Quantcast
UN accusing US of human rights violations: - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Default UN accusing US of human rights violations:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101105/...s_human_rights

The UN is reviewing the cases today. Mostly war actions. It would be quite the thing if the US was labelled a human rights violator by the UN.

China voted for and financially supports clean water as a basic human right, Canada and the US both abstain from the idea.
    Trumps' signature is fraud by design.

My Ride
    anything that comes along

If they do I can bet a good chance the USA would leave the UN, most the right hate the UN anyway.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So basically their main issues are trying terrorists in military tribunals, not treating illegal immigrants well and apparently they treat drug dealers worse if they are of a certain race.

Aside from the last one, do the vast majority of people really have an issue with it?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Bush responded "damn right" when the CIA sought permission to use waterboarding.
    U.S. State Department legal adviser Harold Koh told The Associated Press that the question of whether a former U.S. president could be prosecuted for acts committed in office hadn't been resolved.
    Are you fucking kidding?
    So you can do whatever you want while in office as long as you leave office before people find out?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

very interesting stuff...

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I sense history repeating itself *Cough LON cough* (league of nations)
    Last edited by syeve; 11-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

China voted for and financially supports clean water as a basic human right, Canada and the US both abstain from the idea.
    Argggg, usually I never post to Zen0ps, but seriously, NO SHIT THEY WOULD.

China wants clean water. Canada and the USA have clean water. Who do you think the clean water comes from, magical F*&king clean water fairies? No, it would come from us!

Default Re: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Originally posted by ZenOps
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101105/...s_human_rights

The UN is reviewing the cases today. Mostly war actions. It would be quite the thing if the US was labelled a human rights violator by the UN.

Yeah... thats because they would like to see a legal framework established that would demand semi-responsible countries like the US and Canada to share their clean water resources with places like China, which hasn't learned that shitting where you drink = bad idea.

Default Re: Re: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Originally posted by NuclearPizzaMan

Yeah... thats because they would like to see a legal framework established that would demand semi-responsible countries like the US and Canada to share their clean water resources with places like China, which hasn't learned that shitting where you drink = bad idea.
    Of course. Canada doesn't understand the importance of clean water - because we've never had truely epic problem with it yet.

Dubai is fully aware of water quality issues, especially at extreme density housing (100 story buildings create a lot of local sewage) at 40 degrees celsius. Its not always a matter of ignorance, its just life...

http://www.dailycourier.ca/stories_sports.php?id=306016

There are a handful of swimmers (and probably quite a few spectators) coming back to Canada from the commonwealth games with Typhoid fever... Dunno if who to blame if blame can actually be laid anywhere or if people just chalk dirty tainted water to "Its life, get over it".

Thats also not counting the tailings ponds like the one in Hungary that spilled over. Europeans are just as suceptable, but usually industrial waste and not so much bacterial waste.

In Germany, the snow falls to the ground black.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-05-2010 at 05:11 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Re: Re: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Originally posted by NuclearPizzaMan

Pretty sure this has more to do with the corporate lobby.

Water = Money.

Where theres money to be made, there will be lobbyists telling the government what to do to maximize their profits.

ie Cap and Trade (Carbon Trading)

If we agreed that water is a human right then the companies that are based in Canada and the US that are currently raping and pillaging the 3rd world are going to be in a pretty shitty situation.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Default Re: Re: Re: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Originally posted by ZenOps

Dubai is fully aware of water quality issues, especially at extreme density housing (100 story buildings create a lot of local sewage) at 40 degrees celsius. Its not always a matter of ignorance, its just life...
    Yep, FULLY aware, fully aware that it is important to supply a snow making machine in a mall with lots of this needed water.

No ignorance there, none at all.

EDIT: Ooops, you said quality not quantity. My bad.

ZenOps has the world figured out... and so it amazes me that he spends 20 hours a day posting his genius insight on beyond, when instead he could be focusing on something that actually matters to the world.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 11-05-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Originally posted by Guillermo
    ZenOps has the world figured out... and so it amazes me that he spends 20 hours a day posting his genius insight on beyond, when instead he could be focusing on something that actually matters to the world.
    And it amazes me that you spend 20 hours a day posting irrelevant comments that don't have anything to do with the OP, and are not funny whatsoever. You're not funny. Back on topic, this shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone. Like someone else said, history repeats itself, and this is such a damn obvious example. I still don't understand why countries and advocate groups are relying on the UN to discipline the US... the UN is like the aunt that has to babysit the 17 year old US when it's mom is away, it'll keep yelling and nagging and asking but the 17 year old will do what they want and try to keep the aunt as quiet as possible.

EDIT: guillermo nice ninja edit but i already quoted you

Default Re: Re: Re: UN accusing US of human rights violations:

Originally posted by broken_legs

If we agreed that water is a human right then the companies that are based in Canada and the US that are currently raping and pillaging the 3rd world are going to be in a pretty shitty situation.
    Punn intended?

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to sharing the wealth. But if it ever came to Canada not having enough water than I'm as conservative as they come. Isn't there things we could teach about water purification instead of shipping out our water supply?
    BOOOOOya!!!

Originally posted by Scuderia

And it amazes me that you spend 20 hours a day posting irrelevant comments that don't have anything to do with the OP, and are not funny whatsoever. You're not funny.
    if my goal was to be funny, then you would be laughing, dickhead. now go do your homework.

if my goal was to be funny, then you would be laughing, dickhead. now go do your homework.
    LOL yeah that's what I thought. Maybe try a bit harder next thread? BTW, even if I was a high school student, and I had homework, tonight is Friday, nobody does homework on a Friday, dickhead.

My Ride
    //M

@ thread
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

Whut. I *am* saving the world from behind my keyboard here.

People used to immortalize themselves by Hollywood. Nowadays the internet has much more power. You can spend $320,000 to become mayor or $160 million to not become a governor of a state.

Besides I'm a Chinese old guy in Canada, we aren't *supposed* to be in Hollywood or enter local politics. Its almost conflict of interest for a Chinese Imperialist sympathetic to the British Crown - to actually be democratically chosen by the masses.

It would be hypocrisy beyond hypocrisy. I'm very happy posting in a sub sub forum of what might be considered a very obscure place to rant politics.

Technically - I was raised to be the guy with the whip Now walk uphill both ways to and from school already!
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-06-2010 at 06:24 AM.

i'm sorry, i was drinking last night and running my mouth. I don't mean to be such a dick.