Quantcast
Photogs Banned Discussion Thread - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Photogs Banned Discussion Thread

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Melinda

Thank you, I appreciate that clarification.

I shoot 2-3 shoots per week as a rule, and the bulk of my business is certainly not beyond based (it works much better to have your own kids and spend two years hanging around with other moms). There is no way I could shoot even a tiny fraction of all of the babies, kids and families in this city or even on this forum.

Since when did competition become a bad thing? We have a lot of shops on beyond that advertise simultaniously without any complaints about their competition. Besides, I shoot one teeny little piece of the market. 99% of the photographers on this forum have no "competition" from me. Hell, one of my good friends on here shoots the same stuff I do and we send clients to one another all the time. Our styles and personalities are totally different and we vibe with different people in different ways.

I'm not entirely sure how I ended up as the bad guy in all of this, there are 4 moderators that make some or all of their living as photographers, not too sure why I get to be the controvercial one. I exchange a service for a service with beyond. it's not just a case of me being friends with a guy (or two guys in this case) and them saying "sure, go ahead".
    I don't think you became a bad guy in this to anyone except quasi....hell, when I made my earlier comments/questions I didn't realize you had anything to do with this at all (and you didn't except for in quasi's head it seems), I just asked out of curiousity.

Had I known it would be part of a brewing shit-storm I'd have never said a thing.

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

You were made the "bad guy" (girl?) because Quazi figured he was removed unfairly. When in fact, he was removed because he broke the rules. It's really a simple situation he's tried (and failed) to turn into a big controversy with illusions of conspiracy and drama.

I do think the rule changes were not properly conveyed to the users. I'll give him that. But that aside, he simply took it too far.

At the end of the day, I really don't know why ANY threats were even attempted. It's a fucking message forum.

A MESSAGE FORUM.

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by Melinda
    I'm not entirely sure how I ended up as the bad guy in all of this
    Melinda - it has been made perfectly clear that you are not. So please put your sig back as per the the terms of beyond. It's within rules, and you're quite entitled to do so. Leaving it off "may" be construed by some as an admission of guilt.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Wrinkly

Melinda - it has been made perfectly clear that you are not. So please put your sig back as per the the terms of beyond. It's within rules, and you're quite entitled to do so. Leaving it off "may" be construed by some as an admission of guilt.

I plan on it. Just looking for a new comic to replace the old one that I had on there for 3 years. Time for an update

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I can vouch for Melinda (for what it's worth)... I thought poorly of her at one time, we had words through PM and she's actually not at all the person I thought she was (which is good!).

I've never seen her offer her services blatantly in a thread, I have seen her sig, but knew it was just a link to her site, like every other photogrpaher on beyond.

Either way... Melinda =

I wonder if Quazi can still see the pictures now that he's banned. I hope not, as he'll then have to find new sources other than Beyond for his recreations. I was curious as to why he was being so ridiculous so I searched through his posts. Holy fuck.

maybe I'm just oversensitive to it as it's my kid involved, but seeing those recent cake smash pictures made me pretty grumpy as they're a painfully obvious attempt (I'm not even a photographer and I can see it) to recreate the EXACT same setup posted here of my son a few months ago. It IS an amazing picture though, so I can understand why he'd want to recreate it versus trying to find his own groove. I went back to look at his posts in the photo threads (especially in threads where Melinda's images are posted) and it seems like every response is "how did you do that" "where did you get that" "where is that location" "what are the settings on that one" I couldn't find one single "wow, that's a great pic!"

I realize that photographers use each other for inspiration, but come on, the rainbow cake and a blue background? At least TRY to make it look like you changed SOMETHING. The family you're shooting deserves at least that much effort from you.

The fact Melinda hasn't said anything about it is astounding to me.

No wonder he blamed her for the ban and went all tinfoil hat paranoid.

Just to clarify.

My kid

Quazi's photo, although this isn't the one he originally posted, it's an edit done by Go4Long
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

lol, the original from quazi looked like a mottled little zombie.

My Ride
    2006 A-Spec TL, 2010 MDX Tech

Originally posted by abyss
    [B]I wonder if Quazi can still see the pictures now that he's banned. I hope not, as he'll then have to find new sources other than Beyond for his recreations.
    Yes!! Someone else sees this as well!! Where is poor old Quazi gonna get his ideas from? I never seen a person so blatantly copy others people's photos like this guy does. And I mean frickin BLATANT, and will not admit it. I asked him about a photo he did that was exactly like mine in the exact same some location with the exact same pose. He likes this shot so much he's done it many times with other clients. Way to be creative and give your clients something fresh, buddy!

This guy is a different breed of human being.

Thank you so much for posting that photo Melinda did for you. Photo looks great and your kid is cute.

And thank you for finally banning this guy. He's had it coming for so long. He's been peddling his shit in the photographer's section for a long time.
    Last edited by JTI; 11-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Been an enlightening, and satisfying read.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

not to point out the obvious to the photographers complaining about Quazi supposedly ripping off other people's ideas a couple posts up, since that really isn't the point of this thread...but maybe try googling cake smash photos, or new york wedding photographer...as neither of the ideas that you're claiming to have been ripped off are even close to Melinda or JTi originals, they're concepts that have been done for long before either of those two did them...and will be done long after you stop doing them...
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Originally posted by Go4Long
    not to point out the obvious to the photographers complaining about Quazi supposedly ripping off other people's ideas a couple posts up, since that really isn't the point of this thread...but maybe try googling cake smash photos, or new york wedding photographer...as neither of the ideas that you're claiming to have been ripped off are even close to Melinda or JTi originals, they're concepts that have been done for long before either of those two did them...and will be done long after you stop doing them...
    Done. Went through 20 pages of Google images and didn't find a single rainbow cake.

hmm.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

the funny part of that is Quazi asked her for a recommendation on a baker, and she gave it to him...so not exactly earth shattering either.

so the baker made them both similar cakes...alrighty...so shoot kevin for going with a baker that makes nice lookin cakes...as I already said though...it's not exactly melinda's concept to claim...

My Ride
    FA1

If you're an active member of the forum you probably go through all the different sections on beyond. Just to clarify where the warning was made, the section is titled "Forum Related Stuff," so many of you are asking questions in there anyway I don't see why it's a reason to make an excuse as to why you didn't read it. All this conspiracy shit is ridiculous and it just takes someone with a lot of time on their hands to try to attempt to relate everything that is happening to their conspiracy.

My Ride
    Highlander

the funny part of that is Quazi asked her for a recommendation on a baker, and she gave it to him...so not exactly earth shattering either.

so the baker made them both similar cakes...alrighty...so shoot kevin for going with a baker that makes nice lookin cakes...as I already said though...it's not exactly melinda's concept to claim...
    Haha I most certainly did not. He did ask me for it, but no, I did not give him that information. I just told him a cake decorator friend and I had come up with the rainbow cake idea and it had become my new standard. No names, no contact info, nothing of the sort. He went out and found someone else (since my baker is a very good friend of mine and would have told me otherwise) to make his cakes for him.

EDIT: Oh and I suppose it should be mentioned that my baker gave birth via c-section 2 weeks ago. She certainly was not pumping out cakes last week for anyone, so you can try again there.

Wow, this guy has balls. So he actually asked Melinda how to properly rip off her work?! Holy fuck.

different type of human indeed.
    Last edited by abyss; 11-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

oh well...it's the photography business for you...you find a new twist on an old concept and it's just not going to stay a twist that only you're capable of. You don't see Mike complaining that dave is ripping off his ideas do you?

oh well...it's the photography business for you...you find a new twist on an old concept and it's just not going to stay a twist that only you're capable of. You don't see Mike complaining that dave is ripping off his ideas do you?
    I guess it's like all business then. There's always an asshole trying to make a quick buck by making cheap crappy knockoffs of someone else's creativity.

I don't know who Mike or Dave is.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

mboldt and evolvize(or however you spell it)

it's the whole photography business though...people all use the same locations...and they all bitch that everyone else that uses them is ripping THEM off, the same thing with ideas, so many people do similar shot ideas, and they all claim that it was their idea first, or there's is better because of this...

It turns the whole industry in to a junior high school, all claiming that they're the greatest, but no one wanting to just shut up and actually be the greatest.

I imagine someone from DECADES ago is furious about how many people are shooting portraits on railroad tracks now...
    Last edited by Go4Long; 11-08-2010 at 02:21 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Who cares if Quazi shot a similar scene? It's not like baby+cake=totally original idea. If anything, his shot was more original since the original baby looked like it belonged on the new series "The Walking Dead" on AMC....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You don't see Mike complaining that dave is ripping off his ideas do you?
    That's because Dave hasn't been a baby about his banning and blaming Mike for "taking out the competition" haha.

Originally posted by abyss
    There's always an asshole trying to make a quick buck by making cheap crappy knockoffs of someone else's creativity.
    We're not the first car forum around. And I'm pretty sure I'm an asshole.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Who cares if Quazi shot a similar scene? It's not like baby+cake=totally original idea. If anything, his shot was more original since the original baby looked like it belonged on the new series "The Walking Dead" on AMC....
    WTF is this Zombie thing you guys are talking about? I'll be honest, comparing those 2 pics, I liked Quasi's better than Melindas. But that's just me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast