running into each other.

I will likely be putting together a team. Anyone else going to get involved?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Haha, where to sign up?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

If I can find the cash to do this, I will, otherwise I'll hope to join someone's team as a pit monkey or, fingers crossed, a driver
    Geek

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by CSMRX7
    I will likely be putting together a team. Anyone else going to get involved?
    Oh you know I'm there and I have some ideas on the 'right' shitbox for race city and these rules, my only problem is that alot of cash to build a one race car...that's a shitbox. Although once it's build road trips could be fun especially if we lose the track.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

Originally posted by m10-power

Oh you know I'm there and I have some ideas on the 'right' shitbox for race city and these rules, my only problem is that alot of cash to build a one race car...that's a shitbox. Although once it's build road trips could be fun especially if we lose the track.
    That's the issue a couple of buddies and I are having too. It's hard to justify building a car for that much $$$ when it's going to be completely useless after we're done with chumpcar. If we can find a car that would make a suitable rally car afterwards, I think we will put a team together.
    Texas Nick

I havent raced claimer in years, so I dont know the scoop if its still around, but if you guys built your cars to stay kinda in "claimer car rules" specs, you could use your cars a lot more then once.

www.claimercar.com

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

if someone wants to put together an a team, I am down for it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    S13 / W204

awsome concept... lookin' forward to this

My Ride
    Wankels!

For those of you who don't want to build a car for just one event, keep in mind that this is likely an event that will re-occur if Race City is available. Additionally, there is a 24 hours chumpcar race in Spokane in July 2011 (about 8-9 hours drive away), and the president of the NASCC is trying to get an event at CFB Edmonton (Namao Canadian Forces base runways).

My Ride
    '87 Merkur XR4Ti, '75Nova Custom, '04 CBR600RR

Myself and two others are looking to participate in the May event at Race City, as well as other events in the north-western United States (And, if the stars align, that amazing downtown race in Ensanada Mexico race come December) - We're shy one or two other members to meet minimum driver criteria and cost sharing, however.

We're all complete novices with no real performance experience in cars (I've taken a turn or two around RC on my CBR, but never done much more than Blackfoot Trail on four wheels), but we're all interested in experiencing racing from the other side of the Grands. If you're interested, know something about wrenching, have the cash to split the initials and are willing to spend a number of weekends building a race car and driving all over hell's half acre to beat the shit out of it, shoot me a PM and perhaps we'll see if we can't hash something out, eh?
    Live fast, Die young - But make sure you look good doing it, aye?

My Ride
    94 ST205 / 88 ED8

Woot! My team has a race car!

1977 BMW 530i....not....quite....running....yet.

See you in May, chumps!
    Texas Nick

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Is there an opportunity to have sponsor stickers?
    If I could put a big sticker(s) on the car, I'd be willing to put a cage in one. The team pays the material, I supply the labour. Would be fun to get involved.

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Originally posted by Revhard
    Is there an opportunity to have sponsor stickers?
    If I could put a big sticker(s) on the car, I'd be willing to put a cage in one. The team pays the material, I supply the labour. Would be fun to get involved.
    Yes. Definitely. I sent you a pm over on the Western Subaru Club.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast